Windows 10: BitLocker nag, PIN funtcion corrupted, password forgotten, recovery usb not created

Discus and support BitLocker nag, PIN funtcion corrupted, password forgotten, recovery usb not created in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I created a disk image of my laptop upon receiving it after booting it to the Windows 11 pre-installed system. When I now have recovered the image, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Scott AS, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Scott AS Win User

BitLocker nag, PIN funtcion corrupted, password forgotten, recovery usb not created

I created a disk image of my laptop upon receiving it after booting it to the Windows 11 pre-installed system. When I now have recovered the image, it seems to work, but throws me into the BitLocker recovery screen. I can enter the code and pass this to the PIN login. It tells me there is no PIN and won't allow me to set on up. Going into the login options I choose password and none of my passwords work. When I attempt to reset password the system asks for a USB key drive, which I never made... I have another identical laptop that my wife uses. can I use her laptop to create this usb key? and

:)

Scott AS, Mar 26, 2023
  2. Dukewayne Win User

bitlocker password?

I have the Recovery Key but that is not the problem. I have no bitlocker password - not lost or forgotten; it was never created. Sounds like you're suggesting I turn off bitlocker and just turn on again.

Dukewayne, Mar 26, 2023
  3. Is there anyway to remove bitlocker from my external harddisk ?

Hi LakshanSandeepa,

well try these steps below

Reset a forgotten BitLocker PIN/password

If you cannot log on to your computer because you have forgotten your PIN, password, or USB key, you need a recovery key. To request a recovery key:

1. Restart your computer and press the Esc key in the BitLocker logon screen.
    2. In the BitLocker recovery screen, find the Recovery key ID.
      The Recovery key ID is displayed for a short time. To display it again, you must restart the computer.
    3. Contact your administrator and give them the Recovery key ID.
      Your administrator needs to find the recovery key to your computer in the Sophos SafeGuard Management Center and give you the key.
    4. In the BitLocker recovery screen, enter the recovery key.
      You can now start your computer.
    As soon as you are logged on to the system again, specify new BitLocker credentials. Depending on your operating system, a dialog for the credential reset is displayed. If this dialog does not appear automatically, right-click the Sophos SafeGuard icon in
    the taskbar, select Reset BitLocker credentials and follow the on-screen instructions.

In addition : How to Unlock BitLocker Drive Without Password & Recovery Key?

Linvincible, Mar 26, 2023
  4. KirubaP Win User

BitLocker nag, PIN funtcion corrupted, password forgotten, recovery usb not created

bitlocker password forgotten

i forgot my bitlocker password i forgot to extract the bitlocker recovery key after changing the password i have only old recovery key how do i unlock my bitlocker

KirubaP, Mar 26, 2023
Thema:

1. BitLocker nag, PIN funtcion corrupted, password forgotten, recovery usb not created - Similar Threads - BitLocker nag PIN

2. Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN: My daughter powered off the pc mid-update and it will no longer boot to desktop. I have tried the various recovery options to use system restore / uninstall latest update etc but they all ask for a password instead of the PIN that I have been using for several years and I...
  3. Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN: My daughter powered off the pc mid-update and it will no longer boot to desktop. I have tried the various recovery options to use system restore / uninstall latest update etc but they all ask for a password instead of the PIN that I have been using for several years and I...
  4. Forgotten PIN and expired password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten PIN and expired password: Dear all,As a non-professional user,I use a HP ELITE FOLIO with Windows 11 PRO.I was noticed earlier today my password has expired and needs to be renewed.To do so, I have to fill PIN code to use admin profil.Unfortunatly, I don't remember to have fill any PIN code while...
  5. Forgotten PIN and expired password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotten PIN and expired password: Dear all,As a non-professional user,I use a HP ELITE FOLIO with Windows 11 PRO.I was noticed earlier today my password has expired and needs to be renewed.To do so, I have to fill PIN code to use admin profil.Unfortunatly, I don't remember to have fill any PIN code while...
  6. BitLocker nag, PIN funtcion corrupted, password forgotten, recovery usb not created

BitLocker nag, PIN funtcion corrupted, password forgotten, recovery usb not created: I created a disk image of my laptop upon receiving it after booting it to the Windows 11 pre-installed system. When I now have recovered the image, it seems to work, but throws me into the BitLocker recovery screen. I can enter the code and pass this to the PIN login. It...
  7. Forgotten USB Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten USB Password: I am trying to log into my USB Stick for some important files but I have forgotten the Password, how do I go about resetting the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-usb-password/67e6cbb0-e9a6-43e9-bf54-74af5f7af67e
  8. Forgotten USB Password

Forgotten USB Password: I am trying to log into my USB Stick for some important files but I have forgotten the Password, how do I go about resetting the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-usb-password/67e6cbb0-e9a6-43e9-bf54-74af5f7af67e
  9. Forgotten USB Password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. bitlocker password forgotten

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker password forgotten: i forgot my bitlocker password i forgot to extract the bitlocker recovery key after changing the password i have only old recovery key how do i unlock my bitlocker...