Windows 10: Bitlocker Looping with Kmode Exception Not Handled error: Machine refuses to start in Safe Mode

Discus and support Bitlocker Looping with Kmode Exception Not Handled error: Machine refuses to start in Safe Mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The following is a sequence of events that I have run through many times in the past 24 hours I switch on, I input my Bitlocker password Machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Simon_SL, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Simon_SL Win User

Bitlocker Looping with Kmode Exception Not Handled error: Machine refuses to start in Safe Mode

The following is a sequence of events that I have run through many times in the past 24 hours

1. I switch on,
    2. I input my Bitlocker password
    3. Machine detects there is a problem and "Prepare to Auto Repair" itself and presumably tries to do a repair
    4. BSOD : Your PC Ran Into A Problem (Kmode Exception Not Handled) and Needs to Re-Start. We'll restart for you
    5. Cycles back to the Bitlocker Input page

Various forums state that the issue is out of date drivers requiring I re-start in Safe Mode. Assuming this to be correct I've tried the two recommended options of pressing F8 during Boot-Up and Doing multiple re-starts to get into Safe-Mode. Neither has worked

Help?

:)

Simon_SL, Oct 1, 2019
  2. kkempker Win User

BSOD with KMODE Exception not handle, no driver listed

Hey all

I have a couple Dell laptops here, both are Latitude E6540 with identical specs. Both laptops we had at work and at Windows 10 with no issues.

I formatted both and reinstalled Win 7 pro, used the Dell Command Update to update the BIOS, video drivers (AMD and Intel both) and a couple other items that I can't remember. Using Windows 7 works fine, no issues. I then upgraded to Win 10 and that's when I start to have issues. After it completes the upgrade and I'm at the desktop, I start to get the BSOD and the KMODE Exception not handle with no driver listed. It then reboots, then repeats the BSOD and KMODE Exception not handle in a loop. I can get into safe mode however.

Can I run the collector program in safe mode?

TIA

kkempker, Oct 1, 2019
  3. SGASKS Win User
    Interrupt Exception Not Handled and Kmode Exception Not Handled error, in a loop

I have been facing this very annoying problem when my laptop crashes abruptly either with "Interrupt Mode Exception Not Handled" or "Kmode Exception Not Handled" and this goes on in a loop. At a whim, it successfully boots to windows but crashes again with
    either of the above errors. I have restored my windows after which the problem reduced (not disappear) allowing me to get some work done sporadically but the problem has resurface with full vengeance rendering my laptop useless over the last couple of days.

My laptop (specs below) came with Windows 8.1 but I successfully upgraded to Win 10 without any hiccups. I had no issues for several months but this problem has been plaguing my laptop since February. I can't recollect exactly when was the first time this
    problem surfaced but am confident this was after I updated the Nvidia driver to the latest version after being prompted by the Nvidia software.

Please let me know how I can fix this very annoying problem.

Laptop Specs:

Model- Dell Inspiron 14 5848

Processor- 5th Generation Intel Core i7-5 500U Processor (4M Cache, up t o 3.00 GHz)Full specs can be accessed on Onedrive: Inspiron5458_53KZ062_Components.csv

OP - Interrupt Exception Not Handled and Kmode Exception Not Handled in Loop

SGASKS, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Bitlocker Looping with Kmode Exception Not Handled error: Machine refuses to start in Safe Mode

Interrupt Exception Not Handled and Kmode Exception Not Handled error, in a loop

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

The error code Interrupt Mode Exception Not Handled and Kmode Exception Not Handled indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

I suggest you try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Download and install the latest firmware driver form the manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Update all the system drivers.

Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

For more information, refer to the below link:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker Looping with Kmode Exception Not Handled error: Machine refuses to start in Safe Mode

1. Bitlocker Looping with Kmode Exception Not Handled error: Machine refuses to start in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Looping Kmode

2. kmode exception not handled boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kmode exception not handled boot loop: Hi,I was trying to clone my system to new SSD with Samsung data migration tool, but it crushed. After restarting system I get kmode exception not handled. When trying to run MBR/GTP the same. Trying to boot from USB, the same...I've set USB as only boot option to be sure I'm...
  3. kmode exception not handled boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kmode exception not handled boot loop: Hi,I was trying to clone my system to new SSD with Samsung data migration tool, but it crushed. After restarting system I get kmode exception not handled. When trying to run MBR/GTP the same. Trying to boot from USB, the same...I've set USB as only boot option to be sure I'm...
  4. kmode exception not handled boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 11 boot loop no access to safe mode KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 boot loop no access to safe mode KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hi,I used an app that auto updates drivers to the most current version.After restart I'm stuck with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, I read up on it and realised that it's definitely a driver issue after using the app mentioned above.Problem is, I can't boot into safe mode, nor...
  6. Win 11 boot loop no access to safe mode KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 boot loop no access to safe mode KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hi,I used an app that auto updates drivers to the most current version.After restart I'm stuck with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, I read up on it and realised that it's definitely a driver issue after using the app mentioned above.Problem is, I can't boot into safe mode, nor...
  7. kmode exception not handled error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    kmode exception not handled error: Hi, My laptop suddenly got BSOD with "kmode exception not handled" error, and has produced the minidump. Please help me to check what error that i got. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMpO4Exk_-X9LsQHTCI2B8FFM7Os8ng-/view?usp=sharing Thanks...
  8. KMode exception not handled boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KMode exception not handled boot loop: I have been having KMode exception not handled boot loops after updating to 20H2 and I don't have anything to system restore to. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  9. Kmode exception not handled - Error even occurs in safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kmode exception not handled - Error even occurs in safe mode: The main issue getting the bluescreen "kmode exception not handled." I get a stuck in a boot loop where as soon as the login screen appears, the blue screen will happened and my computer will crash and reboot. This even occurs when I try to boot into safe mode. I'm currently...
  10. Kmode exception not handled error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kmode exception not handled error: Am I the only one getting this? Every time I boot my PC, without fail. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it including resetting the PC. I've had this PC for less than 2 months. This issue started last night and it was running fine previous to this. I have no idea...