Windows 10: Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account

Discus and support Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Surface Pro 4 had the black screen of death and wouldn't start. I tried many many methods provided online but none worked.So I removed the SSD from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nvg91, Oct 24, 2021.

1. nvg91 Win User

Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account

My Surface Pro 4 had the black screen of death and wouldn't start. I tried many many methods provided online but none worked.So I removed the SSD from it and put in my desktop.To access the data I need the bitlocker key. The account is connected to my Microsoft account, but there is no bitlocker key associated with it. How can this be? I never activated bitlocker so it must have been done automatically and did not manually delete the key from my account.Is there a possibility to retrieve the key or is all hope lost?Thanks!

:)

nvg91, Oct 24, 2021

2. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Oct 24, 2021
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Xylee Del, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Key Microsoft

2. Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account: My Surface Pro 4 had the black screen of death and wouldn't start. I tried many many methods provided online but none worked.So I removed the SSD from it and put in my desktop.To access the data I need the bitlocker key. The account is connected to my Microsoft account, but...
  3. Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account: My Surface Pro 4 had the black screen of death and wouldn't start. I tried many many methods provided online but none worked.So I removed the SSD from it and put in my desktop.To access the data I need the bitlocker key. The account is connected to my Microsoft account, but...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key not displayed in Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key not displayed in Microsoft account: I want to reset the Windows OS on my PC laptop. For this, I need to access its Bitlocker recovery key. However, although I know the login for the Microsoft account associated with the PC, no recovery keys are shown when I go to aka.ms/myrecoverykey. The PC is shown as a...
  5. Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account

Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account: There was a hardware issue with my laptop and now its is asking for the bitlocker recovery key on bootup. The machine has not had bitlocker specifically enabled so I'm assuming it was done automatically once I had signed into my microsoft account. When I logon to my microsoft...
  6. Bitlocker key doesn't match microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker key doesn't match microsoft account: Hello Community, I am having an issue accessing a local drive due to a bitlocker error. I had a brand new Dell G5 computer that was completely destroyed in an accident. I was able to successfully extract the intact hard drive of the computer from the wreckage and insert...
  7. No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account: Hi I just upgraded my Surface Pro 7 from Home to Pro. When I try to save my Bitlocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account which is also verified in Windows an error says this is not possible. Could you help me with that? [ATTACH]...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account: I cannot find the bitlocker code. No Microsoft login, but I have a recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-no-microsoft-account/6268bb9e-8a34-4374-8ea8-7e468db03fe2
  9. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account: After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not. Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed. Every single suggestion...
  10. BitLocker Recovery Key not stored in Microsoft Account

BitLocker Recovery Key not stored in Microsoft Account: Here is the sequence of events that resulted in me unable to access the data on my additional HDD. 30th August - Purchased new computer and installed windows 10 64-bit Pro on 500GB internal harddrive. 4th September - Added another 2TB harddrive and moved my personal...