Windows 10: BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive

Discus and support BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Lenovo Yoga 9-14ITL5 Laptop had an abnormal fan noise, so I called Premium Care Support for help. To diagnose the hardware problem, they ran me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nick RC, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Nick RC Win User

BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive

My Lenovo Yoga 9-14ITL5 Laptop had an abnormal fan noise, so I called Premium Care Support for help. To diagnose the hardware problem, they ran me through a BIOS set up. After unsuccessfully diagnosing the issue, they asked me to restart the laptop to try something else. At that point, a blue BitLocker screen came up asking for a recovery key. I don't have the recovery key as I did not set up Windows 11 Home on the device it came pre-installed, I didn't enable BitLocker, nor is it on any other Microsoft account I have. As a result, I am locked out of my dev

:)

Nick RC, Nov 13, 2022

2. External Hard Drive Locked Automatically by Bitlocker

I have a problem with my external hard drive. It appears that Bitlocker locked it without my knowledge. I have never even heard of Bitlocker before my File Explorer told me that the drive was locked by Bitlocker.

I have no password because I did not set it up. As for the recovery key, I was able to retrieve it from my Microsoft Account. However, when I used it, Windows 10 did not accept the recovery key.

How do I recover my files from my external hard drive?

Thanks,

Rob

RobPanganiban, Nov 13, 2022
  3. Xovvo Win User
    Recovering data from a failed BitLocker drive?

Hello!

I have a failed M.2 NVMe 2030 SSD that I am trying to recover data from. It had Windows 10 Enterprise version 10.0.19044.1766 installed before it failed, and so is encrypted with BitLocker and I do have the BitLocker recovery key for that drive.

I currently have it mounted in an external case and it is connected by USB to another computer running the same Windows version. I understand how I can recover data from a functional BitLocker drive, and I'm aware of how I can recover data from a failed drive---but I don't have much guidance on how to recover data from a failed Bitlocker drive, and would like to know if there's a preferred method of recovery.

Thank you

Xovvo, Nov 13, 2022
  4. BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive

Need help - Bitlocker locked drive data recovery

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have lost my drive (E) data after running clean command using DiskPart utility and drive was locked by bitlocker.
    Please help me to know, what are chances to recover data & how? where as I have bitlocker key.

Note: it has some changes to the drive (E) after data losses.

Thanks

RizwanSiddiqui1, Nov 13, 2022
Thema:

BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive

1. BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive - Similar Threads - BitLocker Lock Need

2. bitlocker locked my data drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker locked my data drive: i have problem with bitlocker on dell xps 13 9370 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-locked-my-data-drive/416803c0-2352-42f8-846e-b4ffd7893e35
  3. bitlocker locked my data drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker locked my data drive: i have problem with bitlocker on dell xps 13 9370 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-locked-my-data-drive/416803c0-2352-42f8-846e-b4ffd7893e35
  4. bitlocker locked my data drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive

BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive: My Lenovo Yoga 9-14ITL5 Laptop had an abnormal fan noise, so I called Premium Care Support for help. To diagnose the hardware problem, they ran me through a BIOS set up. After unsuccessfully diagnosing the issue, they asked me to restart the laptop to try something else....
  6. Recovering data from a failed BitLocker drive?

Recovering data from a failed BitLocker drive?: Hello!I have a failed M.2 NVMe 2030 SSD that I am trying to recover data from. It had Windows 10 Enterprise version 10.0.19044.1766 installed before it failed, and so is encrypted with BitLocker and I do have the BitLocker recovery key for that drive.I currently have it...
  7. BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!: Hi All,I am a wedding photographer desperately looking for help. I use a Seagate 2TB hard drive to house my RAW files in one place before editing. Luckily I have them backed up and also on the SD cards but recently when I plugged in this particular hard-drive into my PC I got...
  8. BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!

BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!: Hi All,I am a wedding photographer desperately looking for help. I use a Seagate 2TB hard drive to house my RAW files in one place before editing. Luckily I have them backed up and also on the SD cards but recently when I plugged in this particular hard-drive into my PC I got...
  9. BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Need help - Bitlocker locked drive data recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help - Bitlocker locked drive data recovery: Hi, Unfortunately, I have lost my drive E data after running clean command using DiskPart utility and drive was locked by bitlocker. Please help me to know, what are chances to recover data & how? where as I have bitlocker key. Note: it has some changes to the drive E...