Windows 10: Bitlocker key doesn't match microsoft account

Discus and support Bitlocker key doesn't match microsoft account in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Community, I am having an issue accessing a local drive due to a bitlocker error. I had a brand new Dell G5 computer that was completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chrismedia_1328, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Bitlocker key doesn't match microsoft account

Hello Community,

I am having an issue accessing a local drive due to a bitlocker error. I had a brand new Dell G5 computer that was completely destroyed in an accident. I was able to successfully extract the intact hard drive of the computer from the wreckage and insert it into a sleeve. I've purchased a new dell and am now trying to access the files on the hard drive of my previous laptop.

The new computer reads the old drive as Local Disk D. When I attempt to open the drive, I am prompted to enter the 48 digit bitlocker recovery key for a particular key ID. When I access my Microsoft account, I am able to see both, the destroyed and new, laptops under devices. However, neither of the key ids matches the bitlocker prompt for the Local Disk D. Suffice it to say, the accompanying recovery keys don't work when trying to access the drive. I do not understand why the requested key id doesn't match any of the device ids on my account. Note: I never manually setup bitlocker encryption on my previous laptop. It is almost as if the sudden destruction of the hardware caused the Local Disk to encrypt itself.

The files on the drive are very important work files, so any help in accessing them would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Chrismedia_1328, Dec 20, 2020

2. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Dec 20, 2020
  3. SK97 Win User
    bitlocker recovery key not matching

hey,

actually the issue is not that, i have recovery key and the key id linked to my account. But during the time i need it for the recovery, it ask me a recovery key with different key id. So the key that i have is not matching with the key id that is been
    asked during the time of recovery. so please let me know how can i find the linked account by just key id.

4. BetoLP Win User

Bitlocker key doesn't match microsoft account

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Bitlocker key doesn't match microsoft account [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker key doesn't match microsoft account

1. Bitlocker key doesn't match microsoft account - Similar Threads - Bitlocker key doesn't

2. My bitlocker key didn't match

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My bitlocker key didn't match: I have a Lenovo pc .It's bitlocker key didn't match.What to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-key-didnt-match/392fb5a9-8904-464a-98e6-e94b45db85ca
  3. My bitlocker key didn't match

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bitlocker key didn't match: I have a Lenovo pc .It's bitlocker key didn't match.What to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-key-didnt-match/392fb5a9-8904-464a-98e6-e94b45db85ca
  4. No Bitlocker Key in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Bitlocker Key in Microsoft Account: Any advice on following please. Unable to access Lenovo Ideapad 5 laptop. Details:No key provided in microsoft accountTried command prompt no key but ID only Tried disabled securty boot only to rerurn to BitlockerUnable to reset pc in troubleshoot funtionPlease let me know if...
  5. What to do when Bitlocker key doesn't match

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when Bitlocker key doesn't match: Windows files are corrupted, can't start my computer. Bitlocker key doesn't match but I am sure it's correct, can't retrieve files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-when-bitlocker-key-doesnt-match/af35dedb-7140-4811-99ab-4f334a6f0ece
  6. What to do when Bitlocker key doesn't match

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do when Bitlocker key doesn't match: Windows files are corrupted, can't start my computer. Bitlocker key doesn't match but I am sure it's correct, can't retrieve files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-when-bitlocker-key-doesnt-match/af35dedb-7140-4811-99ab-4f334a6f0ece
  7. Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account: My Surface Pro 4 had the black screen of death and wouldn't start. I tried many many methods provided online but none worked.So I removed the SSD from it and put in my desktop.To access the data I need the bitlocker key. The account is connected to my Microsoft account, but...
  8. Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account: My Surface Pro 4 had the black screen of death and wouldn't start. I tried many many methods provided online but none worked.So I removed the SSD from it and put in my desktop.To access the data I need the bitlocker key. The account is connected to my Microsoft account, but...
  9. My recovery key for BitLocker doesn't match.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My recovery key for BitLocker doesn't match.: Hi,I have updated latest featurepossibly windows 11. And just after I have done the update.My screen became black out with only mouse point. And a couple of times trying BIOS set up, It is now Bitlocker got activated, it says ‘you need to enter recovery key because Secure...
  10. bitlocker recovery key not matching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bitlocker recovery key not matching: My recovery key is not matching with the recovery key id that i have, how can i check my linked account using my key id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-not-matching/086195a6-ec57-4de1-a2e7-01cf126b1a41