Windows 10: BitLocker Key Help

Discus and support BitLocker Key Help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My CPU is currently in data recovery and they are requesting my BitLocker Key. I cannot locate it on my Microsoft account. I do have the serial number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EddieIA, Nov 25, 2022.

1. EddieIA Win User

BitLocker Key Help

My CPU is currently in data recovery and they are requesting my BitLocker Key. I cannot locate it on my Microsoft account. I do have the serial number and proof of purchase. Can Microsoft help me locate the BitLocker Key to move forward with the data recovery process?

:)

EddieIA, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Nov 25, 2022
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 25, 2022
  4. BitLocker Key Help

Bitlocker Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It is good that you know the Bitlocker key to properly get into the computer. To help you turn off the Bitlocker key, you can follow the steps below:

Please make sure you are signed as the Administrator of the computer.

To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.

• A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click
      Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

BitLocker Key Help

1. BitLocker Key Help - Similar Threads - BitLocker Key Help

2. HELP ,BITLOCKER KEY PROBLEM!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP ,BITLOCKER KEY PROBLEM!: I can’t access my computer without my bitlocker key when I try to access my microsoft account to obtain the recovery key the page has an error with a melting popsicle ,”something happened.Wait a bit, then try again if the issue persists “...
  3. Bitlocker key help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key help: Hello, my laptop currently needs bitlocker key to go into my desktop, but when I try to go and find my bitlocker key it just keeps refreshing the page and says Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If the issue still persists contact us....
  4. Bitlocker key help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key help: Hello, my laptop currently needs bitlocker key to go into my desktop, but when I try to go and find my bitlocker key it just keeps refreshing the page and says Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If the issue still persists contact us....
  5. bitlocker key help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker key help!: how can i find the bitlocker key for my laptop? I have read everything I can find on it and I still cant get into it! how can i bypass it so I can use my laptop? Someone please help....
  6. bitlocker key help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker key help!: how can i find the bitlocker key for my laptop? I have read everything I can find on it and I still cant get into it! how can i bypass it so I can use my laptop? Someone please help....
  7. BitLocker Key Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Key Help: My CPU is currently in data recovery and they are requesting my BitLocker Key. I cannot locate it on my Microsoft account. I do have the serial number and proof of purchase. Can Microsoft help me locate the BitLocker Key to move forward with the data recovery process?...
  8. BitLocker Key Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Key Help: My CPU is currently in data recovery and they are requesting my BitLocker Key. I cannot locate it on my Microsoft account. I do have the serial number and proof of purchase. Can Microsoft help me locate the BitLocker Key to move forward with the data recovery process?...
  9. Bitlocker key request help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker key request help: Hello Team, Hope you can assist cause this came out of no where, one minute working fine and next requesting BitLocker key. Running Windows 10 on an Idea Pad loaded the blue BitLocker screen and is asking for the recovery Key it also offers the Key ID right below it but...
  10. BitLocker key protector management help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker key protector management help: Seeking BitLocker help: Win10 machine with TPM. OS drive was successfully encrypted with "TPM & PIN" additional key protection. Now I'm hoping to drop back to "just TPM" with no additional PIN protection without having to decrypt and re-encrypt. (note: the reason is so...