Windows 10: Bitlocker not able to unlock even on latest Windows 10 version 1903

Discus and support Bitlocker not able to unlock even on latest Windows 10 version 1903 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Bitlocker turned on by itself. When unlocking an error stating an incompatible version of Windows but I am already on the latest version 10, 1903.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CeciliaChu, May 15, 2020.

1. Bitlocker not able to unlock even on latest Windows 10 version 1903

Bitlocker turned on by itself. When unlocking an error stating an incompatible version of Windows but I am already on the latest version 10, 1903. What else should I do?

:)

CeciliaChu, May 15, 2020

2. BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 15, 2020
  3. mcraygsx Win User
    Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

I used a Bitlocker in Windows 8 PRO to Lock my Internal SATA Drive. I have formatted my PC twice in past and I was able to unlock it after each fresh installation of Windows 8.

But Recently I did a fresh Installation of Windows using same Software and CDKEY. This time I did upgraded to Windows 8.1 including all the latest patches.
    Problem is When I click on my Drive, Windows give me the message " DO YOU WANT TO FORM IT" When I do click Cancel. I do the following message "The
    volume does not contain a recognized file system....."
    Here is the screenshot of error message
    Imgur

Disk management shows a healthy Drive:
    Imgur

I have done fresh installation of windows several times before but never had this issue. I was always able to restore security settings and unlock my drive using BITLOCKER.

I have tried to unlock the drive with just Windows 8 pro and the problem persists.

Additional Info:
    - Control Panel > BitLocker, Software no longer shows my drive under it.
    - Hardware specs remain the same before or after the issue.

Any tech support would be great.

mcraygsx, May 15, 2020
  4. Viruzz Win User

Bitlocker not able to unlock even on latest Windows 10 version 1903

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker not able to unlock even on latest Windows 10 version 1903

1. Bitlocker not able to unlock even on latest Windows 10 version 1903 - Similar Threads - Bitlocker able unlock

2. Windows 10 version 1903 wont update to the latest version!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1903 wont update to the latest version!: Hello, i been stuck at windows version 1903 OS build 18362.1256 for two years already. i have tried all sorts of solutions youtube has to offer but i am still unable to update it, the common errors it gives me inlucdes :::Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 - Error...
  3. My computer is not able to update to Windows 10, version 1903.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is not able to update to Windows 10, version 1903.: It has tried many times. It downloads and backs out. This time it says it has downloaded 85%. Now I do not see my desktop icons and the start symbol does not respond. I tried to do another Windows update , and it says I have to restart. After 4 restarts and one Sign off...
  4. Bitlocker drive encryption: update latest version of windows to unlock your drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker drive encryption: update latest version of windows to unlock your drive.: My Laptop was running smoothly and suddenly shutdown automatically. When I turn on the laptop I found that E drive is protected by Bitlocker while I didn't activated Bitlocker. I try to open E drive it shows a message: "The BitLocker encryption on this drive is not compatible...
  5. Unlocker 1.9.2 Download Latest Version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlocker 1.9.2 Download Latest Version: Unlocker 2020 Download Latest Version [ATTACH] DOWNLOAD NOW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlocker-192-download-latest-version/156510a7-f4b1-499a-a8e0-619a86d29f4d
  6. Windows 10 version 1903 and no longer able to scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 version 1903 and no longer able to scan: after being forced to update windows 10 to version1903, my brother mfc-L8610cdw device will no longer scan. it will print only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1903-and-no-longer-able-to-scan/959d0905-25ea-4c3f-a1ab-6ed3fb709155
  7. Night Light not working in Windows 10 latest version (1903)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Night Light not working in Windows 10 latest version (1903): We have found two temporary solutions to the problem: 1. Turn off Quick Start; 2. Or restart once immediately after each power on; After doing so, Night Light function going well until shutdown. I hope Microsoft can solve this problem fundamentally as soon as...
  8. Window 10 latest update problem on version 1903

Window 10 latest update problem on version 1903: I have found out that after the update having problem sign in then need to change password two times still not able, last turn off the pc and on again then able to open window 10 using 6 digit pin code. Window 10 normal start up. As go through the app under photos and video...
  9. Reserved Storage disable In Windows 10 Latest Version 1903

Reserved Storage disable In Windows 10 Latest Version 1903: Hi There! I just upgraded My Windows 10 to latest version 1903,Basically installed fresh. I have 32 GB SSD on which windows is installed . And With New Feature added in Win 10 that is Reserved storage for updates etc, It has taken 7.21 Gb of my system space and i have just...
  10. Latest news on Windows Autopilot for Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Latest news on Windows Autopilot for Windows 10 version 1903: Windows Autopilot is designed to change the way organizations deploy Windows devices. With the availability of Windows 10, version 1903, we have introduced additional capabilities to make that process even better. First, there is the new Windows Autopilot white glove...