Windows 10: Bitlocker installed during update, never received recovery key, locked out

Discus and support Bitlocker installed during update, never received recovery key, locked out in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC just ran an update. When it restarted, I was prompted to input a bitlocker recovery key. I never received one nor did I see any prompt about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ellisJ480, Sep 17, 2021.

1. ellisJ480 Win User

Bitlocker installed during update, never received recovery key, locked out

My PC just ran an update. When it restarted, I was prompted to input a bitlocker recovery key. I never received one nor did I see any prompt about this. Checked my Microsoft account from a different computer and there is no recovery key. Is my only option really to wipe and reinstall Windows? This is absurd.

:)

ellisJ480, Sep 17, 2021

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 17, 2021
  3. BitLocker recovery key

Hi Dan,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue related to Bitlocker.

Just to confirm, are you being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key from the lock screen after booting PC? If not, where are you exactly being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key?

Also, are you the only person that has an account on your device? Have you already done any troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue? If yes, what are these troubleshooting steps?

We'll be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Bitlocker installed during update, never received recovery key, locked out

BitLocker recovery key

My computer is locked by BitLocker and the recovery key is not showing in the Microsoft account (the device is listed). How can I generate/retrieve the key (I don't have it stored anywhere)?

ChiragMittal, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker installed during update, never received recovery key, locked out

1. Bitlocker installed during update, never received recovery key, locked out - Similar Threads - Bitlocker installed during

2. Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker: Hi,I am really stuck, recently i got stuck onto a Bitlocker recovery screen for Dell XPS with Windows 10.Its gives instruction to get a recovery key but they do not work. havre tried below links1. https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyTraceID:...
  3. Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker: Hi,I am really stuck, recently i got stuck onto a Bitlocker recovery screen for Dell XPS with Windows 10.Its gives instruction to get a recovery key but they do not work. havre tried below links1. https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyTraceID:...
  4. Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Locked out of microsoft account and need bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of microsoft account and need bitlocker recovery key: Hi,I’ve only had my brand new laptop about a month and today turned it on to find a screen asking for a bitlocker key, so tried to log into my microsoft account which then asks to send me a code by txt but its not my number. Tried resetting the number but now telling me i...
  6. Locked out of microsoft account and need bitlocker recovery key

Locked out of microsoft account and need bitlocker recovery key: Hi,I’ve only had my brand new laptop about a month and today turned it on to find a screen asking for a bitlocker key, so tried to log into my microsoft account which then asks to send me a code by txt but its not my number. Tried resetting the number but now telling me i...
  7. Locked out of microsoft account and need bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. BitLocker recovery key not working - locked out of my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery key not working - locked out of my laptop: I am on a Dell using OS Windows 11 and BitLocker recovery key not working - locked out of my laptop I clearly see the key looked up on my phone and my work computer in my MS account but it does not work.Yesterday my machine said said it had updates to install so I did then...
  9. BitLocker recovery key not working - locked out of my laptop

BitLocker recovery key not working - locked out of my laptop: I am on a Dell using OS Windows 11 and BitLocker recovery key not working - locked out of my laptop I clearly see the key looked up on my phone and my work computer in my MS account but it does not work.Yesterday my machine said said it had updates to install so I did then...
  10. Unexpectedly locked out of laptop / no BitLocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unexpectedly locked out of laptop / no BitLocker recovery key: I have been using my laptop for 18 months, and suddenly this morning I was unable to log in. Instead I have a message asking for my BitLocker recovery key "because your laptop's configuration has changed. This may have happened because a disk or USB has been inserted"I have...