Windows 10: Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer

Discus and support Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer. Using Window 10 Home on HP laptop. Windows 10 reinstall carried out remotely by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by louisking1, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer

Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer. Using Window 10 Home on HP laptop.

Windows 10 reinstall carried out remotely by Microsoft support and now I can no longer get access to all my documents, photos music etc. I never installed Bitlocker and my microsoft account has no recovery attached.

How do I get into my files?

:)

louisking1, Feb 7, 2019

2. External Hard Drive Locked Automatically by Bitlocker

I have a problem with my external hard drive. It appears that Bitlocker locked it without my knowledge. I have never even heard of Bitlocker before my File Explorer told me that the drive was locked by Bitlocker.

I have no password because I did not set it up. As for the recovery key, I was able to retrieve it from my Microsoft Account. However, when I used it, Windows 10 did not accept the recovery key.

How do I recover my files from my external hard drive?

Thanks,

Rob

RobPanganiban, Feb 7, 2019
  3. External Hard Drive Locked Automatically by Bitlocker

Hi Rob,

To resolve the issue, please check out this
    thread
    about a similar issue. You may refer to Ramesh.Kumar's post.

Let us know how it goes.

JohnRod Nav, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Brian-HH Win User

Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer

Bitlocker External Hard drive Lock-out Reset?

If a user enters their password incorrectly on their bitlocker encrypted external hard drive and gets locked-out what are the options? I have a situation where the recovery key will not be obtainable some time and I'm wondering if there is a timed unlock
    for too many bad attempts or is there a BDE- command that can reset it now that we remember the password.?

Brian-HH, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer

1. Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer - Similar Threads - Bitlocker locked external

2. BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive: My Lenovo Yoga 9-14ITL5 Laptop had an abnormal fan noise, so I called Premium Care Support for help. To diagnose the hardware problem, they ran me through a BIOS set up. After unsuccessfully diagnosing the issue, they asked me to restart the laptop to try something else....
  3. BitLocker unilaterally locked my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker unilaterally locked my external hard drive: BitLocker locked my external hard drive without being asked. I installed an NVME m.2 SSD in a laptop and loaded a bunch of content onto it. Used it fine for several months. I then sold the laptop, removed the hard drive, and installed it in my desktop only to discovered that...
  4. BitLocker unilaterally locked my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker unilaterally locked my external hard drive: BitLocker locked my external hard drive without being asked. I installed an NVME m.2 SSD in a laptop and loaded a bunch of content onto it. Used it fine for several months. I then sold the laptop, removed the hard drive, and installed it in my desktop only to discovered that...
  5. BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!: Hi All,I am a wedding photographer desperately looking for help. I use a Seagate 2TB hard drive to house my RAW files in one place before editing. Luckily I have them backed up and also on the SD cards but recently when I plugged in this particular hard-drive into my PC I got...
  6. BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!: Hi All,I am a wedding photographer desperately looking for help. I use a Seagate 2TB hard drive to house my RAW files in one place before editing. Luckily I have them backed up and also on the SD cards but recently when I plugged in this particular hard-drive into my PC I got...
  7. BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. BitLocker locked my external hard drive by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker locked my external hard drive by itself: On several occasions, after removing an old drive, the drive gets locked by "Bitlocker" even though the user did not activate "Bitlocker" any solution? thx...
  9. External Hard Drive Locked with Bitlocker Automatically - Unable to Open It

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    External Hard Drive Locked with Bitlocker Automatically - Unable to Open It: Hi there, I need help with my external hard drive which has all my data and I badly need to recover it. I don't know but there has been some technical glitch due to which the bitlocker lock is appearing on my external hard drive. Neither I nor anybody else turned on...
  10. external hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    external hard drive is locked: I add an external hard drive, Seagate Expansion Drive. I moved my Libraries, including my iTunes library and all the files, from my internal hard drive (c://). I now have several problems. A network path to this drive, appears to go through another external drive. E:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker drive is not demanding password

2. bitlocker locked me out