Windows 10: BitLocker Key ID - what is it used for?

Discus and support BitLocker Key ID - what is it used for? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is the BitLocker Key ID intended to beprinted in public view on each of my PCs so that I can easily look up theBitLocker Recovery Key which is a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IslanderBC, Jan 28, 2020.

1. BitLocker Key ID - what is it used for?

Is the BitLocker Key ID intended to beprinted in public view on each of my PCs so that I can easily look up theBitLocker Recovery Key which is a secret?

Thanks in advance.

:)

IslanderBC, Jan 28, 2020

2. Recover BitLocker key from Key ID

It doesn't work. The specific device I need to recover the key is not on the list, neither an option to retrieve the BitLocker code using its Key ID as the blue screen says.

VictorWirz, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jan 28, 2020
  4. BitLocker Key ID - what is it used for?

bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

BitLocker Key ID - what is it used for?

1. BitLocker Key ID - what is it used for? - Similar Threads - BitLocker Key used

2. Recovery ID BitLocker Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery ID BitLocker Key: Case Number 7029141858 Monday microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-id-bitlocker-key/0015cefd-c77c-4388-a521-39c140f88d41
  3. Bitlocker Key Recovery ID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Key Recovery ID: Hi Guys,I have problem with the bitlocker recovery key ID.how can I get the generate PIN bitlocker recovery key ID?1. I have recovery key ID = 061138BE3C7E4F638CD37F216888E2182. I dont have email personal to microsoft 3, my laptop is broken so really need my data but should...
  4. Bitlocker Key Recovery ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Key Recovery ID: Hi Guys,I have problem with the bitlocker recovery key ID.how can I get the generate PIN bitlocker recovery key ID?1. I have recovery key ID = 061138BE3C7E4F638CD37F216888E2182. I dont have email personal to microsoft 3, my laptop is broken so really need my data but should...
  5. Bitlocker recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key ID: Hello, My laptop had an update and when I powered it back on it is asking for my bitlocker recovery key. Having never enabled it myself I have no copy of the key. I contacted the manufacturer but they were not able to help and reported it had happened to quite a few people...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key ID: Hello, My laptop had an update and when I powered it back on it is asking for my bitlocker recovery key. Having never enabled it myself I have no copy of the key. I contacted the manufacturer but they were not able to help and reported it had happened to quite a few people...
  7. BitLocker Recovery Key and Key ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery Key and Key ID: I have found my BitLocker Key Number, but what I would like to know is, what is and how do I find the 8 digit Key ID Number. Example:Device Name, Key ID, Recovery Key etc....
  8. BitLocker Recovery Key and Key ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Recovery Key and Key ID: I have found my BitLocker Key Number, but what I would like to know is, what is and how do I find the 8 digit Key ID Number. Example:Device Name, Key ID, Recovery Key etc....
  9. Bitlocker key id

Bitlocker key id: I cant find my recovery key , i have tried with usb also but im not geeting anything what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key-id/4750782c-4af7-4740-a7da-42a1773a512a
  10. Bitlocker recovery key ID

Bitlocker recovery key ID: I changed my email address and had to wait 30 days to get my recovery keys. When i went into Microsoft to get the recovery key, the display showed a different key ID. I think j have more than one device with this email address. Hiw do i get the recovery key for the other...