Windows 10: Bitlocker Network Unlock - DHCP/PXE Question

Discus and support Bitlocker Network Unlock - DHCP/PXE Question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We are rolling out Network Unlock for Bitlocker on Win10 Enterprise machines. Clients are on VLAN1 DHCP Server is on VLAN10 WDS Server is on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SJMP, Nov 26, 2018.

1. SJMP Win User

Bitlocker Network Unlock - DHCP/PXE Question

We are rolling out Network Unlock for Bitlocker on Win10 Enterprise machines.

Clients are on VLAN1

DHCP Server is on VLAN10

WDS Server is on VLAN10

WDS and DHCP are on different servers.

Everything looks correct. Clients are getting the Certificate from GPO. Subnet BDE file has been created.

Clients are UEFI and correct - protectors TPMandPIN have been installed.

From WDS we can verify the cert in the cert store "certutil.exe -verifystore FVENKP"

From client we can verify the cert and protectors "manage-bde -protectors -get C:"

Our switching fabric uses IP helpers for DHCP which is working correctly.

But we still get the prompt for PIN.

I have enabled Debug logging for WDS Server. I am getting an error,

[WDSServer] [base\eco\wds\wdsmgmt\src\wdsdirectoryservicesusepolicy.cpp:306] Expression: , Win32 Error=0x2

Have not found what this error means.

Do I need to configure anything on DHCP server clients to communicate w. WDS server during boot to bypass PIN?

or

Do I need to configure anything on WDS server for DHCP?

Client can communicate w/ DHCP and WDS server -> network access is good.

From MS Docs on Bitlocker Network Unlock. I am assuming the issues is on phase 3&4 of the unlock process.

Any help on troubleshooting to ID the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SJMP

:)

2. BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Brian Cab Win User
    My question is about bitlocker.

Hi,

To address your concern, You can try unlocking the hard drives through the elevated command prompt by following the steps below.

Unlock Drive using a Password

• Open command prompt as administrator.
    • Type the commands below. You will not be able to see the password while typing it in.
    manage-bde -unlock D: -password (for the D drive)

manage-bde -unlock F: -password (for the F drive)

3. Hit Enter key after typing in each command.

Unlock Drive using the Bitlocker Recovery Key

• Open command prompt as administrator.
    • Type the commands below.
    manage-bde -unlock D: -rp BitLocker Recovery Key (for the D drive)

manage-bde -unlock F: -rp BitLocker Recovery Key (for the F drive)

3. Hit Enter key after typing in each command.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Bitlocker Network Unlock - DHCP/PXE Question

BitLocker Network Unlock Surface Pro 4

Hi Simon,

What Windows 10 edition does your Surface Pro 4 on? Basically, Bitlocker is available on Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions. To learn more on how to enable Network Unlock in Windows 10, please check out this
    link.

In case you need further assistance, we suggest that you post it in Microsoft TechNet as this matter is best handled by their
    level of support and expertise.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker Network Unlock - DHCP/PXE Question

1. Bitlocker Network Unlock - DHCP/PXE Question - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Network Unlock

2. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  3. Unlock Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlock Bitlocker: I am trying to clone my computer to IDrive so I can wipe my computer and reinstall Windows 11. Hopefully that will clear up some issues I am having with my computer. It can't backup because files are bitlocked.I didn't know I had bitlocker but apparently I do. I went through...
  4. Unlock Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock Bitlocker: I am trying to clone my computer to IDrive so I can wipe my computer and reinstall Windows 11. Hopefully that will clear up some issues I am having with my computer. It can't backup because files are bitlocked.I didn't know I had bitlocker but apparently I do. I went through...
  5. Unlocking Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlocking Bitlocker: Hi all I found this article on here , is this still the most update and easiest method to unlock bitlocker? I only want to partition a drive so that that data and apps are separate. If I do partition should I locked both drives after or is bitlocker only for the system drive?...
  6. bitlocker unlock

bitlocker unlock: my laptop is asking to unlock the drive using bitlocker recoery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-unlock/52f11a10-ba88-4fed-b829-bf4cf22b6746
  7. Bitlocker unlock

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker unlock: Who [IMG]to unlock drive c and lock drive c. Unlock bitloker plz help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-unlock/7a7981f8-ea23-4c86-88be-230c9e2838d2
  8. Bitlock unlock?

Bitlock unlock?: I'm just wondering what this is for on Bitlocker (unlock)? How do you use it? [img] 155432
  9. Bitlock unlock?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlock unlock?: I'm just wondering what this is for on Bitlocker (unlock)? How do you use it? [img] 155432
  10. DHCP question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DHCP question: What does it mean when it's said, "set your IP addresses as reserved (fixed) IP addresses outside of the routers DHCP address pool?" I have an Asus RT-AC87U and have set up a few devices for static IP's but I'm not sure which addresses would be considered outside of the DHCP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BitLocker Network Unlock linux servet

2. dhcp bitlocker

3. bitlocker network unlock dhcp

4. bitlocker network unlock 3rd party dhcp,
  5. bitlocker network unlock IP helper,
  6. network unlock dhcp failure