Windows 10: Bitlocker key won’t work

Discus and support Bitlocker key won’t work in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Turned on dell laptop yesterday to a blue screen asking for a bitlocker recovery key. Accesses my microsoft account which identifies my Dell. Click on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Natatters, May 6, 2020.

1. Natatters Win User

Bitlocker key won’t work

Turned on dell laptop yesterday to a blue screen asking for a bitlocker recovery key. Accesses my microsoft account which identifies my Dell. Click on the manage bitlocker icon and taken to a page with two bitlocker keys but neither of these appear to be for the Dell despite me arriving at that page by clicking on the icon for my Dell in my microsoft account. Tried both keys anyway and neither work. I never initiaked bitlocker. Who did? Laptop was new. How do i recover the laptop? Thanks to anyone that can help

:)

Natatters, May 6, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, May 6, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, May 6, 2020
  4. Bitlocker key won’t work

Bitlocker Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It is good that you know the Bitlocker key to properly get into the computer. To help you turn off the Bitlocker key, you can follow the steps below:

Please make sure you are signed as the Administrator of the computer.

To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.

• A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click
      Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker key won’t work

1. Bitlocker key won’t work - Similar Threads - Bitlocker key won’t

2. Help! Bitlocker code won’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Bitlocker code won’t work: Please help! My yoga lenovo 7i laptop seized up unexpectedly with a bluescreen two days ago in my college classroom. It asked for the bitlocker recovery code. I never activated bitlocker or even knew what it was before this- it must have been automatically activated without...
  3. Help! Bitlocker code won’t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Bitlocker code won’t work: Please help! My yoga lenovo 7i laptop seized up unexpectedly with a bluescreen two days ago in my college classroom. It asked for the bitlocker recovery code. I never activated bitlocker or even knew what it was before this- it must have been automatically activated without...
  4. Why won’t my bitlocker keys load?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t my bitlocker keys load?: I cant load the bitlocker keys on any device to recover files on my laptop. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-bitlocker-keys-load/287cbc3c-3fe3-4318-bcee-63ccdce6d3e8
  5. Why won’t my bitlocker keys load?

Why won’t my bitlocker keys load?: I cant load the bitlocker keys on any device to recover files on my laptop. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-bitlocker-keys-load/287cbc3c-3fe3-4318-bcee-63ccdce6d3e8
  6. Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key: Hi, I have an external hard drive. It keeps asking me the recovery key, I already inserted the 48 digits but it says it’s incorrect, and that’s the only key I have on my notes that they gave me a while ago. I have tried many methods such as Cme prompt, but I can’t unlock my...
  7. Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key

Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key: Hi, I have an external hard drive. It keeps asking me the recovery key, I already inserted the 48 digits but it says it’s incorrect, and that’s the only key I have on my notes that they gave me a while ago. I have tried many methods such as Cme prompt, but I can’t unlock my...
  8. Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Bitlocker Key not working

Bitlocker Key not working: i have bit locker key, but when i enter the key, my machine says "Failed to unlock with this recovery Key. i have changed my machine from domain to workgroup after that my Recovery Key not working.,Please help on this issue....
  10. Bitlocker won’t accept key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker won’t accept key: My issue is the same as the individual below. Can someone help me? Thank you for replying. Those links were helpful in understanding how to enable bit-locker and how to go through the recovery key process but it did not tell me what to do when the recovery key generated by...