Windows 10: Bitlocker issues

Discus and support Bitlocker issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there anyone who has some advice regarding Bitlocker encryption of external hard drives please? Windows 10 Pro used to have no issue in full disk... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nchkdat, Nov 4, 2020.

1. nchkdat Win User

Bitlocker issues

Is there anyone who has some advice regarding Bitlocker encryption of external hard drives please? Windows 10 Pro used to have no issue in full disk encryption but now since what I can only guess is down to a recent update, the Bitlocker to Go only seems to offer encryption on USB Flash Drives? Have tried lots of different devices... Am I missing a check box somewhere please?

Thanks in advance :

:)

nchkdat, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    BitLocker permanent loop

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Are you connected to Domain?

• Are you using Windows 10 pro?

I suggest you to follow the steps given in the article below and check if it helps.

BitLocker Troubleshooting: Continuous reboot loop with BitLocker recovery on a slate device - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Bitlocker issues

why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker issues

1. Bitlocker issues - Similar Threads - Bitlocker issues

2. Hello! I am having issue with my laptop to recover bitlocker key. Its showing TraceID:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello! I am having issue with my laptop to recover bitlocker key. Its showing TraceID:...: I am unable to use my laptop. Its a new laptop. Its not even month, i have bought it. I have already raised complain about it. My case number is 7036938661. I unable to get bitlocker recovery key. Its showing same error from past 7-8 hours with trace ID:GH1e+vVvdkiTpkTL.6.74....
  3. Hello! I am having issue with my laptop to recover bitlocker key. Its showing TraceID:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello! I am having issue with my laptop to recover bitlocker key. Its showing TraceID:...: I am unable to use my laptop. Its a new laptop. Its not even month, i have bought it. I have already raised complain about it. My case number is 7036938661. I unable to get bitlocker recovery key. Its showing same error from past 7-8 hours with trace ID:GH1e+vVvdkiTpkTL.6.74....
  4. Bitlocker key recovery issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key recovery issue: Microsoft ID - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, I am not able to find my bitlocker key in microsoft account as per snap, kindly resolve issue on top most priority and revert....
  5. Bitlocker key recovery issue

Bitlocker key recovery issue: Microsoft ID - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, I am not able to find my bitlocker key in microsoft account as per snap, kindly resolve issue on top most priority and revert....
  6. BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition: Long story short - we ran into the BitLocker issue recently and found out that the Microsoft recovery website has been down for more than 3 months. Currently Microsoft only has live chat available and it’s mission impossible to get to someone to assist. There are always 50+...
  7. BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition

BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition: Long story short - we ran into the BitLocker issue recently and found out that the Microsoft recovery website has been down for more than 3 months. Currently Microsoft only has live chat available and it’s mission impossible to get to someone to assist. There are always 50+...
  8. Thanks Microsoft! .... KB5034441 - Bitlocker issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Thanks Microsoft! .... KB5034441 - Bitlocker issue: Hi All,By now i am sure there are many of you out there who have fallen trap to Microsoft's faulty windows update KB5034441 not installing or downloading with the error 0x80070643! Its been sitting in my windows 10 pro for workstation updates on A Dell Precision 5760 so i...
  9. Thanks Microsoft! .... KB5034441 - Bitlocker issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thanks Microsoft! .... KB5034441 - Bitlocker issue: Hi All,By now i am sure there are many of you out there who have fallen trap to Microsoft's faulty windows update KB5034441 not installing or downloading with the error 0x80070643! Its been sitting in my windows 10 pro for workstation updates on A Dell Precision 5760 so i...
  10. Thanks Microsoft! .... KB5034441 - Bitlocker issue