Windows 10: Bitlocker key is incorrect after resetting laptop

Discus and support Bitlocker key is incorrect after resetting laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,Two days ago I reset my XPS 13 by wiping the drive and reinstalling windows 10. Now, when I turn on the laptop, it prompts me for my bitlocker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JacksonMann1, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Bitlocker key is incorrect after resetting laptop

Hello,Two days ago I reset my XPS 13 by wiping the drive and reinstalling windows 10. Now, when I turn on the laptop, it prompts me for my bitlocker recovery key. I went to my Microsoft account to find it but it is telling me that it is incorrect the Key ID does not match either. I have tried several fixes by changing settings in the BIOS but nothing has worked so far. What should I do?

:)

JacksonMann1, Jun 18, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jun 18, 2021
  3. BitLocker Key

My BitLocker recovery key for this laptop is not listed. Please help

Kathryn Adele, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Bitlocker key is incorrect after resetting laptop

Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker key is incorrect after resetting laptop

1. Bitlocker key is incorrect after resetting laptop - Similar Threads - Bitlocker key incorrect

2. bitlocker recovery key is showing incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker recovery key is showing incorrect: Dear sir, recently I used bitlocker code to unlock that folder but now its not working and also recovery key showing incorrect. and I got hint showing key ID EBA58332 and I am also using correct ID. I dont know why this showing incorrect please help me. Identifier:...
  3. Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key: My laptop has recently been stuck in a boot-loop where it keeps booting to the blue recovery menu probably because Windows is corrupted. I am unable to reset the computer as the drive is encrypted with bitlocker and I need a BitLocker Recovery Key. The problem is that I...
  4. Bitlocker key lost, laptop unexcesible.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker key lost, laptop unexcesible.: So i've lost access to my laptop and it's telling me I need my bitlocker key, on my microsoft profile it says 'not issued' so im wondering what I can do now? I work mostly in the cloud so losing that ain't that big of an issue but if it can be avoided that would be amazing....
  5. Laptop password incorrect after update

Laptop password incorrect after update: I chose the Update and Restart option on my computer. After the update was done, I entered my laptop password and it appeared to be incorrect. It is, however the right password. I saw on the Internet that it is a problem that occurs sometimes, but I did not find any working...
  6. Password Reset w/o Bitlocker Key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Reset w/o Bitlocker Key: One of our devices in the office that was used by a former employee, we cant find the password to log on to his PC. We tired to do a factory reset on the PC but it is asking for our Bitlocker key. When going to my Micro Acct we can see the device on our account but, it does...
  7. Asking for bitlocker key after switching on

Asking for bitlocker key after switching on: I have a Dell laptop which is about 4-5 MO this old and just got the motherboard changed, and after switching on, it is asking for bitlocker key. I have never set up a bitlocker recovery nor do I have a key. I logged into the Microsoft account to check and it said that my C...
  8. Incorrect BitLocker recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect BitLocker recovery: Hello! So my Lenovo Thinkpad had a faulty motherboard which I sent off to get it replaced and I have just got it back! All good, but it was asking for BitLocker recovery key- I followed the steps to get it and the key I had was invalid (the Laptop ID was the same but the Key...
  9. Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?: Hi All, OK, so I have a colleague who wanted to borrow a laptop to do some testing which I provided. After 30 odd minutes later he has said that he had to reimage the laptop and the machine was prompted him to enter in a recovery key. I provided him with a BitLocker...
  10. Bitlocker - The parameter is incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker - The parameter is incorrect: I have one data drive that is Bitlocker protected and it has always worked fine. Now it seems to unlock, but when I try to access the drive I get "The parameter is incorrect". The am running Windows 10 Pro 1607 14393.105. Does anyone have any suggestions before I pull out...