Windows 10: Bitlocker - Motherboard dead.

Discus and support Bitlocker - Motherboard dead. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know how can I recover data from external SSD. Recently, my Dell laptop's dead due to motherboard burnout. My warranty has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by N PTun, Jan 31, 2021.

1. N PTun Win User

Bitlocker - Motherboard dead.

Hi,

I would like to know how can I recover data from external SSD.

Recently, my Dell laptop's dead due to motherboard burnout.

My warranty has been rejected and they quoted me the price of motherboard which is more than buying a new laptop.

Anyway...

I decided to recover data from SSD and I bought external enclosure.

But SSD is locked with Bitlocker and I don't have any 48 digits recovery key.

I didn't save it in OneDrive, and text file is inside that SSD.

My question is how can I get data from that SSD.

All I know is windows password from that SSD.

Thank you.

:)

N PTun, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Bitlocker - Motherboard dead.

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker - Motherboard dead.

1. Bitlocker - Motherboard dead. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Motherboard dead

2. how to move win11 license from dead motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to move win11 license from dead motherboard: Googling I read that I can uninstall retail win11, then install on another system. However, the motherboard is dead, so cannot uninstall. Can I just delete it from my Microsoft account similar to deleting one of my 365 family shares?Is this explained better somewhere? I...
  3. Transfer Upgraded Windows 10 From Dead Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Upgraded Windows 10 From Dead Motherboard: Hello everyone,First, I tried to find an answer to my specific issue but I was not able to find one, so I apologize if this is repeated. I had an 11 years old PC that its motherboard died. I had a store-bought Windows 7 Ultimate installed that I eventually upgraded to Windows...
  4. Transfer Upgraded Windows 10 From Dead Motherboard

Transfer Upgraded Windows 10 From Dead Motherboard: Hello everyone,First, I tried to find an answer to my specific issue but I was not able to find one, so I apologize if this is repeated. I had an 11 years old PC that its motherboard died. I had a store-bought Windows 7 Ultimate installed that I eventually upgraded to Windows...
  5. Bitlocker + Motherboard change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker + Motherboard change: Due to a motherboard change, Windows 10 is booting into Bitlocker. But we never set a password nor a recovery key. How can this be disabled and boot normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-motherboard-change/cdf819d7-e32a-4f72-b4e4-2324ea137482
  6. Bitlocker + Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker + Motherboard change: Due to a motherboard change, Windows 10 is booting into Bitlocker. But we never set a password nor a recovery key. How can this be disabled and boot normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-motherboard-change/cdf819d7-e32a-4f72-b4e4-2324ea137482
  7. Bitlocker + Motherboard change

8. replaced dead motherboard and now i can't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    replaced dead motherboard and now i can't boot: I had a cup of tea get spilled into my desktop and kill it yesterday. I replaced the motherboard b450 tomahawk with a b450 tomahawk max 2 and it's turning on fine internal LEDs and fans work. When I plug it into a monitor and boot it, it says that it's preparing automatic...
  9. Windows Activation - Transfer windows from dead motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation - Transfer windows from dead motherboard: Hey, so a little while ago my motherboard died on me, and it seems that my copy of windows wasn't added to my Microsoft account even though my old PC shows up in my profile, so I've been stuck with the activate windows shadow for a bit. Is there any way I can talk to a rep...
  10. Bitlocker and motherboard replacement

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker and motherboard replacement: About a week ago my laptop wouldn't power on. After troubleshooting, it was determined by Dell that the motherboard was bad and it would need to be replaced. When I sent my laptop off to Dell, about a week later I received it back. Now I can not work. I have a Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. b450 tomahawk remove encryption windows 10