Windows 10: Bitlocker is not updated to OneDrive after reinstallation of Windows

Discus and support Bitlocker is not updated to OneDrive after reinstallation of Windows in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I bought a laptop on 28th Jan 2020 but I reinstalled a new Windows on 30th Jan 2020 because of software incompatible issue On 8th March 2020, my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by YinWai Seong, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Bitlocker is not updated to OneDrive after reinstallation of Windows

I bought a laptop on 28th Jan 2020 but I reinstalled a new Windows on 30th Jan 2020 because of software incompatible issue

On 8th March 2020, my laptop failed to boot after a firmware update, it request me for BitLocker Recovery Key. I had never done any manual backup before. I was hoping to have a chance to retrieve the key from OneDrive but what frustrated me is the BitLocker Recovery Key was updated on 28/1/2020, which means that the BitLocker Recovery Key was not backup automatically after I reinstalled Windows on 30/1/2020.

I don't think I have a high chance to recover my data on laptop, both partitions are now locked.

I don't know Microsoft can activate this Bitlocker without the permission from me, and they did not remind us to backup the recovery key else where. I think Microsoft should do something on this !!!

:)

YinWai Seong, Mar 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 8, 2020
  3. REINSTALL ONEDRIVE

Try these steps out and let me know how it goes:

• Right-click Start button, choose Run
    • Type appwiz.cpl and click OK
    • Find "Microsoft OneDrive" in the list and uninstall it
    • Restart your computer
    • Go to the
      OneDrive Download Page here
      and click the "need to reinstall?" link on the page to get the new installer
    • Let me know if the installer has any trouble this time

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 8, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Bitlocker is not updated to OneDrive after reinstallation of Windows

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Bitlocker is not updated to OneDrive after reinstallation of Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker is not updated to OneDrive after reinstallation of Windows

1. Bitlocker is not updated to OneDrive after reinstallation of Windows - Similar Threads - Bitlocker updated OneDrive

2. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  3. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  4. Bitlocker encryption and windows reinstallation

Bitlocker encryption and windows reinstallation: Hi!I have a laptop with a 1TB HDD. I updated my OS from windows 10 Home to Pro retail, bound to my Microsoft account. I then encrypted my drive using Bitlocker. My question is, if I replace my device's HDD with an SSD internal drive and use my Windows 10 pro key to install...
  5. Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue: I am trying to reinstall Windows due to being locked out by Bitlocker. I am using at the recovery tool on a USB Drive. During setup it says that no drive could be found to install to. What is my next step?...
  6. Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue: I am trying to reinstall Windows due to being locked out by Bitlocker. I am using at the recovery tool on a USB Drive. During setup it says that no drive could be found to install to. What is my next step?...
  7. Bitlocker Key is not updated in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Key is not updated in OneDrive: I have tried to retrieve my bitlocker recovery key through several methods:1 Going to OneDrive and look for the bitlocker recovery key under my device name.2 Using cmd with command manage-bde -protectors C: -get3 Going to Control Panel > System and Security > Device...
  8. After reinstalling, OneDrive will not launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After reinstalling, OneDrive will not launch: I tried to download and reinstall it again but it didn’t help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-reinstalling-onedrive-will-not-launch/52b8e84f-e361-44ef-9346-fb2506dbff9d
  9. Reinstalling OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstalling OneDrive: Have experienced a syncing problem so tried to reinstall OneDrive but got error code 0x80040c82, retried a few times but with the same message - any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-onedrive/fea40e59-89b0-4501-8bac-e7ab4d543397"
  10. REINSTALLING ONEDRIVE

REINSTALLING ONEDRIVE: About every 3 weeks, my OneDrive app disappears. In the past, a MS tech has remotely solved the problem by using appwiz.cpl to uninstall OneDrive, then reinstall went smoothly. Now, I cannot uninstall OneDrive no matter what method I use....