Windows 10: Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC

Discus and support Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Hope you're doing well. I just finished building a new PC, and i wanted to protect the disks with Bitlocker. So I went and bought... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Max Griner, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC

Hi everyone,

Hope you're doing well.

I just finished building a new PC, and i wanted to protect the disks with Bitlocker. So I went and bought Windows Pro, as my current Home didnt have bitlocker.

However, every single time (i have installed windows more than 15 times the last 2 days) once I enable bitlocker, Windows asks me to restart so that it can start to encrypt the drive. This, however, leads to endless disk repair runs, and if I finally get to the advanced possibilities, and fetch a command prompt, all of a sudden windows is located on X: instead of C: where i installed it.

I must be doing something wrong. I just cant figure it out. Im slowly but surely going insane in trying to figure this out.

EDIT: I have tried to make a new install media with English (instead of danish), on a different usb, it again installs fine, but outcome with Bitlocker is exactly the same. I have also tried with "secure boot" both enabled and disabled in bios.

as it can likely be a lot of things, i will document here what I am doing in Bios etc.:

MSI X570 bios version: 1.53
    Ryzen 5600x
    2x m2 samsung 980 pro disks

TPM enabled:

Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC [​IMG]

UEFI Mode:

install and patch windows 10 pro to newest version (20H2 all patches):

TPM Module available in windows:

Bitlocker enabling:

Then goes directly into disk analysis and repair loop: (sorry for danish)

Then after a while i can get into advanced mode and get a CMD, where i can see windows is suddenly on X:

:)

Max Griner, Jan 29, 2021

2. Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC

Hi everyone,

Hope you're doing well.

I just finished building a new PC, and i wanted to protect the disks with Bitlocker. So I went and bought Windows Pro, as my current Home didnt have bitlocker.

However, every single time (i have installed windows more than 15 times the last 2 days) once I enable bitlocker, Windows asks me to restart so that it can start to encrypt the drive. This, however, leads to endless disk repair runs, and if I finally get to the advanced possibilities, and fetch a command prompt, all of a sudden windows is located on X: instead of C: where i installed it.

I must be doing something wrong. I just cant figure it out. Im slowly but surely going insane in trying to figure this out.

EDIT: I have tried to make a new install media with English (instead of danish), on a different usb, it again installs fine, but outcome with Bitlocker is exactly the same. I have also tried with "secure boot" both enabled and disabled in bios.

as it can likely be a lot of things, i will document here what I am doing in Bios etc.:

MSI X570 bios version: 1.53
    Ryzen 5600x
    2x m2 samsung 980 pro disks

TPM enabled:

UEFI Mode:

install and patch windows 10 pro to newest version (20H2 all patches):

TPM Module available in windows:

Bitlocker enabling:

Then goes directly into disk analysis and repair loop: (sorry for danish)

Then after a while i can get into advanced mode and get a CMD, where i can see windows is suddenly on X:

Max Griner, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Bitlocker is blocked my PC

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the system is locked with Bitlocker. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Were you using the BitLocker before?
    • Is anybody else using your PC other than you, if so then you can check if they have set any for reference?
    I suggest you to provide us the screenshot of the issue you are facing
    in order to understand the issue better.

Refer:
    How to include a screenshot in your post

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC

recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC

1. Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC - Similar Threads - Bitlocker keeps crashing

2. My PC keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps crashing!: For the past week or more, I've randomly been getting Windows crashes. I currently use Windows 11 Insider Preview.Device info: Device name ZKC-SHADEProcessor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 3.80 GHzInstalled RAM 32.0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  3. my pc keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keeps crashing: hello, im running windows 11 and ever since i got my pc a year ago my pc keeps crashing on random games. usually my pc turns off then turns on again but rarely i get a bsod. ive tried everything ive cleared my drivers using ddu so many times since everybody thinks thats the...
  4. My PC keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keeps crashing: I'd just like to say thank you in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this issue.So basically I've had this PC for about 2 years and after playing it for a few days at a time it gets borderline unplayable due to BSOS's, game crashes, and random system restarts. This...
  5. My PC keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps crashing: My PC keeps crashing for no reason. I think it's because of the memory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-crashing/a42e30d8-862f-46c4-bb5b-c5b3eb3f871e
  6. My PC keeps on Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps on Crashing: Hello,I built a new PC and it crashes all the time and i dont know why. It mostly happens when i try to Start a game.My Components are:CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x NEWMainboard: MS Mag B550 Tomahawk Bought UsedGPU: ASUS Strix Gaming 2070 Super Advanced Bought UsedRAM: Corsair Vengeance...
  7. My PC keeps on Crashing

My PC keeps on Crashing: Hello,I built a new PC and it crashes all the time and i dont know why. It mostly happens when i try to Start a game.My Components are:CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x NEWMainboard: MS Mag B550 Tomahawk Bought UsedGPU: ASUS Strix Gaming 2070 Super Advanced Bought UsedRAM: Corsair Vengeance...
  8. My pc keeps crashing.

My pc keeps crashing.: My pc has been crashing for a while and im not really sure how to handle stuff like this. i updated all my drivers and i checked event viewer. i keep getting a bugcheck error.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0xfffff80180c08100,...
  9. My pc keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps crashing: Hello, my pc keeps crashing. It usually happens when I close a game, about 3-10 minutes after. I often watch youtube about this time, and that is when it crashes. When the pc crashes both my monitors just turn off and I can't do anything but pull the power cable. Sometimes...
  10. Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC: Hi everyone, Hope you're doing well. I just finished building a new PC, and i wanted to protect the disks with Bitlocker. So I went and bought Windows Pro, as my current Home didnt have bitlocker. However, every single time (i have installed windows more than 15 times the...