Windows 10: Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account

Discus and support Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Surface Pro 4 had the black screen of death and wouldn't start. I tried many many methods provided online but none worked.So I removed the SSD from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nvg91, Oct 24, 2021.

1. nvg91 Win User

Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account

My Surface Pro 4 had the black screen of death and wouldn't start. I tried many many methods provided online but none worked.So I removed the SSD from it and put in my desktop.To access the data I need the bitlocker key. The account is connected to my Microsoft account, but there is no bitlocker key associated with it. How can this be? I never activated bitlocker so it must have been done automatically and did not manually delete the key from my account.Is there a possibility to retrieve the key or is all hope lost?Thanks!

:)

nvg91, Oct 24, 2021

2. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Oct 24, 2021
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Xylee Del, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Key Microsoft

2. No Bitlocker Key in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Bitlocker Key in Microsoft Account: Any advice on following please. Unable to access Lenovo Ideapad 5 laptop. Details:No key provided in microsoft accountTried command prompt no key but ID only Tried disabled securty boot only to rerurn to BitlockerUnable to reset pc in troubleshoot funtionPlease let me know if...
  3. No Bitlocker Key in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Bitlocker Key in Microsoft Account: Any advice on following please. Unable to access Lenovo Ideapad 5 laptop. Details:No key provided in microsoft accountTried command prompt no key but ID only Tried disabled securty boot only to rerurn to BitlockerUnable to reset pc in troubleshoot funtionPlease let me know if...
  4. Bitlocker Keys not visible on Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Keys not visible on Microsoft account: I have a Dell laptop that is Boot locked stuck on Dell logo with circling dots. Bitlocker was set up with my personal account, but when signed in to my personal account, navigating to the link https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey, I get the message: Try a...
  5. Bitlocker Keys not visible on Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Keys not visible on Microsoft account: I have a Dell laptop that is Boot locked stuck on Dell logo with circling dots. Bitlocker was set up with my personal account, but when signed in to my personal account, navigating to the link https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey, I get the message: Try a...
  6. Bitlocker Keys not visible on Microsoft account

7. Bitlocker key, no Microsoft account and no idea why the bitlocker activated.

Bitlocker key, no Microsoft account and no idea why the bitlocker activated.: My son's Asus notebook with Windows 10 Home is looking for a bitlocker key. It is his own laptop and he does not have a Microsoft account to recover a key. We have no idea why the bitlocker activated as he has not update or added any new application. Looking for help please....
  8. Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account: My Surface Pro 4 had the black screen of death and wouldn't start. I tried many many methods provided online but none worked.So I removed the SSD from it and put in my desktop.To access the data I need the bitlocker key. The account is connected to my Microsoft account, but...
  9. Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account: My Surface Pro 4 had the black screen of death and wouldn't start. I tried many many methods provided online but none worked.So I removed the SSD from it and put in my desktop.To access the data I need the bitlocker key. The account is connected to my Microsoft account, but...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account: I cannot find the bitlocker code. No Microsoft login, but I have a recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-no-microsoft-account/6268bb9e-8a34-4374-8ea8-7e468db03fe2