Windows 10: BItLocker Key not Sync With Active Director

Discus and support BItLocker Key not Sync With Active Director in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Team In my Organisation users bit locker key is not sync with AD please help me . my team is already logged the ticket for the same Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AjayGupte1, Apr 8, 2019.

1. BItLocker Key not Sync With Active Director

Team

In my Organisation users bit locker key is not sync with AD please help me . my team is already logged the ticket for the same

Microsoft Ticket no.1467557187

you can call me on - 7718094444

:)

AjayGupte1, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Bitlocker recovery key

Hello,

I'm the IT user-support person in a company and I have this issue with a corporate laptop (belong to a domain & Active Directory):

I received from a user his laptop "dead" (no power-on, nothing to start-it). Accordingly to company security policies I deliver the laptop in service with another blank disk (the same SSD type) because the original one contained data.

After receiving the fixed laptop from service, I changed back the disks by putting the original one at it place.

Now, it occur the issue: at first step of booting it request the Bitlocker recovery key because the disk was bitlocker encrypted before.

The bad-luck is that I don't have this Bitlocker recovery key nowhere: on the printed paper, USB memory stick and not even on the Active Directory.

Is strange, because ussually, the other workstations (laptops with bitlocker activated) have this information on Active Directory.

Maybe because of a possible cause: the laptop owner use to work at home with the laptop and the Active Directory didn't synchronized the information related to Bitlocker recovery key (like for other laptop used in LAN).

I have the "Recovery key ID" on the blue screen for the laptop but is useless because I cannot find the "Bitlocker recovery key" on Active Directory using it.

What do you suggest to do in this case?

Many thanks for any advice and answer.

Mircea Dumitrescu.

Mircea Dumitrescu (mdumitre), Apr 8, 2019
  4. BItLocker Key not Sync With Active Director

Bitlocker Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It is good that you know the Bitlocker key to properly get into the computer. To help you turn off the Bitlocker key, you can follow the steps below:

Please make sure you are signed as the Administrator of the computer.

To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.

• A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click
      Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

BItLocker Key not Sync With Active Director

1. BItLocker Key not Sync With Active Director - Similar Threads - BItLocker Key Sync

2. Activate bitlocker recovery key HP Slice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate bitlocker recovery key HP Slice: Hi team,I have been trying to activate my bitlocker key but I am struggling to activate it. Somehow, the recovery key does not match with Bitlocker reovery key.Note, This is for HP SLICE....
  3. Activate bitlocker recovery key HP Slice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate bitlocker recovery key HP Slice: Hi team,I have been trying to activate my bitlocker key but I am struggling to activate it. Somehow, the recovery key does not match with Bitlocker reovery key.Note, This is for HP SLICE....
  4. Bitlocker key, no Microsoft account and no idea why the bitlocker activated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key, no Microsoft account and no idea why the bitlocker activated.: My son's Asus notebook with Windows 10 Home is looking for a bitlocker key. It is his own laptop and he does not have a Microsoft account to recover a key. We have no idea why the bitlocker activated as he has not update or added any new application. Looking for help please....
  5. Bitlocker key, no Microsoft account and no idea why the bitlocker activated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key, no Microsoft account and no idea why the bitlocker activated.: My son's Asus notebook with Windows 10 Home is looking for a bitlocker key. It is his own laptop and he does not have a Microsoft account to recover a key. We have no idea why the bitlocker activated as he has not update or added any new application. Looking for help please....
  6. Bitlocker key, no Microsoft account and no idea why the bitlocker activated.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. File director name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File director name: I have an issue with my Documents name, It appears that it is his name Documents But the actual name is the name in Arabic. I tried to change it in more than one way, but it remains the same.And this problem I face with desktop picturesHow can I change it completely?Thank...
  8. File director name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File director name: Hello everyone I have a issue in my desktop name, It appears that it is his name desktop But the actual name is the name in Arabic.How can I change it completely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-director-name/1108c52c-7f1c-4bbf-82b3-ea1a27d1fbb5
  9. Bitlocker self-activation - no recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker self-activation - no recovery key: Hello, I'm hoping someone here can help me. I upgraded my Windows 10 system last week. At the end of the upgrade, it advised that Avast wanted to upgrade as well, so I said yes and that upgrade went ahead. However, somehow during that process Bitlocker has been triggered....
  10. Active Sync

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Active Sync: What is the version for ActiveSync compatible for windows 10 on the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/active-sync/6e0a00cf-2be1-4f7f-9eed-76a1edcc0199

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker not sync