Windows 10: BitLocker not accepting Password and Recovery Key which are correct.

Discus and support BitLocker not accepting Password and Recovery Key which are correct. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was removing bit locker password by decrypting it but suddenly it starts not responding and program closed then I restart my pc and try to unlock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VinayRanvir, Nov 7, 2020.

1. BitLocker not accepting Password and Recovery Key which are correct.

I was removing bit locker password by decrypting it but suddenly it starts not responding and program closed then I restart my pc and try to unlock external hard drive but when I enter correct password and recovery key it says "Password entered is incorrect."

What to do please help anyone, my data is important to me.

:)

VinayRanvir, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Green1967 Win User

Bitlocker will not accept password or Recovery Key

I am trying to access my hard drive , But my recovery key and password are not being accepted

by bitlocker.

This Recovery key was sent to me when setting up the bitlocker, But now says it's a invalid key

Is there a problem with this software as its not accepting my recovery key Or password.

Can this bitlocker be reset so that it Can accept my recover key.

Any help please.Alan

Green1967, Nov 7, 2020
  3. iAdjunct Win User
    BitLocker won't accept correct disk password after... something

The company I work for has computers with TPM chips and Windows 10 Enterprise, and uses BitLocker for full-disk encryption. They have BitLocker configured to require a password at boot (which I believe means the TPM is not involved in the decryption, and the disk should only be encrypted by the password itself; is this wrong?).

A coworker has his computer off the network for a while and they removed his computer's access. To get access back, IT had to do "stuff" to it.

In the process of this, they had to

• Make BIOS accept USB boot drive
    • Do something, maybe including updates to stuff (they weren't able to explain what the thing they ran did, only that it "did stuff")
    • Boot the computer
    • Noticed BitLocker password wasn't working
    • Went back into BIOS and re-initialized the TPM (because "sometimes that makes it accept the recovery key")

But the BitLocker password still didn't work... and the extraordinarily-competent IT people (the same ones who re-initialized the TPM) also lost the recovery key from their database.

What is actually causing it to reject the correct password?

Is the TPM relevant to this at all? (does password-protection require both the password to be correct AND the TPM to have the correct PCR state, or is it independent of the TPM?)

How can he unlock the drive with the password? (if the above question is that it still requires the TPM, then this is probably a worthless question because it's impossible)

iAdjunct, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Ramhound Win User

BitLocker not accepting Password and Recovery Key which are correct.

BitLocker won't accept correct disk password after... something

Yes; BitLocker absolutely was using the TPM to store the key. When the TPM configuration was wiped this key was permanently lost. The only way to access the drive currently is with the recovery key.

The password would only be accepted after the applicable recovery key was provided.

This is not possible in the current condition the system is in.

The recovery key is required, in order for the password to be used, in order to enable BitLocker again. BitLocker was automatically suspended when the TPM configuration was wiped. The data is still encrypted but the recovery key is required in order to access the data.

Ramhound, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

BitLocker not accepting Password and Recovery Key which are correct.

1. BitLocker not accepting Password and Recovery Key which are correct. - Similar Threads - BitLocker accepting Password

2. Correct Bitlocker recovery key is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct Bitlocker recovery key is: Whilst using windows 11 pro;I backed up a windows disk image using: Control Panel; Back up and Restore; Create a system image. I also backed up my C: drive.I saved both of these onto external media, a 512gb Toshiba HDD USB 3.0I used bitlocker to encrypt the drive. I wrote...
  3. Correct Bitlocker recovery key is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct Bitlocker recovery key is: Whilst using windows 11 pro;I backed up a windows disk image using: Control Panel; Back up and Restore; Create a system image. I also backed up my C: drive.I saved both of these onto external media, a 512gb Toshiba HDD USB 3.0I used bitlocker to encrypt the drive. I wrote...
  4. Bitlocker Not Accepting the BitLocker Recovery Key, What To Do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Not Accepting the BitLocker Recovery Key, What To Do?: I have an HP X360 laptop 1 year old and I installed Windows 11 worked fine for like a week or 2. After my laptop running the automatic updates, it crashed/froze; after trying to restart it the Bitlocker recovery screen appeared, I enter the correct Bitlocker recovery key I...
  5. Bitlocker Not Accepting the BitLocker Recovery Key, What To Do?

Bitlocker Not Accepting the BitLocker Recovery Key, What To Do?: I have an HP X360 laptop 1 year old and I installed Windows 11 worked fine for like a week or 2. After my laptop running the automatic updates, it crashed/froze; after trying to restart it the Bitlocker recovery screen appeared, I enter the correct Bitlocker recovery key I...
  6. Bitlocker not accepting correct pin

Bitlocker not accepting correct pin: As the subject indicates, my HP 15 core i7 has its main **** drive encrypted with Bitlocker as this is required by my institution. However, suddenly today it is no longer accepting what I am certain is the correct PIN and I get a "Too Many Pin Attempts" error message....
  7. Not accepting correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not accepting correct password: For some reason my laptop rebooting continuosly blue screen. After surfing online I came to know this can fixed through commands. Before command prompt pops up, it asked me to enter my outlook password. No matter how many times I entered the correct password it shows...
  8. BitLocker Password or Recovery Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Password or Recovery Key: Dear All, FYI, one of our staff was accidently turn on the BitLocker Drive Encryption for Windows 10 Pro in his HP laptop for a quite some time. Last few, days the laptop's motherboard was faulty and we manage to get HP to replace the new motherboard. However, after replace...
  9. BitLocker Recovery key not correct

BitLocker Recovery key not correct: Hi,I recently try to boot my windows 10 on safe mode but will not accept my password and was asking for BitLocker recovery key I got this via my Microsoft account as detailed in the table below; but when I entered it i got a massage the recovery key is not correct....
  10. Bitlocker key and password recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker key and password recovery: Hi, i have a drive that is locked but i do not have the 48 key password. i only have the 32 key identification key. how do i unlock my drive with this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after windows installed bitlocker wont acceptpassword

2. bitlocker not recognising password

3. bitlocker didnt accept password