Windows 10: Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer

Discus and support Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer. Using Window 10 Home on HP laptop. Windows 10 reinstall carried out remotely by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by louisking1, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer

Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer. Using Window 10 Home on HP laptop.

Windows 10 reinstall carried out remotely by Microsoft support and now I can no longer get access to all my documents, photos music etc. I never installed Bitlocker and my microsoft account has no recovery attached.

How do I get into my files?

:)

louisking1, Feb 7, 2019

2. External Hard Drive Locked Automatically by Bitlocker

I have a problem with my external hard drive. It appears that Bitlocker locked it without my knowledge. I have never even heard of Bitlocker before my File Explorer told me that the drive was locked by Bitlocker.

I have no password because I did not set it up. As for the recovery key, I was able to retrieve it from my Microsoft Account. However, when I used it, Windows 10 did not accept the recovery key.

How do I recover my files from my external hard drive?

Thanks,

Rob

RobPanganiban, Feb 7, 2019
  3. External Hard Drive Locked Automatically by Bitlocker

Hi Rob,

To resolve the issue, please check out this
    thread
    about a similar issue. You may refer to Ramesh.Kumar's post.

Let us know how it goes.

JohnRod Nav, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Brian-HH Win User

Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer

Bitlocker External Hard drive Lock-out Reset?

If a user enters their password incorrectly on their bitlocker encrypted external hard drive and gets locked-out what are the options? I have a situation where the recovery key will not be obtainable some time and I'm wondering if there is a timed unlock
    for too many bad attempts or is there a BDE- command that can reset it now that we remember the password.?

Brian-HH, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer

1. Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer - Similar Threads - Bitlocker locked external

2. Bitlocker locked me out of Venue 5130

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker locked me out of Venue 5130: After a win10 update, my tablet has me locked out demanding a bitlocker code. How do I get one? I have no text at my MS account, so I desperately need a code for it. The recovery key below is all it gives me when I try and boot. recovery key id...
  3. External Hard Drive Locked with Bitlocker Automatically - Unable to Open It

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    External Hard Drive Locked with Bitlocker Automatically - Unable to Open It: Hi there, I need help with my external hard drive which has all my data and I badly need to recover it. I don't know but there has been some technical glitch due to which the bitlocker lock is appearing on my external hard drive. Neither I nor anybody else turned on...
  4. I never use Bitlocker and it locked my external hard drive.

I never use Bitlocker and it locked my external hard drive.: Hi, I had never use Bitlocker and it locked my harddrive. When I want to unlock my hard drive I get an error: 'The BitLocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your version of windows.' I use Windows 10 Pro v.10.0.18362 compilation 18362 Dell Latitude E5470...
  5. System locked external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System locked external hard drive: Hello, I locked the Pictures folder on my external hard drive using Windows (drive X for this purpose). I believe I used the Security tab on the folder and SYSTEM locked it...basically making it so that if that drive X was not connected to my PC, that folder was...
  6. External hard drive bitlocker issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive bitlocker issue: when i plugged into my Seagate external hard drive, i accidentally click bitlocker encryption button. Screen pop up and did a scan. I tried to hit the pause button and then power down my laptop. The bitlocker did not complete the scan and encryption. It was only 10 sec...
  7. My computer is locking me out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is locking me out: i dont even know what to do at this point my start button and search button dont open when i click them i cant right click them when i try to run any thing in the run box it says my computer isnt ready the only things i can open are some of my files and my command prompt....
  8. bitlocker will not let me lock a drive

bitlocker will not let me lock a drive: i have a few drives in my computer and my bitlocker will not let me encrypt drive 0 and i don't know why it does not show up in the bitlocker menu and the drive has the option greyed out in my computer why is this and how do I get it to stop i put in a screenshot of...
  9. bitlocker will not let me lock a drive

in Windows 10 Support
    bitlocker will not let me lock a drive: i have a few drives in my computer and my bitlocker will not let me encrypt drive 0 and i don't know why it does not show up in the bitlocker menu and the drive has the option greyed out in my computer why is this and how do I get it to stop i put in a screenshot of...
  10. external hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    external hard drive is locked: I add an external hard drive, Seagate Expansion Drive. I moved my Libraries, including my iTunes library and all the files, from my internal hard drive (c://). I now have several problems. A network path to this drive, appears to go through another external drive. E:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker drive is not demanding password

2. bitlocker locked me out