Windows 10: Bitlocker Locked on Surface 3

Discus and support Bitlocker Locked on Surface 3 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Wondering how to get rid of Bitlocker on my tablet. I went to boot it up after charging and got the Bitlocker Recovery screen. I have never set up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kenjan82, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Kenjan82 Win User

Bitlocker Locked on Surface 3

Wondering how to get rid of Bitlocker on my tablet. I went to boot it up after charging and got the Bitlocker Recovery screen. I have never set up Bitlocker and honestly had never even heard of it until this happened. My Surface is for only my use and I’m the only one who has access to it.

I’ve checked my Microsoft account and it says the key isn’t saved but again not surprising since I wouldn’t know to save something I didn’t know existed. And in the case my Surface is one of the models that sets it up automatically then why is the supposed Microsoft Account save not working?

I’ve seen a lot of questions similar to mine but no answers on how to fix it. I’m really frustrated. I don’t want to lose all my data and my tablet which I depend on is now useless. If I can’t recover the key, is it at least possible to recover my data or reset the computer to an earlier date before Bitlocker encrypted my drive and log in that way?

:)

Kenjan82, Feb 9, 2020
  2. 舞神論 Win User

Locked by BitLocker on Surface Pro 3?

Hey guys,

I brought a two-hand Surface Pro 3 this days,

And add my Microsoft account, set in administrator,

then delete the original user with the original owner's help.

And used this SP3 for about one hour,normally.

Then, I'd want to recover my Suface Pro 3,

But it failed seems because the BitLocker on Drive C,

So I unlock it, with 10 minutes computing,

It's weird that it didn't asked me for any recover key.

Then I chose recover again, and it works.

Since it restart quickly and shows the recover progress on 40% in black-white screen,

I LEFT.

After i came back , it shuts down and wont let me start it anymore.

By the way, the power line is pluged. and the light is on.

I googled for help and tried these steps.

Press power button for 30s,

Press power button for 30s then press up volume and power button for 15s,

Plug recovery USB and press down volume and power button for 15s.

And none of them works.

Since I tried those steps,

the light of the power line seems to be flashed sometimes.

But still Nothing on screen.

Surface Logo , or something else.

NOTHING.

All my question is,

Will it locked by bitlocker in my case?

or it's just the issue of the power supply during my recovery job in coincidence?

By the way,

It's out of warranty since Feb,2016.

The only way I have,

is just spend over 10 thousands TWD for service?

or something i can do to wake up my SP3?

舞神論, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Locked by BitLocker on Surface Pro 3?

Hello,

I would like to inform that as it did not ask for recovery key at the time of Recovery. As you are facing Startup issue with Surface Pro 3, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the links below and check if it helps.

Surface won’t turn on, Windows won’t start, or the battery won’t charge

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...surface-wont-turn-on?os=windows-10&=undefined

Surface turns on, but Windows won’t start

Official Home of Microsoft Surface Computers, Laptops, PCs, 2-in-1’s & Devices – Microsoft Surface

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

BitLocker on Surface Pro 3 not working correctly

Hi JulianSchubert,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community

TPM will lock itself out after a few incorrect authentication attempts. These could be due to incorrect PIN entry for BitLocker or incorrect PIN entry for TPM virtual smartcard PIN. For TPM version 1.2, the lockout behavior depends
    on individual TPM manufacturer. For TPM 2.0, the specification states that the TPM will enter lockout after 32 incorrect attempts.

To terminate this BitLocker recovery loop, you need to suspend BitLocker within WinRE, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Step 1:

1. Choose the “Skip this drive” link at the bottom of the page where you are asked to enter the recovery key. You should be presented with a menu that will let you get to a command prompt (The sequence is Advanced
      options -> Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Command prompt).
    2. Once you have a command prompt,
      use the following command to check the BitLocker status of the C: drive:
      manage-bde -status c:

3. If the status is returned as locked, you’ll need to use the following command to unlock it using your recovery password:
      manage-bde -unlock c: -rp <your 48-digit recovery password>
    4. Once the drive is unlocked you'll need to use the following command to suspend protection:
      manage-bde -protectors -disable c:
    5. Then exit and reboot. The computer should now successfully boot Windows. Once there, use the BitLocker control panel to resume BitLocker protection.
    6. You can reset TPM lockout using
      tpm.msc
    Note: The recovery loop can occur for other reasons such as cases where TPM is disabled or malfunctions. You can still use the above steps to suspend BitLocker and boot Windows in such cases

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitlocker Locked on Surface 3 - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Locked Surface

2. Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update.: Hi,I am struggling to get through the bitlocker locked surface laptop 3. It happened all of a sudden after update and I never knew about bitlocker encryption. So now I do not have outlook email address that was used for login, which mean no bitlocker key. I tried everything...
  3. Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update.: Hi,I am struggling to get through the bitlocker locked surface laptop 3. It happened all of a sudden after update and I never knew about bitlocker encryption. So now I do not have outlook email address that was used for login, which mean no bitlocker key. I tried everything...
  4. Issues with sign in and bitlocker on updated surface 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with sign in and bitlocker on updated surface 3: I recently attempted to update my surface 3 from the windows 10 1501 build to the latest build. After encountering realtek usb driver issues I managed to finally get the update to finish. However, at the sign on screen clicking the sign in link for my account causes a blank...
  5. Surface pro locked with screen 'preparing bitlocker recovery'

Surface pro locked with screen 'preparing bitlocker recovery': Hello, Last week, my surface stopped syncing my one-note and told me that I was out of space, I deleted all folders on my surface and then it gave me the blue screen and said 'error. surface pro needed to restart'. After it restarted, I could not log back in. It kept...
  6. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...
  7. Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker

Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker: Hi I have been locked out of my Surface Go by Bitlocker. I know my Bitlocker key, but the next screen asks for an admin password that I don't have. I have tried my Microsoft password, but it isn't this. When I hit the 'forgotten your password' option, it just sends me right...
  8. BitLocker on Surface Pro 3 not working correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker on Surface Pro 3 not working correctly: Hi, when i turn on the BitLocker on my Surface Pro 3 and restart the device, I end up in a Loop where i constantly have to enter the recovery Key. The TPM says, that it's working correctly and I also re-installed the complete Windows. I also installed all Updates and Fixes....
  9. Surface bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface bitlocker: The battery on my surface pro went flat, and when I restarted it, the bitlocker screen came up. I see that you have to retrieve the key from the Microsoft account. When I signed in, I need to receive a verification code. However, my only option was an old email account that...
  10. The Surface family expands with the Surface 3

in Windows 10 News
    The Surface family expands with the Surface 3: vPto6XpRq-U Today, the Surface Team has announced their thinnest and lightest Surface yet: the Surface 3. The Surface 3 borrows a lot of awesomeness from its big brother the Surface Pro 3 – like its design and the use of premium materials – but is more compact at only...