Windows 10: Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device

Discus and support Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, When starting my laptop today I was asked to put in my bitlocker key. So I logged onto my Microsoft account and found my device DESKTOP-07XXXX.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Natasha_76, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device

Hi,

When starting my laptop today I was asked to put in my bitlocker key. So I logged onto my Microsoft account and found my device DESKTOP-07XXXX. The bitlocker was turned on and so I selected the "manage recovery key" option. This took me to a page where the only device shown was one I had never seen before DESKTOP-1FHXXXX and didn't belong to anyone in my family there was also a key ID that didn't match the one shown on the defunct laptop and a bitlocker key that didn't work on my device

I was prompted to enter my bitlocker key because secureboot was disabled, which I was able to resolve. But I am still concerned I don't have access to the right bitlocker key for this device. I've checked Azure AD and there are no devices listed.

I read that this could happen if the motherboard is replaced, but this laptop hasn't had any repairs since I bought it, so I cant see why it would be connected to another bitclocker key.

Any ideas of how to find the correct key? Is it best just to disable bitlocker?

Thanks

Natasha

:)

Natasha_76, Dec 2, 2020

2. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device

X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device

1. Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Key account

2. Bitlocker Recovery Key for Wrong Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Recovery Key for Wrong Device: Hi, I recently got my computer repaired and when I got it back it's been asking for my bitlocker recovery key. I went to support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4530477/windows-10-finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key and followed the instructions, but the only recovery key...
  3. No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account

No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account: Hi I just upgraded my Surface Pro 7 from Home to Pro. When I try to save my Bitlocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account which is also verified in Windows an error says this is not possible. Could you help me with that? [ATTACH]...
  4. Unknown Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Device: I have this unknown device ACPI\VEN_FTE&DEV_3600, cannot find any drivers for it. Windows 10 x64 2004. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-device/030d0f09-89e0-4d6f-9ecb-bce26721a71f
  5. Connecting devices with MS account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Connecting devices with MS account: I am trying to download an app from the MS store, but it says I do not have any applicable device linked to my MS account. I have had this laptop with MS Windows 10 for two years. How do I connect it to my account?...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account

Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account: I cannot find the bitlocker code. No Microsoft login, but I have a recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-no-microsoft-account/6268bb9e-8a34-4374-8ea8-7e468db03fe2
  7. Bitlocker Not Shown on my MS account or Azure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Not Shown on my MS account or Azure: Hi there, I have been locked out of my hard drive by Bitlocker. 1st I did not activate this, 2nd MS in my account shows its activated, ie with out my authorisation. I have spent 5days researching this common issue which has my business 10s of 1000s of $. Given that MS...
  8. Devices and MS product keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Devices and MS product keys: In my MS account, signed into account.microsoft.com, what page, and it's path can I find all my devices, the MS products and the product keys listed? And yes, it does exist, different from the account.microsoft.com/services/ page....
  9. Unknown Device Showing In Xbox Account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Device Showing In Xbox Account.: My account shows a connected device that I did not attach to my xboxone,and when I click on the icon it redirects me.how do I find out A.what the device is and B.where/when/how it was connected to my account? ***Moved From: Microsoft Edge/All other issues/Windows 10***...
  10. Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account: I recently changed from local accounts to Microsoft accounts on my 3 computers. When I look at my new account, I see a number of Surface Books and an Xbox. I only own the 3 computers 24ST8, 24ST8_1 and 24ST8_2. Please see attached screenshot. Please advise 102422