Windows 10: Bitlocker Key mismatch

Discus and support Bitlocker Key mismatch in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 3576 with Microsoft Windows 10 built-in Due to a technical issue my motherboard had to be replaced. After the replacement when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Namit94, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Namit94 Win User

Bitlocker Key mismatch

I have a Dell Inspiron 3576 with Microsoft Windows 10 built-in

Due to a technical issue my motherboard had to be replaced. After the replacement when trying to boot the system it prompted me to insert the Bitlocker Recovery key. Surprised by the fact that we didn't perpetually enable the bitlocker functionality we asked Dell to help us with that.

The Dell support team guided us to the microsoft account page where we logged in with the outlook account to recover the BitLocker key.

The dell laptop showed up as we had initially had used the outlook account to sign-in to Windows 10 before switching to local user account.

We proceeded to use the Bitlocker key but surprisingly didn't work for us. Next we tried to match the Recovery Key to the one shown on the Dell Laptop.

But it didn't match though it showed up as Dell Inspiron 3576 with all HDD drives as it were in it. Further surprising fact was that the OS date was shown as 2015 while the laptop was a brand new laptop build from 2019. We tried the bitlocker key on another laptop from Asus and it worked and the Key id also matched.

Hence, the issue now here it how did the entire info from the Dell laptop showed up but the key didn't got backed up in microsoft account. The Asus laptop won't show up but it's bitlocker key shows up in the name of Dell.

What are the chances of getting the bitlocker key from accounts.microsoft.com & I have the Bitlocker Key id of dell - would it be possible to get the key with this with all possible chances to accessing Windows being "Nil"

:)

Namit94, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Bitlocker Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It is good that you know the Bitlocker key to properly get into the computer. To help you turn off the Bitlocker key, you can follow the steps below:

Please make sure you are signed as the Administrator of the computer.

To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.

• A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click
      Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Bitlocker Key mismatch

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker Key mismatch

1. Bitlocker Key mismatch - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Key mismatch

2. Bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker key: I never activated bitlocker yet it locked my laptop down and won't let me in. What are my options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key/bd013035-587c-436f-a76a-27587a2da1ac
  3. bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker key: My laptop came with bitlocker partition, I didn't set it up. Hewlett Packard told me to call microsoft and I did and they gave me a link help.microsoft com. The site said my bitlocker key would be in my microsoft account. The only account I have in microsoft is Skype. I have...
  4. Mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mismatch: Hello,I need to resolve a mismatch in the number of microsoft licences allocated to users.There is a mismatch on two different microsoft packages.The number of users is in the 100's so would be difficult to locate.Any advice is much appreciated....
  5. Mismatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mismatch: Hello,I need to resolve a mismatch in the number of microsoft licences allocated to users.There is a mismatch on two different microsoft packages.The number of users is in the 100's so would be difficult to locate.Any advice is much appreciated....
  6. Bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker key: I don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to my Microsoft account please help me with this to solve my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key/e177e9a7-52e2-4a7a-af9b-1c4a57dedf34
  7. BitLocker Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Key: I used the bitlocker key associated with my devices. I'm using all of the options to check and still cannot find the bitlock key. Can someone call me to assist at 732.407.8228.Thank you.Crystal Hinds...
  8. Product Key and Windows version mismatch issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key and Windows version mismatch issues: I recently acquired a Windows 10 Pro key, and used it when I reinstalled Windows. It correctly installed Windows 10 Pro, but after installation, Settings indicates that windows is not activated and the troubleshooter states that the key is for Windows 10 Home. How do I...
  9. Key Mismatch

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Key Mismatch: There's a mismatch in my Microsoft office product key. But it's working fine. How it can be possible? Is it manipulated by someone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-mismatch/bdbd3b18-8e56-42a3-b79a-d2669d9e8125
  10. BitLocker Key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    BitLocker Key: My computer crashed and it's asking for a BitLocker key. This computer belongs to my charity and the IT person who set it up is no longer with us. I do see the recovery key ID on the screen. Is there a way I can retrieve my recovery key?...