Windows 10: Bitlocker Key no Access

Discus and support Bitlocker Key no Access in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi appreciate your assistance, I recently updated my pc and it now requires a bitlocker key. I access my account and my phone number has changed so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottMountney, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Bitlocker Key no Access

Hi appreciate your assistance, I recently updated my pc and it now requires a bitlocker key. I access my account and my phone number has changed so I update it. It then blocks access for 30 days. Is there any way we can speed this up as I need my PC. Thanks in advancd Regards Scott.

:)

ScottMountney, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Bitlocker Key no Access

Can't locate the bitlocker key

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

I understand that it can be difficult when your own computer is inaccessible due to some changes that could have happened. However, let's try a few troubleshooting steps and see if we can access the drive.

• Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Did you setup a BitLocker on your device before?

If you’ve not setup the BitLocker and it’s still prompting for the key, you may try to locate the BitLocker key on your Microsoft account, which will help you access the drive. Refer

Find my BitLocker recovery key
    to know how to find the BitLocker recovery key.

If no recovery key is found, you may enable the secure boot setting from BIOS and check if you can access the drive. Follow the steps listed below to enable
    secure boot.

• Power off the device and then power it on.
    • Look for a message on the boot screen just before or after the manufacturer logo appears. You may need to press the
      ‘F1’,’F2’, or
      ‘Delete’
      button, whatever key is indicated on the boot screen to enter BIOS Settings.
    • Within BIOS, choose the tab ‘BOOT’.
    Note:
    Depending on the BIOS manufacturer this page could be
    BOOT, ADVANCED, STARTUP etc.

• Look for a setting called
      ‘UEFI Secure Boot’
      and toggle the Secure Boot setting to
      ‘Enabled’.

Note:
    Each BIOS could have a different name for
    UEFI Secure Boot.
    These are the keywords to look for:
    ‘UEFI’, ‘Secure Boot’,‘Legacy Boot’.

• Restart the machine now to see if you can access the drive.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If you still can’t access the drive, I suggest you to post your query in the

TechNet forums
    . Our support professionals, equipped with knowledge on BitLocker, will help you further.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker Key no Access

1. Bitlocker Key no Access - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Key Access

2. Bitlocker recovery key Is not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key Is not accessible: When I was shutting down my laptop there was the option for update and shut down and I clicked it. Then suddenly it was showing diagnosing the system and after that bitlocker key was asked. When I signed in to the Microsoft website and looked for bitlocke recovery key then...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key Is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key Is not accessible: When I was shutting down my laptop there was the option for update and shut down and I clicked it. Then suddenly it was showing diagnosing the system and after that bitlocker key was asked. When I signed in to the Microsoft website and looked for bitlocke recovery key then...
  4. Can't access bitlocker access key page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access bitlocker access key page: Please help, can't access bitlocker key.Previously I do ask bitlocker recovery keys, but after several attempt, code didn't sent to my email. So I thought lets change the email, but turnsout after changing the new security info, can't access this page at all.Anyone have...
  5. Can't access bitlocker access key page

Can't access bitlocker access key page: Please help, can't access bitlocker key.Previously I do ask bitlocker recovery keys, but after several attempt, code didn't sent to my email. So I thought lets change the email, but turnsout after changing the new security info, can't access this page at all.Anyone have...
  6. Can't access bitlocker access key page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. BitLocker Recovery Key is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery Key is not accessible: Hello,I upgraded my windows from Win10 to Win 11 and after a few days automatically installed some updates and suddenly message comes " BitLocker Recovery key is required". I was unable to sign in to microsoft account as my alternate email was not updated. So I added my phone...
  8. BitLocker Recovery Key is not accessible

BitLocker Recovery Key is not accessible: Hello,I upgraded my windows from Win10 to Win 11 and after a few days automatically installed some updates and suddenly message comes " BitLocker Recovery key is required". I was unable to sign in to microsoft account as my alternate email was not updated. So I added my phone...
  9. Bitlocker Key URL not accessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Key URL not accessible: I am trying to get my Bitlocker key through the microsoft page. The URL that is provided for me on my profile, however, is invalid. Are there any ways for me to access that since I didn't save the key beforehand? Are there other URLs?...
  10. Bitlocker Key not accessible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Key not accessible: I performed an update on my HP Envy LT from HP< hardware update BIOS update, I did a reboot and its asking for the Bitlocker key which I never printed out or saved to a USB drive, can Microsoft help me with getting that key with the ID I have or is there any other way to get...