Windows 10: bitlocker key and password is missing

Discus and support bitlocker key and password is missing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I had locked one of my drives using bitlocker. Then i formatted my PC, so now i don't have password and recovery key to open my drive. I do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnkushBahale, Aug 13, 2019.

1. bitlocker key and password is missing

Hi,

I had locked one of my drives using bitlocker.

Then i formatted my PC, so now i don't have password and recovery key to open my drive.

I do have key protectors Password id and numeric password.

Can you provide me recovery key from that??

or else how should i unlock my drive??

:)

AnkushBahale, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Aug 13, 2019
  3. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

bitlocker key and password is missing

changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

bitlocker key and password is missing

1. bitlocker key and password is missing - Similar Threads - bitlocker key password

2. bitlocker password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker password?: I am running the latest update of Win 10 Enterprise on an i7 laptop. I turned on Bitlocker and followed the prompts. At no time was I presented with a dialogue to enter a password. The harddrive was encrypted and the system shows bitlocker is on, but when restarting the...
  3. Bitlocker key and password recovery

Bitlocker key and password recovery: Hi, i have a drive that is locked but i do not have the 48 key password. i only have the 32 key identification key. how do i unlock my drive with this?...
  4. bitlock password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    bitlock password: my daughter passed away 3 months ago i am getting round to sorting out her stuff . i have come across her hp laptop and was wondering how to open it . bitlock password comes up . should i just forget it or is there an other option thanks for help if u can M. JACKSON....
  5. Bitlocker key

Bitlocker key: In simple English can someone tell me what happens if I delete bitlocker codes from within my Ms account? Does the computer lose ANY functionality? Thanks David in Australia...
  6. bitlocker key

bitlocker key: i need a bitlocker key to access my lenovo laptop but i've never had one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key/be3a2983-e3eb-47bc-941e-3971bdf90b70"
  7. BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password

BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password: A friend using Win 10 Pro emailed me saying "I’ve managed to lock myself out of my data drive having encrypted it with bit locker. Now it does not recognise my password and will not let me type in the Recovery key (cannot get letters to type in)". He has a C drive for OS...
  8. Forgot bitlocker password

Forgot bitlocker password: I have a pendrive which contains an important data .I turned on the bitlocker,but forgot the password ,here is the out put any help would be great [img] 63197
  9. Bitlocker doesnt allow to key in password

Bitlocker doesnt allow to key in password: hi buddy, I have my portable drive encrypted with bitlocker. However, everytime i connect with computer it doesnt appear a window to type in password to unlock rather than a recovery key. Unfortunately, I lost my receovery key so I can not solve this problem [img] 49276
  10. Forgot BitLocker Password

Forgot BitLocker Password: Hi everyone, I have BitLocker enabled for my custom built computer's main drive and forgot the password since I haven't used the computer for a month or so. I looked at a lot of possible ways to fix the problem, yet they don't apply. I don't have a backup recovery key on a...