Windows 10: BitLocker is not recognizing my key, can't get pawt the recovery screen on my Probook 4530,...

Discus and support BitLocker is not recognizing my key, can't get pawt the recovery screen on my Probook 4530,... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Installed Windows 10 and a few weeks later installed Bitlocker. BitLocker Recovery screen is not recognizing the recovery key... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BarbaraElkins1, Feb 21, 2019.

1. BitLocker is not recognizing my key, can't get pawt the recovery screen on my Probook 4530,...

Installed Windows 10 and a few weeks later installed Bitlocker.

BitLocker Recovery screen is not recognizing the recovery key

:)

BarbaraElkins1, Feb 21, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 21, 2019
  3. BitLocker recovery key

Hi Dan,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue related to Bitlocker.

Just to confirm, are you being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key from the lock screen after booting PC? If not, where are you exactly being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key?

Also, are you the only person that has an account on your device? Have you already done any troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue? If yes, what are these troubleshooting steps?

We'll be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Feb 21, 2019
  4. BitLocker is not recognizing my key, can't get pawt the recovery screen on my Probook 4530,...

recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

BitLocker is not recognizing my key, can't get pawt the recovery screen on my Probook 4530,...

1. BitLocker is not recognizing my key, can't get pawt the recovery screen on my Probook 4530,... - Similar Threads - BitLocker recognizing key

2. I can't get my bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my bitlocker recovery key: HiI recently had a BIOS update on my laptop and now getting bitlocker recovery screen. when I try to retrieve this via aka.ms/myrecoverykey, I get TraceID: sq7lB95m3EeKgdEA.24.79 error message please see image belowI had previously retrieve my bitloacker recovery key when...
  3. I can't get my bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get my bitlocker recovery key: HiI recently had a BIOS update on my laptop and now getting bitlocker recovery screen. when I try to retrieve this via aka.ms/myrecoverykey, I get TraceID: sq7lB95m3EeKgdEA.24.79 error message please see image belowI had previously retrieve my bitloacker recovery key when...
  4. can't find my BitLocker Recovery Key

can't find my BitLocker Recovery Key: can't find my bitlocker key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/495c738a-54c3-47b1-849a-c0380d64d9de
  5. can't find my BitLocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't find my BitLocker Recovery Key: can't find my bitlocker key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/495c738a-54c3-47b1-849a-c0380d64d9de
  6. How to get my bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my bitlocker recovery key: I could not able to start my computer it’s asking for bitlocker recovery key even after giving my key it’s showing error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/fe4956f1-192f-43c0-adcf-befdbe657c6c
  7. How to get my bitlocker recovery key

How to get my bitlocker recovery key: I could not able to start my computer it’s asking for bitlocker recovery key even after giving my key it’s showing error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/fe4956f1-192f-43c0-adcf-befdbe657c6c
  8. Can not get my BitLocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not get my BitLocker recovery key: When going to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey to get the BitLocker recovery keys of my device, I get an error saying:"Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page may help, or try again in a little while. TraceId:...
  9. Getting my BitLocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting my BitLocker Recovery Key: I was asked for my BitLocker Recovery Key. Unfortunately, the recovery key was never uploaded into my Microsoft Account, and the IT technician who install my Windows did not give the recovery key to me and got it lost. How to obtain my BitLocker Recovery Key when all of...
  10. Can't find my BitLocker Recovery Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find my BitLocker Recovery Keys: My computer has been booting up to a black screen and cursor. I can get into the diagnostic area but can't boot into safe mode. The diagnostic area sends me to a link to get BitLocker Recovery keys. I get there and the page says there are no recovery keys. I've called...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker not recognizing usb drive

2. cant enter recovery key ID not recognizing letters