Windows 10: Bitlocker issue on PC without TPM module

Discus and support Bitlocker issue on PC without TPM module in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; recently upgraded from Window 10 home (HP OEM ) to Pro on a desktop. tried turning on Bitlocker for the first time on C: and saved the recovery key on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by venkysandra, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Bitlocker issue on PC without TPM module

recently upgraded from Window 10 home (HP OEM ) to Pro on a desktop. tried turning on Bitlocker for the first time on C: and saved the recovery key on a seperate USB and on microsoft account. choose full disk encryption and rebooted the system for the first time. realized, this desktop doesn't have a TPM module and asked for the recovery key from any USB. tried choosing the USB and nothing happened. tried advance options > command prompt and tried to unlock the drive using the recovery key copied on the USB drive doesn't work and unable to get into the system. Please advise how to unlock the drive and login into the OS.

:)

venkysandra, Oct 27, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Bitlocker and Trusted Platform Module problems

We appreciate the screenshot you sent.

This issue usually occurs because the Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
    uses the manufacturer driver and not the Windows built-in Trusted Platform Module driver.

To resolve this, you can manually uninstall and reinstall Trusted Platform Module. To do so, see the steps below:

• Open Device Manager on the device on which you are experiencing the issue
    • Uninstall the Trusted Platform Module driver.

Give us an update after following the troubleshooting steps provided.

John Sarc, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Bitlocker in Windows 10 without TPM

Hi,

I have upgraded my OE Windows 10 Home to Windows Pro. I was hoping to use Bitlocker. As my system does not have a Trusted Platform Module (TPM), can I configure my computer to enable Bitlocker without a TPM, not use a USB
    and just use a password?

Alternatively - when I spoke to Microsoft they suggested that I get a TPM chip fitted to my computer? Is that possible? I have have a HP 251 - 108a Desktop.

thanks in advance

SydneyJohn, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Bitlocker issue on PC without TPM module

FingerPrint With TPM and Bitlocker

I want to use fingerprint as bitlocker/TPM's password/PIN. Please Guide me step by step

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

ManjeetDhariwal, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker issue on PC without TPM module

1. Bitlocker issue on PC without TPM module - Similar Threads - Bitlocker issue without

2. Query related to using BitLocker and TPM on PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Query related to using BitLocker and TPM on PC: Questions about bit-locker and TPM-security for latest windows 10 version 1909 and up or lower. I’m looking on the web some answer confuse more then it resolves anything. and i want something to easely fall back for myself and other people 1 Do you require to clear...
  3. Bitlocker and TPM-Security

Bitlocker and TPM-Security: Questions about bit-locker and TPM-security for latest windows 10 version 1909 and up or lower. I’m looking on the web some answer confuse more then it resolves anything. and i want something to easely fall back for myself and other people 1 Do you require to clear...
  4. trusted platform module (tpm)

trusted platform module (tpm): windows defender is showing error msgunder security processor troubleshooting can't get tpm information please contact your system contact you device manufacturer. please help me on this . I am unable to use tpm functions in tpm.msc module. how to get it back....
  5. Bitlocker with TPM

Bitlocker with TPM: Hi , I,m not sure if this is the right place to post this . Anyway , My query is about encryption on win10 pro . Previously I had a laptop with no TPM so I had to us the group policy editor to allow encryption to work , fine ,all was working and I had to type a password...
  6. BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM)

BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM): I've recently installed bitlocker on my computer. Although windows says my C: drive is encrypted; I am not asked for my decryption password when i boot the computer. I get put straight into the login screen. I've done the necessary steps to enable bitlocker without TPM but...
  7. TPM Trusted Platform Module Issue

TPM Trusted Platform Module Issue: After updating to windows 10 version 1803 this comes up after I log in. A configuration change was requested to clean this computers TPM( trusted platform module). Warning clearing erases information started on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access data...
  8. Bitlocker (without TPM) password login replaced by orange stripes

Bitlocker (without TPM) password login replaced by orange stripes: I'm having a problem that the Bitlocker password screen which appears when I switch on has been replaced by a pattern of vertical orange/ brown stripes. [img] The main laptop I use day-to-day has been running Windows 8/8.1 Pro since not long after Win8 was released- I...
  9. Bitlocker without TPM help

Bitlocker without TPM help: Hi all, I've been having a bit of trouble trying to get Bitlocker working on my Dad's laptop. He recently bought a new laptop with Win 7 pro and I upgraded it to Win 10. It all went smoothly except now when I'm trying to get Bitlocker to encrypt his drive. It has an ssd...
  10. Trusted Platform Module (TPM)

in Windows 10 Support
    Trusted Platform Module (TPM): I just installed windows 10-1511 on my pc en it works perfect.Verry happy with it. But soon there will be come the anniversary update of windows 10.My motherboard supports TPM 1.0 but not TPM 2.0. For the anniversary update you need TPM 2.0.Does this mean that my computer...