Windows 10: BitLocker locked my HDD by itself

Discus and support BitLocker locked my HDD by itself in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear team, I decided to reinstall my Asus VivoBook laptop with Windows 10. I have downloaded Microsoft Windows 10 installation/ Media Creation Tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LyubomiraGrozdanova, Jan 19, 2021.

1. BitLocker locked my HDD by itself

Dear team,

I decided to reinstall my Asus VivoBook laptop with Windows 10. I have downloaded Microsoft Windows 10 installation/ Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's website and installed in on my USB Drive. I have completed the new installation of windows. After that I've opened my computer and I saw that one of the Drives Volume D is locked. It is asking me for 48-digit password. I have entered my Microsoft account, but may be I haven't been signed into it, because there is no password for BitLocker in it.
    As it haven't asked me about saving any passwords during the installation - I don't have any recovery key/ password for my drive. How can I unlock my drive without loosing my information??? Looking forward to your reply!

Regards,
    Lyubomira

:)

LyubomiraGrozdanova, Jan 19, 2021

2. Bitlocker lock out of my HDD's

After the latest Windows Update I have found that all my eternal HDD's can't be opened due to Bitlocker. I have at least 6 of them and all are the same....Locked out.

What can I do to get rid of this evasive program and be able to use my HDD's? And not have it start again?

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks

SteveTurner1, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Mackereth Win User
    Bitlocker Paused Problem

I started encrypting a USB HDD and had to put BitLocker on pause at about 2% using the pause button. When I tried to continue Bitlocker says that the process is still paused and I can't get it to restart. The HDD is now locked with BitLocker. I have tried
    the commands suggested using the command prompt to disable it but just get an error message about being unable to access the drive. I am on a works pc and don't have admin rights. Is it possible to transfer the USB HDD to another PC and try the disable command
    or will it only work on the pc Bitlocker was started on?

Mackereth, Jan 19, 2021
  4. BitLocker locked my HDD by itself

Bitlocker locked on startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to try the step under the section "To unlock removable data drive" in the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

For further reference, ask OP to refer to the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/bitlocker-drive-encryption

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

BitLocker locked my HDD by itself

1. BitLocker locked my HDD by itself - Similar Threads - BitLocker locked HDD

2. My hdd being locked by bitlocker and I didn't have my recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hdd being locked by bitlocker and I didn't have my recovery key: My hdd being locked by bitlocker and I didn't have my recovery key anywhere either it being register to another email that install my windows or another email that I can't access it anymore...
  3. HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker: My HDD locks unexpectedly by it self with bitlocker and i always have to put in the passcode to unlock it but it will lock by itself every like 5secs. I cant even use my HDD anymore because of this. any reason why its doing this?...
  4. HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker

HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker: My HDD locks unexpectedly by it self with bitlocker and i always have to put in the passcode to unlock it but it will lock by itself every like 5secs. I cant even use my HDD anymore because of this. any reason why its doing this?...
  5. HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!: I had big problem with Bitlocker. When turning on, I got my laptop showing blue screen and asking for Bitlocker recovery key. I never activated Bitlocker at all. Then I tried to recover my Win 11 by USB boot in which I had to recover back to Win 10 then update it into Win...
  7. BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!

BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!: I had big problem with Bitlocker. When turning on, I got my laptop showing blue screen and asking for Bitlocker recovery key. I never activated Bitlocker at all. Then I tried to recover my Win 11 by USB boot in which I had to recover back to Win 10 then update it into Win...
  8. BitLocker locked my external hard drive by itself

BitLocker locked my external hard drive by itself: On several occasions, after removing an old drive, the drive gets locked by "Bitlocker" even though the user did not activate "Bitlocker" any solution? thx...
  9. BitLocker locked my external harddrive by itself 我被bitlocker LOCK住了外置硬碟

BitLocker locked my external harddrive by itself 我被bitlocker LOCK住了外置硬碟: Today, I got the note about the blackmail. Microsoft can you help me Q-Q??? lo there. You can also use https://translate.google.com/ I would like to tell you first I'm sorry about that. Your documents, files, database, most are in original places or some moved to your...
  10. bitlocker locked by itself on win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    bitlocker locked by itself on win 10: Now its says windows version not compatible with this version of encryption, I have already update BIOS, and winodws 10, drivers,, port also changed hard drive port now can somebuddy tell me how to decrypt my partition , I have to save my data, plz plz help me , how to...