Windows 10: Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device

Discus and support Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, When starting my laptop today I was asked to put in my bitlocker key. So I logged onto my Microsoft account and found my device DESKTOP-07XXXX.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Natasha_76, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device

Hi,

When starting my laptop today I was asked to put in my bitlocker key. So I logged onto my Microsoft account and found my device DESKTOP-07XXXX. The bitlocker was turned on and so I selected the "manage recovery key" option. This took me to a page where the only device shown was one I had never seen before DESKTOP-1FHXXXX and didn't belong to anyone in my family there was also a key ID that didn't match the one shown on the defunct laptop and a bitlocker key that didn't work on my device

I was prompted to enter my bitlocker key because secureboot was disabled, which I was able to resolve. But I am still concerned I don't have access to the right bitlocker key for this device. I've checked Azure AD and there are no devices listed.

I read that this could happen if the motherboard is replaced, but this laptop hasn't had any repairs since I bought it, so I cant see why it would be connected to another bitclocker key.

Any ideas of how to find the correct key? Is it best just to disable bitlocker?

Thanks

Natasha

:)

Natasha_76, Dec 2, 2020

2. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device

X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device

1. Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Key account

2. Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.: Asus Zenbook, Windows 11A few days ago my laptop experienced its first blue screen which upon reboot prompted the repair-mode screen. In order to access the drive I get prompted to input a key for Bitlockers encryption. Seeing as this is something I didn't even knew I had on...
  3. Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.: Asus Zenbook, Windows 11A few days ago my laptop experienced its first blue screen which upon reboot prompted the repair-mode screen. In order to access the drive I get prompted to input a key for Bitlockers encryption. Seeing as this is something I didn't even knew I had on...
  4. Device listed in MS account but bitlocker key not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device listed in MS account but bitlocker key not showing up: Hello,I've had to replace the motherboard of my laptop an ASUS B9. Now the computer is asking me to prompt the bitlocker 48 digits. The bitlocker i assume it was enabled at factory by the manifacturer. The device was correctly registered with my Microsfot account but it does...
  5. Device listed in MS account but bitlocker key not showing up

Device listed in MS account but bitlocker key not showing up: Hello,I've had to replace the motherboard of my laptop an ASUS B9. Now the computer is asking me to prompt the bitlocker 48 digits. The bitlocker i assume it was enabled at factory by the manifacturer. The device was correctly registered with my Microsfot account but it does...
  6. Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key: I am trying to fix the black screen problem on my Windows 10 tablet when booting and can't get through to the Windows login screen. The black screen appeared after doing a Windows update. When trying to reset in Windows Recovery Environment, I am prompted for the Bitlocker...
  7. Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key

Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key: I am trying to fix the black screen problem on my Windows 10 tablet when booting and can't get through to the Windows login screen. The black screen appeared after doing a Windows update. When trying to reset in Windows Recovery Environment, I am prompted for the Bitlocker...
  8. Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. unknown Bitlocker recovery key

unknown Bitlocker recovery key: I just changed my laptop's motherboard and then it asks for a recovery key to recover my drive. I'm pretty sure this laptop used Windows 10 Home all along, is there even supposed to be a BitLocker? I have only one Microsoft account and there is no recovery key in it. What am...
  10. No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account

No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account: Hi I just upgraded my Surface Pro 7 from Home to Pro. When I try to save my Bitlocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account which is also verified in Windows an error says this is not possible. Could you help me with that? [ATTACH]...