Windows 10: BitLocker is not recognizing my key

Discus and support BitLocker is not recognizing my key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HP Probook 4530s laptop Microsoft Windows 10 professional BitLocker installed but printed key is not recognized... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BarbaraElkins1, Feb 21, 2019.

1. BitLocker is not recognizing my key

HP Probook 4530s laptop

Microsoft Windows 10 professional

BitLocker installed but printed key is not recognized

:)

BarbaraElkins1, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Bitlocker Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It is good that you know the Bitlocker key to properly get into the computer. To help you turn off the Bitlocker key, you can follow the steps below:

Please make sure you are signed as the Administrator of the computer.

To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.

• A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click
      Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, Feb 21, 2019
  4. BitLocker is not recognizing my key

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

BitLocker is not recognizing my key

1. BitLocker is not recognizing my key - Similar Threads - BitLocker recognizing key

2. My Bitlocker is not recognizing my Key and is stuck in a loop, help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bitlocker is not recognizing my Key and is stuck in a loop, help?: So randomly my Asus laptop went into a Bitlocker recovery mode and it would be fine since I have the key and all, but even after inputting the key multiples of times it just says that I’d need to restart my computer only for it to go into Bitlocker again, its quite annoying...
  3. My Bitlocker is not recognizing my Key and is stuck in a loop, help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bitlocker is not recognizing my Key and is stuck in a loop, help?: So randomly my Asus laptop went into a Bitlocker recovery mode and it would be fine since I have the key and all, but even after inputting the key multiples of times it just says that I’d need to restart my computer only for it to go into Bitlocker again, its quite annoying...
  4. Bitlocker key not in my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker key not in my account.: So, this is now the third laptop that Microsoft has bricked by installing/activating something without my permission. The first couple were old laptops, and were locked up because of a forced install of a newer version of Windows. This laptop was barely a year old. It has,...
  5. Bitlocker key not in my account.

Bitlocker key not in my account.: So, this is now the third laptop that Microsoft has bricked by installing/activating something without my permission. The first couple were old laptops, and were locked up because of a forced install of a newer version of Windows. This laptop was barely a year old. It has,...
  6. BitLocker won't recognize the correct key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker won't recognize the correct key: I am trying to access my harddrive which is locked by BitLocker. I have the 48 digit pass code that correspond to the key ID shown in the prompt, but when typed in it say that the code doesn't fit the key please disregard my inconsistent use of the terms key and pass code in...
  7. BitLocker won't recognize the correct key

BitLocker won't recognize the correct key: I am trying to access my harddrive which is locked by BitLocker. I have the 48 digit pass code that correspond to the key ID shown in the prompt, but when typed in it say that the code doesn't fit the key please disregard my inconsistent use of the terms key and pass code in...
  8. BitLocker won't recognize the correct key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Lost my Bitlocker Key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost my Bitlocker Key: Please Help!!! I lost my Key to unlock Bitlocker. Sb can help me, a lot of my important data in this disk. Tks u https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-bitlocker-key/90459979-4f15-4789-b710-25cab6bd2c1d
  10. Where is my Bitlocker key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where is my Bitlocker key?: Windows Update trashed my computer. Now all it does is bluescreen instead of starting. In the WinRE, I try to do a safe mode start and it DEMANDS my Bitlocker key. I don't have one. I never set up Bitlocker on this computer in the first place. It directs me to a web site to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker key is not recognizing

2. computer not recognizing bitlocker key