Windows 10: Bitlocker key and password recovery

Discus and support Bitlocker key and password recovery in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, i have a drive that is locked but i do not have the 48 key password. i only have the 32 key identification key. how do i unlock my drive with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chie07, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Chie07 Win User

Bitlocker key and password recovery

Hi,

i have a drive that is locked but i do not have the 48 key password. i only have the 32 key identification key. how do i unlock my drive with this?

:)

Chie07, Aug 14, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Bitlocker key and password recovery

bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker key and password recovery

1. Bitlocker key and password recovery - Similar Threads - Bitlocker key password

2. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing: Hello,I set up bitlocker a long time a go on a secondary laptop and subsequently lost the password. I apparently did not set up a recovery key to my microsoft account. I cannot figure out how to access the computer now given I cannot get past bitlocker. I am trying to restore...
  3. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing: Hello,I set up bitlocker a long time a go on a secondary laptop and subsequently lost the password. I apparently did not set up a recovery key to my microsoft account. I cannot figure out how to access the computer now given I cannot get past bitlocker. I am trying to restore...
  4. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key: I've two of my drives BitLocker protected none of which are system drives though. Unfortunately, I've forgotten the BitLocker password and can't recall the recovery file location. Is there any way to unlock the protected drives? I can only use a system drive as storage and...
  6. Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key: I've two of my drives BitLocker protected none of which are system drives though. Unfortunately, I've forgotten the BitLocker password and can't recall the recovery file location. Is there any way to unlock the protected drives? I can only use a system drive as storage and...
  7. Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BitLocker Password or Recovery Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Password or Recovery Key: Dear All, FYI, one of our staff was accidently turn on the BitLocker Drive Encryption for Windows 10 Pro in his HP laptop for a quite some time. Last few, days the laptop's motherboard was faulty and we manage to get HP to replace the new motherboard. However, after replace...
  9. Forget Bitlocker Password and Lost Recovery Key

Forget Bitlocker Password and Lost Recovery Key: hi i have a surface pro 3 with windows 8 updated to win 10 now win 10 original I forgot Bitlocker Password and Lost Recovery Key but i have only recovery id microsoft can help me to regenerate recovery key or any solution to solve this problem ?...
  10. BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password

BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password: A friend using Win 10 Pro emailed me saying "I’ve managed to lock myself out of my data drive having encrypted it with bit locker. Now it does not recognise my password and will not let me type in the Recovery key (cannot get letters to type in)". He has a C drive for OS...