Windows 10: bitlocker key and password is missing

Discus and support bitlocker key and password is missing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I had locked one of my drives using bitlocker. Then i formatted my PC, so now i don't have password and recovery key to open my drive. I do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnkushBahale, Aug 13, 2019.

1. bitlocker key and password is missing

Hi,

I had locked one of my drives using bitlocker.

Then i formatted my PC, so now i don't have password and recovery key to open my drive.

I do have key protectors Password id and numeric password.

Can you provide me recovery key from that??

or else how should i unlock my drive??

:)

AnkushBahale, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Aug 13, 2019
  3. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

bitlocker key and password is missing

changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

bitlocker key and password is missing

1. bitlocker key and password is missing - Similar Threads - bitlocker key password

2. Bitlocker key missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key missing: Dear sir,I have installed windows 11 Edu in my laptop. I was missed my bitlocker key. so the drive not opened. what can i do? and i have search my all account to recover bitlocker key no account associated with device. kindly help what we do....
  3. Bitlocker key missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key missing: Dear sir,I have installed windows 11 Edu in my laptop. I was missed my bitlocker key. so the drive not opened. what can i do? and i have search my all account to recover bitlocker key no account associated with device. kindly help what we do....
  4. BitLocker Recovery Key Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery Key Missing: I'm trying to move files over from an SSD to a new computer. I've installed the old SSD directly into the new device in a secondary SSD slot, but the drive is locked and requires a BitLocker Recovery Key to be opened. My Microsoft account shows four bitlocker recovery keys,...
  5. BitLocker Recovery key missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Recovery key missing: My Laptop's C drive is BitLocked. I couldn't find my recovery key on my Microsoft account, although I see the Device. I NEVER EVER heard about the BitLocker. And I was never asked or alerted about the presence of such a monster. I was never emailed this key, or heard about it...
  6. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing: Hello,I set up bitlocker a long time a go on a secondary laptop and subsequently lost the password. I apparently did not set up a recovery key to my microsoft account. I cannot figure out how to access the computer now given I cannot get past bitlocker. I am trying to restore...
  7. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing: Hello,I set up bitlocker a long time a go on a secondary laptop and subsequently lost the password. I apparently did not set up a recovery key to my microsoft account. I cannot figure out how to access the computer now given I cannot get past bitlocker. I am trying to restore...
  8. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. BitLocker Recovery key Missing

BitLocker Recovery key Missing: Hi All,i am unable to find the BitLocker Recovery key in my Microsoft Account and i need it badly lots of data on my C: drive.What else can i do, the machine is now useless as i can't access it.** Issue started when the machine just kept restarting but itself over and over...
  10. BitLocker Key Missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Key Missing: In January 2020 I bought an unboxed "floor model" HP Envy x360 at Best Buy lesson learned the hard way!. In May 2020 a screen appeared asking for my BitLocker Key. I had no idea what that was. After several failed efforts to find it, I bought a new computer just like it. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker is missing windows 10