Windows 10: BitLocker made computer unusable (slow)

Discus and support BitLocker made computer unusable (slow) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I enabled BitLocker last night. The computer understandably went incredibly slowly because of the heavy disk utilization while it was encrypting my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vaindil, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Vaindil Win User

BitLocker made computer unusable (slow)

I enabled BitLocker last night. The computer understandably went incredibly slowly because of the heavy disk utilization while it was encrypting my drives. I let it run overnight, but this morning it still hadn't completed my boot SSD (120GB). My SSHD data drive (1TB) completed just fine. The SSD was at 85.4% complete at 10am, and at 1pm that had gone to 85.6%.

The computer is so slow as to be unusable. I managed to get a program installed (took an hour and a half) to check the SSD, it reported no problems. Windows system log shows no errors other than a TON of services that won't start. Task Manager shows no heavy use of any resource.

What could be the problem? Why is it taking so long to encrypt my SSD, and why is the computer unusable when supposedly no resource is being heavily utilized?

:)

Vaindil, Mar 8, 2016
  2. Jasonut Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update... slow internet.

I have the same issues and trying to find a solution.

Creators Update has made my PC terribly slow.

1. Slow to boot

2. It freezes randomly.

3. Programs slow to load.

4. I started getting BSOD's

Computer worked flawlessly prior to this update.

I even formatted the computer and completed clean install. Still slow. Still freezes. However, I don't get BSOD's anymore.

PC is so slow with Creator update it is unusable.

Jasonut, Mar 8, 2016
  3. Windows 10 made computer unusable

I downloaded the Windows 10 operating system my computer freezes and is not responsive when I click on any file to open. The start up is very slow and I can't do anything on my computer anymore.

LibbyMadge, Mar 8, 2016
Thema:

BitLocker made computer unusable (slow)

1. BitLocker made computer unusable (slow) - Similar Threads - BitLocker made computer

2. October 2023 Windows Update made computer unusable and slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    October 2023 Windows Update made computer unusable and slow: October 11 2023 update to a Windows 10 on a laptop: Laptop is crippled.It is now so slow and so bad, I am not sure but I might have to go purchase a new laptop.This was lightening fast, yesterday, before the update.Latest update seems to be KB5001716 KB5031356...
  3. October 2023 Windows Update made computer unusable and slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    October 2023 Windows Update made computer unusable and slow: October 11 2023 update to a Windows 10 on a laptop: Laptop is crippled.It is now so slow and so bad, I am not sure but I might have to go purchase a new laptop.This was lightening fast, yesterday, before the update.Latest update seems to be KB5001716 KB5031356...
  4. October 2023 Windows Update made computer unusable and slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable: "Feature update 20H2 has left my computer almost unusable. It had left it in a state were it would not allow me to log on. I was able to uninstall that failed update to go back to the previous successful update but it now takes about 10 minutes for my taskbar to load and some...
  6. Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable: "Feature update 20H2 has left my computer almost unusable. It had left it in a state were it would not allow me to log on. I was able to uninstall that failed update to go back to the previous successful update but it now takes about 10 minutes for my taskbar to load and some...
  7. Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable

8. Removed screen time, made computer unusable

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removed screen time, made computer unusable: Hi, I use windows 10 and i gave my kids screen time. I proceeded to remove it but it still asks to send an time request. The vocabulary used may not be exactly the same since we are using Windows 10 in French When I select send time request, it tells me that « An error has...
  9. Windows update made computer unusable

Windows update made computer unusable: Windows did an update last night and now I can't use the computer. It will start with the splash screen of the computer name then say it is "diagnosing your PC" then goes to a blue screen that says "Automatic repair" saying it did not start correctly and gives the option to...
  10. KB4100347 Update Made Computer Unusable!

KB4100347 Update Made Computer Unusable!: My wife's work computer just did an update and now nothing works. It has slowed everything down and we can't pull anything up as it takes forever. It has also slowed our internet after it was installed. Please help! She has to use it for work!!!! Trying to lauch programs...
Tags: