Windows 10: bitlocker locked my D: partition

Discus and support bitlocker locked my D: partition in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my windows 10-x64-2004 got loaded, so I fresh installed a new one using a bootable USB, by delete and recreate C: and related partitions from the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ahmadsamir11, Oct 8, 2020.

1. bitlocker locked my D: partition

my windows 10-x64-2004 got loaded,
    so I fresh installed a new one using a bootable USB,
    by delete and recreate C: and related partitions from the installation wizard

after the fresh windows is fully installed, I found that the D partition my personal data got locked by bitlocker and is not accessible

I tried recovering key from drive, or from cmd, or by printing the key into a pdf file .. but all what it gives me is not matched mostly it gives me for partition c which is the only readable

I ensured that secure boot is enabled UEFI settings, and through command prompt only executed the bootrec sequence of orders,, but of no help

I repeated the process of re-installing windows again,, this time when deleting the C: partition, selecting the D: partition gave the comment that the drive is locked by bitlocker

any help how can I access my files

:)

ahmadsamir11, Oct 8, 2020

2. Bitlocker lock partition D:\ in my PC

Dear team support,

This is Nguyen, I am an IT Vietnam, I need your support to resolve this problem with BitLocker.

We use Dell Vostro 5481 (windows 10 Home) but right now, my user cannot access partition D:\ on them PC.

Something is wrong in our PC, we are lost the key recovery of BitLocker. So we cannot open partition D:\

It was locked by Bitlocker. We cannot open partition D:\

We do not use the Mircosoft account sign to PC.

I search on the internet and try to open it. but there is no solution effective.

How to open it to take data for my user? Would you like to support me to fix this problem?

Please give us information about who can support us. I try to email Microsoft to support but I do not know the email address.

There is a picture of our problem.

bitlocker locked my D: partition 8d5d772b-0d3b-40f5-a995-1cbd0bd39ae3?upload=true.jpg

Thank you so much, everyone!

Nguyen Nguyen

IT HCM Viet Nam

email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Anh Nguyen 81, Oct 8, 2020
  3. locked partition D after reinstalling windows - encryption - bitlocker - do not have key

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern that the D drive got locked by BitLocker after clean installation of Windows 10.

Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are
    well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker recovery
    to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 8, 2020
  4. bitlocker locked my D: partition

Bitlocker lock partition D:\ in my PC

Dear Anthony,

I really happy when you support me.

I had tried many solutions to turn off it but is not effective.

I try to ask the user, but she does not sign in ID Mircosoft in this machine.

The machine Dell default is turn on Bitlocker services. Today, we have some problem, I think the machine lost the key recovery of Bitlocker, that the reason we cannot access partition D:\

We do not set up the Bitlocker, so we can not have the key recovery of this machine.

All the help will be highly appreciated!

Thank you Anthony with best regards!

Nguyen Nguyen

email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Anh Nguyen 81, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

bitlocker locked my D: partition

1. bitlocker locked my D: partition - Similar Threads - bitlocker locked partition

2. D Drive has been locked by bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D Drive has been locked by bitlocker: My D drive got locked by bitlocker and i don't have the recovery key or password. I have not set the bitlocker recovery key for my drive. The only recovery key I have is for my C drive on a flash drive. Can anyone help me with this....
  3. D Drive has been locked by bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D Drive has been locked by bitlocker: My D drive got locked by bitlocker and i don't have the recovery key or password. I have not set the bitlocker recovery key for my drive. The only recovery key I have is for my C drive on a flash drive. Can anyone help me with this....
  4. Accidentally deleted the whole drive, Partition D: was with bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally deleted the whole drive, Partition D: was with bitlocker: Hi all, I hope you doing well. I would like to get help about an accident because I almost got a heart attack. I wanted to format my laptop. Before that I sent all data do the Partition D: that was encrypted with Bitlocker. I alsosaved recovery key in any case. After...
  5. Bitlocker lock partition D:\ in my PC

Bitlocker lock partition D:\ in my PC: Dear team support, This is Nguyen, I am an IT Vietnam, I need your support to resolve this problem with BitLocker. We use Dell Vostro 5481 windows 10 Home but right now, my user cannot access partition D:\ on them PC. Something is wrong in our PC, we are lost the key...
  6. locked partition D after reinstalling windows - encryption - bitlocker - do not have key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    locked partition D after reinstalling windows - encryption - bitlocker - do not have key: i deleted the C: partition then re-created it to clean install windows 10 - build 1903 after which, i found that my D: partition has been locked and require a 48-digit key to be unlocked obviously, i did not do that encryption and i dont have the key and now iam stuck i...
  7. Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format: We are having some serious trouble with Bit locker. Recently, we decrypted one Desktop C (232 GB) and D Partition (231 GB) and it all went smooth, even restarted after the Decryption with no issues. But after the restart we found that D Partition was not able to access...
  8. Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format: We are having some serious trouble with Bit locker. Recently, we decrypted one Desktop C (232 GB) and D Partition (231 GB) and it all went smooth, even restarted after the Decryption with no issues. But after the restart we found that D Partition was not able to...
  9. Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password

Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password: suddenly bitlocker showing this error "bit locker encryption is not compatible woiht this version of windows and funny thing is that i never update the window, after that i have tried every thig but nothing works please tell me the M3 bitlocker recvoery softwware because...
  10. Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password

Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password: suddenly bitlocker showing this error "bit locker encryption is not compatible woiht this version of windows and funny thing is that i never update the window, after that i have tried every thig but nothing works please tell me the M3 bitlocker recvoery softwware because...