Windows 10: Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

Discus and support Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dennis Wenzel, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

:)

Dennis Wenzel, Mar 3, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

where to find bitlocker key?

The BitLocker key is in one of the three places that the program suggested to you:

• In a folder of your choice.
    • Jotted down on a piece of paper.
    • In your Microsoft account (if you have one).
    Which one did you select at the time of encryption?

Did you create a backup of your data?

Frederik Long, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

1. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account - Similar Threads - Bitlocker key found

2. Bitlocker Key not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key not Found: I cannot find the bitlocker key under the devices page under my online account. I don't have access to the computer that is encrypted and need the key to gain access. The computer is a company computer and is managed my a third party. I tried going to aka.ms/aadrecoverykey...
  3. Bitlocker Key not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Key not Found: I cannot find the bitlocker key under the devices page under my online account. I don't have access to the computer that is encrypted and need the key to gain access. The computer is a company computer and is managed my a third party. I tried going to aka.ms/aadrecoverykey...
  4. BitLocker Recovery Key is not found in Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery Key is not found in Microsoft account.: Hello,I have changed the motherboard of my Laptop, After that if we are trying to start it directly goes to the Bitlocker recovery key page. I don't know when it was enabled and even I don't remember of saving the key anywhere.I used my laptop for office purposes for 6months,...
  5. BitLocker Recovery Key is not found in Microsoft account.

BitLocker Recovery Key is not found in Microsoft account.: Hello,I have changed the motherboard of my Laptop, After that if we are trying to start it directly goes to the Bitlocker recovery key page. I don't know when it was enabled and even I don't remember of saving the key anywhere.I used my laptop for office purposes for 6months,...
  6. No BitLocker key found on my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No BitLocker key found on my account?: My Alienware laptop needed the motherboard replaced and after Dell did the repair the computer asked for a BitLocker recovery key. I had never even heard of BitLocker before so I followed the online instructions to get the key. I logged into the Microsoft account I used to...
  7. No BitLocker key found on my account?

No BitLocker key found on my account?: My Alienware laptop needed the motherboard replaced and after Dell did the repair the computer asked for a BitLocker recovery key. I had never even heard of BitLocker before so I followed the online instructions to get the key. I logged into the Microsoft account I used to...
  8. Bitlocker key not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key not found: Hello,I've using Windows 11 Home in my laptop. But about a month ago, it Bitlocked OMG.I've never do any encryption method that generates key etc.Also in my personal and school acc, there is no key.In CMD, "manage-bde- -protectors -disable C:" not working, showed "ERROR: The...
  9. Bitlocker key not found

Bitlocker key not found: Hello,I've using Windows 11 Home in my laptop. But about a month ago, it Bitlocked OMG.I've never do any encryption method that generates key etc.Also in my personal and school acc, there is no key.In CMD, "manage-bde- -protectors -disable C:" not working, showed "ERROR: The...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key cannot found in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker recovery key cannot found in Microsoft account: I saved the recovery key to cloud accounts,but I can’t find the recovery key. I have login two accounts,one is personal account @qq.com,another is school *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...