Windows 10: Bitlocker key request help

Discus and support Bitlocker key request help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Team, Hope you can assist cause this came out of no where, one minute working fine and next requesting BitLocker key. Running Windows 10 on an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Slipit1, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Slipit1 Win User

Bitlocker key request help

Hello Team,

Hope you can assist cause this came out of no where, one minute working fine and next requesting BitLocker key. Running Windows 10 on an Idea Pad loaded the blue BitLocker screen and is asking for the recovery Key it also offers the Key ID right below it but wont let me add in Letters? I am guessing the recovery Key is only numbers and the Key ID is different?

Ho w can I locate my Recovery Key?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Bob

:)

Slipit1, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    problem with bitlocker

Hi Roeslie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We need some more details to help you find the solution to your problem.

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your surface machine?
    • Did you notice any changes on the computer recently?
    • When you say, you have a problem with your Surface machine about BitLocker key, do you mean that the surface machine asks you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to sign into Windows?
    • Does the other computer ask you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to access the files saved on it?

If you are being asked to enter a BitLocker key to sign into your surface machine and you don’t remember your BitLocker key, you can follow the instructions given in the link below to find the BitLocker recovery key.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Bitlocker key request help

BitLocker Recovery Key request

Have found my BitLocker Recovery Key and input. All good. Turn off Surface Pro3 and then turn on again and the request for the BitLocker Recovery Key comes up again? Why does this continue to come up?

HarrySpacie, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker key request help

1. Bitlocker key request help - Similar Threads - Bitlocker key request

2. I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help: Looking for BitLocker key am stack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-reboot-and-my-laptop-request-a-bitlocker-key/76bf775c-3f1c-4c4b-b5b9-afbcebd2af97
  3. I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help: Looking for BitLocker key am stack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-reboot-and-my-laptop-request-a-bitlocker-key/76bf775c-3f1c-4c4b-b5b9-afbcebd2af97
  4. I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY: I have an HP Pavilion dv7 running Win 10 Pro. This weekend during a storm the computer died and will not restart. I took it to a local shop where of course they asked for the Bitlocker recovery key. My MS Acct shows that MS cannot locate the device and the 'Manage recovery...
  6. URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY

URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY: I have an HP Pavilion dv7 running Win 10 Pro. This weekend during a storm the computer died and will not restart. I took it to a local shop where of course they asked for the Bitlocker recovery key. My MS Acct shows that MS cannot locate the device and the 'Manage recovery...
  7. URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. bitlocker key help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker key help!: how can i find the bitlocker key for my laptop? I have read everything I can find on it and I still cant get into it! how can i bypass it so I can use my laptop? Someone please help....
  9. BitLocker Key Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Key Help: My CPU is currently in data recovery and they are requesting my BitLocker Key. I cannot locate it on my Microsoft account. I do have the serial number and proof of purchase. Can Microsoft help me locate the BitLocker Key to move forward with the data recovery process?...
  10. BitLocker Key Help

BitLocker Key Help: My CPU is currently in data recovery and they are requesting my BitLocker Key. I cannot locate it on my Microsoft account. I do have the serial number and proof of purchase. Can Microsoft help me locate the BitLocker Key to move forward with the data recovery process?...