Windows 10: Bitlocker issues while Dual Booting

Discus and support Bitlocker issues while Dual Booting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Linux dual booted with windows10 in my laptop, everytime I try to open windows, Bitlocker shows up, and I have to enter a big long password to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rohit prasad 000, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Bitlocker issues while Dual Booting

I have Linux dual booted with windows10 in my laptop, everytime I try to open windows, Bitlocker shows up, and I have to enter a big long password to open windows, So, I tried to disable bitlocker, I have 5 partitions, I successfully disabled bitlocker for 3 partitions
    these 3 partition are accessible in windows , 4th partition is where Linux is and the 5th partition is Windows(OS),

The bitlocker for partition in which OS resides cannot be disabled unless bitlocker for all external drives are first disabled,

I have not used bitlocker to encrypt external drives leading me to conclude, that my 4th partition( the Linux drive ) is encrypted by bitlocker, Is there a way to disable bitlocker for this drive ? If bitlocker is active for my Linux drive how am I able to access it without entering the big password? Is there an auto-unlock feature for OS drive?

:)

rohit prasad 000, Dec 17, 2018

2. Can I use Bitlocker with Dual-Boot setup?

Thanks, I just learned to install Windows first and then encrypt with Bitlocker and then create a separate partition for Linux within Windows. I got the full procedure here in case somebody has the same question

https://www.ctrl.blog/entry/dual-boot-bitlocker-device

✨Fancy Rat✨, Dec 17, 2018
  3. rbell Win User
    Dual Booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 with Bitlocker Enabled

I took the following steps to create a dual boot setup on my SurfaceBook with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04

1) Installed Windows 10

2) Suspended Bitlocker

3) Installed Ubuntu 18.04 from a USB bootable thumbdrive alongside Windows 10. This completed successfully and I restarted.

4) Presented with GRUB screen to choose OS and chose to enter Windows10 (worked this one time) which automatically re-enabled Bitlocker.

5) Restarted which presents the GRUB screen, I selected Windows10 and was presented with the Bitlocker recovery screen

6) Entered my recovery code and clicked the restart button

7) Shown GRUB screen and picked Windows10 again

8) Presented with Bitlocker recovery screen ....

9) This loop continues indefinitely

I am stuck entering the 48-digit Bitlocker recovery code indefinitely, never making it through to Windows. I tried using the Windows command prompt to enter 'manage-bde -unlock <48 digit code>', but when I run 'manage-bde -status', the encrypted windows volume is not even listed as an option. It does not see the Windows partition at all.

I can enter and use Ubuntu with no issue. Had I disabled Bitlocker, there would be no issue. It's the Bitlocker part that's causing me all the headache.

What are the proper steps to get this dual boot working with Bitlocker?

rbell, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Bitlocker issues while Dual Booting

Dual boot on Vista will be complicated

Or possibly.... mac switchers.....*Roll Eyes Bitlocker issues while Dual Booting :rolleyes: it bitlocker cant be bypassed, bye bye apple dual boot?

GG microsoft. screw yourselves more.

Dippyskoodlez, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker issues while Dual Booting

1. Bitlocker issues while Dual Booting - Similar Threads - Bitlocker issues while

2. Bitlocker fails with dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker fails with dual boot: I want the following final dual boot:1. Physical drive 1, no bitlocker, Windows 102. Physical drive 2, bitlocker, Windows 10My machine is an HP z840 with TPM 2, enabledAfter I install windows on the second drive, dual boot works perfectly. If I turn on bitlocker on the second...
  3. Bitlocker fails with dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker fails with dual boot: I want the following final dual boot:1. Physical drive 1, no bitlocker, Windows 102. Physical drive 2, bitlocker, Windows 10My machine is an HP z840 with TPM 2, enabledAfter I install windows on the second drive, dual boot works perfectly. If I turn on bitlocker on the second...
  4. Bitlocker fails with dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker installed with a dual boot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker installed with a dual boot.: Hi everyone,I have recently made my laptop a dual bootable commuter. Having windows 10 as default on it already, I installed Ubuntu.But after I did the install both my hard drive HDD & solid state drive SSD now are Bitlocker encrypted. I have never heard about "Bitlocker"...
  6. Bitlocker, VBS and Dual Boot.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker, VBS and Dual Boot.: Hello. I have some questions regarding the topics of bitlocker, virtualization based security and dual boot. The situation is that I need to learn Linux administration for a project, so far I have used Hyper-V to learn the ropes and now I need to install a full linux...
  7. Dual-boot with Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual-boot with Bitlocker?: I have a ThinkPad T60 with Windows XP and Windows 10 dual-booted on it, using the regular Windows 10 boot manager. If I try to encrypt the drive will it mess my installations up? Will it encrypt both the XP and 10 partitions or just the 10 partition? submitted by...
  8. Dual Boot Issue

Dual Boot Issue: Hello there, I am having a issue with dual boot in my laptop.I have Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10 installed in my system.However,as the laptop starts system boots directly to Windows 10 without showing Grub Menu.Hence I cannot boot to Ubuntu anymore.I tried...
  9. Dual booting issue

Dual booting issue: I installed two OS on my PC: Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10. Ubuntu runs as a default and Windows 10 as a second OS. I prefer Ubuntu and always use it but occasionally I need some apps that work on Windows 10. I used to select the OS during the boot up process. But I had some...
  10. Dual Boot Issues

Dual Boot Issues: I'm in a Networking Class and my Teacher had the wonderful idea of dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10 Pro. Things were okay until last night when I booted my machine I'm stuck in the grub rescue. Now at some point I didn't actually uninstall Linux but deleted the partition. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker not working dual boot

2. dual boot starting from bitlocker disk

3. dual boot bitlocker

4. dual boot not working with bitlocker,
  5. bitlocker and dual boot problem