Windows 10: Bitlocker not accepting correct pin

Discus and support Bitlocker not accepting correct pin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the subject indicates, my HP 15 core i7 has its main **** drive encrypted with Bitlocker as this is required by my institution. However, suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bonginkosi Shozi, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Bitlocker not accepting correct pin

As the subject indicates, my HP 15 core i7 has its main **** drive encrypted with Bitlocker as this is required by my institution. However, suddenly today it is no longer accepting what I am certain is the correct PIN and I get a "Too Many Pin Attempts" error message.

:)

Bonginkosi Shozi, Oct 20, 2021

2. Bitlocker Pin is not accepted first time.

Hi,

We are adding a number of new HP PCs to our domain and have bitlocker enabled. When the bitlocker enter pin number screen appears we input the correct pin number and press enter. We then get the bitlocker recovery
    screen. We then select enter to continue. The machine restarts, we get the enter bitlocker pin screen again. We enter the pin and then it works and lets us in to Windows. The problem we have is it will
    not accept the correct pin first time, only on the second attempt. It does this on all the machines so far apart from the original machine we took the image from. The machines are identical in every way as we have checked.

Any ideas of why it does not work first time we enter the pin number but does second time? We have tried everything we know through group policy etc but to no avail. We have installed an image through WDS from
    a machine that works with out issue and we have no issues on our laptop builds (these are not imaged).

All machines are HP Pro One 440 G3, running Windows 10, Sophos Safeguard version 8.0

Cheers in advance.

MarkDuffy1, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Stuck in diagnostic mode, PIN # not accepted, please help

I had no issues with my computer prior. I simply was following some online suggestions for ways to reduce lag in an online game we like to play. The suggestion was to turn diagnostic mode on, which I did. I shut my computer off and when I turned it back on and entered my PIN # it said it was incorrect, yet, it is indeed correct. This started a week worth of nonstop research on how to undo this mess. I can hold the shift key down while restarting my computer and I get a blue screen where I have several options. I have tried restarting my computer to previous version, does not work. I have gone to troubleshooting, advance, options and I get to the point that I can see a list of options like safe mode and etc. but cannot click on any options in the list, instead it says restart computer to get me to those options which when I restart takes me right back to the Windows login screen. I tried to pull up command prompt and it asks for my PIN # which it will not accept. I click on forgot password and it restarts PC and takes me right back to the windows login screen where my PIN is still not accepted. I try to get to safe mode, it asks for the user account and then the PIN # that again, it will not accept. I have turned the PC on and off 3 times to start the auto repair and it just takes me to the same screen as holding down the shift key when restarting. I don't know what else to do, I cannot get to safe mode because it requires a PIN # that it does not accept, I cannot get into command prompt because it requires a PIN # that again says is incorrect, I cannot get anywhere with any of the online options or directions I see that works for many people. WHAT DO I DO? Any help or suggestions??

thytaysmom, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Bitlocker not accepting correct pin

Bitlocker Pin is not accepted first time.

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the advice. I think we may have found the issue (I hope). It looks like it may be Sophos that is causing the issue with Bitlocker. We have setup another machine without Sophos installed and it works without issue. Asks for the Bitlocker pin at
    startup and accepts it first time.

Another machine we have setup is still running Sophos. We have disabled TPM in the BIOS, amended Group Policy so the drive could be encrypted and then re-encrypted the hard drive, . We now have this machine working running both Sophos and Bitlocker. More
    investigations are needed to see why this is happening. Maybe its the HP machines just don't like Bitlocker and Sophos running at the same time.

When we have a resolution I'll update this.

Thanks again

Mark

MarkDuffy1, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker not accepting correct pin

1. Bitlocker not accepting correct pin - Similar Threads - Bitlocker accepting correct

2. Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password: I have a laptop I'm trying to repurpose for a friend and trying to remove the Windows Hello PIN sign on feature for them and it prompts for a password to remove it but repeatedly says the password is incorrect. I have logged onto Microsoft on the same laptop and updated the...
  3. Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password: I have a laptop I'm trying to repurpose for a friend and trying to remove the Windows Hello PIN sign on feature for them and it prompts for a password to remove it but repeatedly says the password is incorrect. I have logged onto Microsoft on the same laptop and updated the...
  4. Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Bitlocker not accepting correct pin

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bitlocker not accepting correct pin: As the subject indicates, my HP 15 core i7 has its main **** drive encrypted with Bitlocker as this is required by my institution. However, suddenly today it is no longer accepting what I am certain is the correct PIN and I get a "Too Many Pin Attempts" error message....
  6. Bitlocker not accepting correct pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker not accepting correct pin: As the subject indicates, my HP 15 core i7 has its main **** drive encrypted with Bitlocker as this is required by my institution. However, suddenly today it is no longer accepting what I am certain is the correct PIN and I get a "Too Many Pin Attempts" error message....
  7. Not accepting correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not accepting correct password: For some reason my laptop rebooting continuosly blue screen. After surfing online I came to know this can fixed through commands. Before command prompt pops up, it asked me to enter my outlook password. No matter how many times I entered the correct password it shows...
  8. BitLocker not accepting Password and Recovery Key which are correct.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BitLocker not accepting Password and Recovery Key which are correct.: I was removing bit locker password by decrypting it but suddenly it starts not responding and program closed then I restart my pc and try to unlock external hard drive but when I enter correct password and recovery key it says "Password entered is incorrect." What to do...
  9. Bitlocker Pin is not accepted first time.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Pin is not accepted first time.: Hi, We are adding a number of new HP PCs to our domain and have bitlocker enabled. When the bitlocker enter pin number screen appears we input the correct pin number and press enter. We then get the bitlocker recovery screen. We then select enter to continue. The machine...
  10. PIN not accepted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN not accepted: Hi. I've been signing in to Windows 10 with a 4 digit PIN number for months. All of a sudden it's not accepted. Any rational reason why this would happen? It's not an issue, I can still sign in with my Microsoft account and change the PIN number, I'm just curious as to...