Windows 10: Bitlocker key not presented in my account

Discus and support Bitlocker key not presented in my account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a Windows update days ago, my laptop crashed and a blue screen shows up whenever I restarted it. To proceed any fix steps, it requires a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by L. Y. F., Apr 27, 2021.

1. L. Y. F. Win User

Bitlocker key not presented in my account

After a Windows update days ago, my laptop crashed and a blue screen shows up whenever I restarted it. To proceed any fix steps, it requires a Bitlocker key which I never used. I found that my device is correctly associated with this account and I can even find it indicates that all my disks have Bitlocker turned on right now, but when I click 'manage Bitlocker keys' or find recovery key on https://aka.ms/recoverykey, there's no key presented...I assume I should be able to find the Bitlocker key on this account as even the device shows up on it. I would be really appreciated if

:)

L. Y. F., Apr 27, 2021

2. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Bitlocker key not presented in my account

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker key not presented in my account

1. Bitlocker key not presented in my account - Similar Threads - Bitlocker key presented

2. Bitlocker key not in my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker key not in my account.: So, this is now the third laptop that Microsoft has bricked by installing/activating something without my permission. The first couple were old laptops, and were locked up because of a forced install of a newer version of Windows. This laptop was barely a year old. It has,...
  3. Bitlocker key not in my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key not in my account.: So, this is now the third laptop that Microsoft has bricked by installing/activating something without my permission. The first couple were old laptops, and were locked up because of a forced install of a newer version of Windows. This laptop was barely a year old. It has,...
  4. Bitlocker key not in my account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No BitLocker key found on my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No BitLocker key found on my account?: My Alienware laptop needed the motherboard replaced and after Dell did the repair the computer asked for a BitLocker recovery key. I had never even heard of BitLocker before so I followed the online instructions to get the key. I logged into the Microsoft account I used to...
  6. No BitLocker key found on my account?

No BitLocker key found on my account?: My Alienware laptop needed the motherboard replaced and after Dell did the repair the computer asked for a BitLocker recovery key. I had never even heard of BitLocker before so I followed the online instructions to get the key. I logged into the Microsoft account I used to...
  7. Bitlocker key not showing in My Account

Bitlocker key not showing in My Account: My Dell Windows 11 laptop upgraded from Windows 10 a year ago crashed and is stuck on the blue sceren of the machine rest options. I don't want to wipe the machines data so need to input the bitlocker key, but I have never had one presented to me and MS has not added it in to...
  8. Bitlocker key not showing in My Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key not showing in My Account: My Dell Windows 11 laptop upgraded from Windows 10 a year ago crashed and is stuck on the blue sceren of the machine rest options. I don't want to wipe the machines data so need to input the bitlocker key, but I have never had one presented to me and MS has not added it in to...
  9. Bitlocker recovery key not in my account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker recovery key not in my account: MS service provider set up windows pro and now i do not have the bitlocker key and am locked out of my computer drives. No help from MS either bc it is impossible to find anyone to help -- online, in person, etc. Insane....
  10. Bitlocker recovery key not present in my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key not present in my account: I have a dual boot setup with windows 10 and ubuntu, usually everytime I boot in ubuntu it changes the boot order and it boots straight to ubuntu and not straight to windows 10, just as I set it before. But the problem is that sometimes I got asked to enter the recovery key...