Windows 10: Bitlocker no longer works on Suface Book.

Discus and support Bitlocker no longer works on Suface Book. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My wife has a Surface Book laptop on which we have always run BitLocker. Several months ago the laptop began prompting for the BitLocker key each time... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bazsl1, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Bazsl1 Win User

Bitlocker no longer works on Suface Book.

My wife has a Surface Book laptop on which we have always run BitLocker. Several months ago the laptop began prompting for the BitLocker key each time it was powered on. If it was powered off then on again it would start normally. This happened every day when the laptop was powered on. I turned Bit Locker off, waited until the drive decrypted, reset the TPM and reencrypted the drive. After that the Surface Book powered on normally for several month. Now it has started prompting for the BitLocker key every time it is powered on again and, as before, if it is powered off and powered on a second time it starts normally.

Enough is enough. Apparently there is something wrong with the system and BitLocker is no longer usable. The best alternative I am aware of is to use EFS to encrypt the Users folder and all of its subfolders. I would prefer to use BitLocker since it is faster and more secure than EFS but if BitLocker will not work reliably on this Surface Book it is unusable. I have two questions.

1 Is there any way to fix the BitLocker problem permanently?

2 If the answer to 1 is no, is there a better solution than encrypting the Users folder with EFS?

Thanks.

:)

Bazsl1, Feb 19, 2020
  2. vishnu47 Win User

Where can I fin the bitlocker key to Suface Pro 3?

* Original Title: bitlocker

Where can I fin the bitlocker key to Suface Pro 3? It looks like the bitlocker key was not saved with the registration.

vishnu47, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Suface Book specification on battery-operated pen

Original title: Suface Book Pen

I am excited about the upcoming surface Book. However, it has a battery-operated pen. My experience with these was that they didn't operate for very long. Given that I use pen input almost exclusively, that was a bummer for me. Does someone know:

• how long the pen's charge lasts on average?
    • if the pen's battery (My father and I assume it to be a AAAA-size one.) is rechargeable?
    • if the eraser at the top (by flipping the pen) works globally (e.g., with Tablet PC Input Panel and Office 2016 for the desktop) or if it works only with the Metro OneNote interface?
    Notes:

• I have used N-trig's technology
      only once
      thus far.
    • I hope that the pen experience on the Surface Book is better. At $3,199 apiece, the purchase of a Surface Bock would be quite disappointing if I have to charge my pen every 5 minutes (as an example) (if it is rechargeable). If Best Buy and / or Staples
      gets a floor model in, that might be beneficial for testing the pen input.

Weird Odd Wodd, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Alicia J Win User

How do I get Outlook 2010 to export the correct address book

I have three options listed in Outlook when I try to export a CSV contact list from the address book.. Myself, another person, and the 'Outlook Data File'. I am the default person.

When you open the address book, the choice that has the current contacts is my name-contacts. When you go to the export file section, it is called suggested contacts. If I export this file and open it in excel, it shows names and street addresses with no email address listed. There are also names in the file that are no longer in my address book.

How do I get the address book to export the current list from my address book, and how do I get the excel file to show the email address?

Alicia J, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitlocker no longer works on Suface Book. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker longer works

2. Bitlocker Recovery on Lenovo Yoga Book

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery on Lenovo Yoga Book: Hello,I was restarting my PC because I noticed my personal OneDrive wasn't syncing at all and instead of being taken to a login screen I was hit with a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never set or enabled this on my computer and I was wondering if people had any input how I...
  3. Bitlocker Recovery on Lenovo Yoga Book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery on Lenovo Yoga Book: Hello,I was restarting my PC because I noticed my personal OneDrive wasn't syncing at all and instead of being taken to a login screen I was hit with a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never set or enabled this on my computer and I was wondering if people had any input how I...
  4. Surface book bitlock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface book bitlock: Get rid of bitlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-bitlock/07b906b4-91cb-4907-b351-c2c1ed5ac136
  5. Suface pen compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suface pen compatibility: I'm in a bit of dilemma here, I've just purchased an Avita Magus II, which is essentially just a Microsoft Surface, but with a few budget cuts here and there for a more affordable price. I bought it with the intent of using it as a drawing tool, however, the active stylus...
  6. Connect Sony Headset WF-1000XM3 to Microsoft Suface Book 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect Sony Headset WF-1000XM3 to Microsoft Suface Book 3: Hello I trying to connect my Sony Headset WF-1000XM3 to Microsoft Suface Book 3 but the headset does not even show on the list of bluetooth devices. I get no information about the headset when I want to add the in the setting section. Headset is sending bluetooth signal....
  7. Surface Book prompts for Bitlocker key on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book prompts for Bitlocker key on startup: My Surface Book 1 running Win 10 Pro with all updates installed has started prompting for the Bit Locker key when it is powered on. If I power off and on again it boots without prompting for the Bit Locker key. What causes this? Is there a fix? It is very annoying. Thanks....
  8. Microsft Suface laptop/Tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsft Suface laptop/Tablet: If I buy a Microsoft Surface Laptop/Tablet Can I install other Operating Systems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-suface-laptoptablet/60a26185-4d8b-4c97-8542-bf23a907f4e6
  9. Suface Book Display/Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suface Book Display/Freezing: Wow, I wrote this big paragraph about how my display was messing up and... wow, it all got deleted. Ugh. Ok, I'll rewrite what I said and make it quick so hopefully this won't happen again before I can post my problem. Hi everyone! Please help me with my computer :( My...
  10. Bitlocker on Suface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker on Suface Pro 4: Hi Please assist to retrieve my bit locker pin I have the recovery key but don't know how to use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-on-suface-pro-4/4cecb915-37b3-42aa-802e-f29029732686