Windows 10: bitlocker key is not working after windows downgrading to lower version

Discus and support bitlocker key is not working after windows downgrading to lower version in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i have downgraded windows 10 pro 1909 to older window 10 pro 2015...but BitLocker key is not working now...how can i unlock BitLocker ? pls help... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NielSoni, Apr 20, 2020.

1. NielSoni Win User

bitlocker key is not working after windows downgrading to lower version

i have downgraded windows 10 pro 1909 to older window 10 pro 2015...but BitLocker key is not working now...how can i unlock BitLocker ? pls help me...thank you

:)

NielSoni, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Apr 20, 2020
  4. bitlocker key is not working after windows downgrading to lower version

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

bitlocker key is not working after windows downgrading to lower version

1. bitlocker key is not working after windows downgrading to lower version - Similar Threads - bitlocker key working

2. Bitlocker key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key not working: Hello MSOFT moderator, I have a problem. I bough my computer new but downgraded from Win 11 to 10. I did save the Bitlocker recovery ID after downgrade. 4 moths later now, I needed to use the recovery code to unlock bitlocker but it wont work. Please help...
  3. Bitlocker key not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker key not working: Hello MSOFT moderator, I have a problem. I bough my computer new but downgraded from Win 11 to 10. I did save the Bitlocker recovery ID after downgrade. 4 moths later now, I needed to use the recovery code to unlock bitlocker but it wont work. Please help...
  4. Bitlocker Key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Key not working: i have bit locker key, but when i enter the key, my machine says "Failed to unlock with this recovery Key. i have changed my machine from domain to workgroup after that my Recovery Key not working.,Please help on this issue....
  5. Bitlocker Key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key not working: i have bit locker key, but when i enter the key, my machine says "Failed to unlock with this recovery Key. i have changed my machine from domain to workgroup after that my Recovery Key not working.,Please help on this issue....
  6. Bitlocker Key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Downgrade Windows Version

Downgrade Windows Version: Hello, I am running Windows version 20H2 19042 and I want to downgrade to Windows version 18638 or 19H2. However, I cannot go to Settings > Recovery > Go Back to the Previous Version because it has been more than 10 days since the last update. Can someone help me downgrade?...
  8. Windows version downgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows version downgrade: Good morning people, Windows 10 is a good OS. But recently, the 2004 build version have made some of old computer like mine run slowly and lagging all the time. Is there someway to downgrade to the older build version because my laptop work well in the 1709 build version : I...
  9. "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?

"Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?: Assume I created a SRP on a Win10 v1803 system. Later I was upgraded by automatic updates to Win10 v1903, Then after some problems in the following weeks I decided to do a System restore to the SRP I created in the past. Is this possible? Or are (in general) only SRP...
  10. "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?: Assume I created a SRP on a Win10 v1803 system. Later I was upgraded by automatic updates to Win10 v1903, Then after some problems in the following weeks I decided to do a System restore to the SRP I created in the past. Is this possible? Or are (in general) only SRP...