Windows 10: Bitlocker locked my drive

Discus and support Bitlocker locked my drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have enabled Bitlocker on one of the fixed SSD drives I have on my computer and when I turned on the computer this morning, I see that the drive has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AroshWijepala, Aug 12, 2023.

1. Bitlocker locked my drive

I have enabled Bitlocker on one of the fixed SSD drives I have on my computer and when I turned on the computer this morning, I see that the drive has been locked and it's asking me for the recovery password. I have unlocked but I would like to know what is causing Bilocker to lock the drive.

:)

AroshWijepala, Aug 12, 2023

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 12, 2023
  3. Bitlocker frequently locking computers

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately these suggestions don't really fit our needs. We want to use BitLocker and don't want to disable it. The problem we have is that it locks some of our computers from time to time. Ideally we will make use of BitLocker but not have it blocking our computers.

I have tried:

1. Turning off BitLocker
    2. Installing all Driver and Windows Updates
    3. Turning BitLocker back on again
    Maybe this will help. We will wait and see.

Macclad321, Aug 12, 2023
  4. mcraygsx Win User

Bitlocker locked my drive

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

As you can see BitLocker Option is not highlighted for selection. It's like Windows does not even recognize this drive as a locked drive. And this drive does contain lot of Data.

Bitlocker locked my drive QDhU4Ht.png

mcraygsx, Aug 12, 2023
Thema:

Bitlocker locked my drive

1. Bitlocker locked my drive - Similar Threads - Bitlocker locked drive

2. Bitlocker Drive locked !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Drive locked !!: I hope you're happy after locking my drive dear microsoft, I was a supporter of microsoft but now my drive is locked and I'm in other country for work and laptop is totally locked , by that Fu*king bitlocker. So I've purchased the laptop from offline physical market, and I'm...
  3. Bitlocker Drive locked !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Drive locked !!: I hope you're happy after locking my drive dear microsoft, I was a supporter of microsoft but now my drive is locked and I'm in other country for work and laptop is totally locked , by that Fu*king bitlocker. So I've purchased the laptop from offline physical market, and I'm...
  4. bitlocker locked my data drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker locked my data drive: i have problem with bitlocker on dell xps 13 9370 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-locked-my-data-drive/416803c0-2352-42f8-846e-b4ffd7893e35
  5. bitlocker locked my data drive

bitlocker locked my data drive: i have problem with bitlocker on dell xps 13 9370 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-locked-my-data-drive/416803c0-2352-42f8-846e-b4ffd7893e35
  6. bitlocker locked my data drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Bitlocker locked my drive

Bitlocker locked my drive: I have enabled Bitlocker on one of the fixed SSD drives I have on my computer and when I turned on the computer this morning, I see that the drive has been locked and it's asking me for the recovery password. I have unlocked but I would like to know what is causing Bilocker...
  8. My hard drive is locked with bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard drive is locked with bitlocker: As soon as I connected my Seagate hard drive to my laptop, the drive got encrypted with Bitlocker and I don't have a recovery key. I tried to reach out to Seagate and they told me it is done by your operating system contact Microsoft for the resolution.I am kind of stranded...
  9. My hard drive is locked with bitlocker

My hard drive is locked with bitlocker: As soon as I connected my Seagate hard drive to my laptop, the drive got encrypted with Bitlocker and I don't have a recovery key. I tried to reach out to Seagate and they told me it is done by your operating system contact Microsoft for the resolution.I am kind of stranded...
  10. My Drive is locked after Bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Drive is locked after Bitlocker encryption: Hello, I got a new Laptop Lenovo T490s running windows 10. After doing all the updates, I then run the Bitlocker encryption from command prompt. after which i restarted the Laptop. But now it wont boot, it get stuck at the boot menu screen I have tried booting on safe...