Windows 10: Bitlocker not opening drive D

Discus and support Bitlocker not opening drive D in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There was blue screen issu service exception .After failure in all available techniques i decided to new windows 10 locked D: by bitlocker .I do..but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SAQIB M ABBASI, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Bitlocker not opening drive D

There was blue screen issu service exception .After failure in all available techniques i decided to new windows 10 locked D: by bitlocker .I do..but now D is not opening with correct password.some time it return wrong password.and mostly no return

I cannot use recovery key as it was del while new windows10 in drive C.and it was in C..

Plz guide me if there is any solution.

:)

SAQIB M ABBASI, Jul 23, 2020

2. Bitlocker not opening drive D

There was blue screen issu (service exception ).After failure in all available techniques i decided to new windows 10 (locked D: by bitlocker ).I do..but now D is not opening with correct password.some time it return wrong password.and mostly no return

I cannot use recovery key as it was del while new windows10 in drive C.and it was in C..

Plz guide me if there is any solution.

SAQIB M ABBASI, Jul 31, 2020
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Brian Cab Win User

Bitlocker not opening drive D

My question is about bitlocker.

Hi,

To address your concern, You can try unlocking the hard drives through the elevated command prompt by following the steps below.

Unlock Drive using a Password

• Open command prompt as administrator.
    • Type the commands below. You will not be able to see the password while typing it in.
    manage-bde -unlock D: -password (for the D drive)

manage-bde -unlock F: -password (for the F drive)

3. Hit Enter key after typing in each command.

Unlock Drive using the Bitlocker Recovery Key

• Open command prompt as administrator.
    • Type the commands below.
    manage-bde -unlock D: -rp BitLocker Recovery Key (for the D drive)

manage-bde -unlock F: -rp BitLocker Recovery Key (for the F drive)

3. Hit Enter key after typing in each command.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker not opening drive D

1. Bitlocker not opening drive D - Similar Threads - Bitlocker opening drive

2. Bitlocker issue with "D" drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker issue with "D" drive: A user brought me a computer with a USB headset not working. I went to Dell's website and downloaded installed both a Realtek driver and a USB Realtek driver. The USB driver required a restarted. Pursuant to that, the machine kept blue-screening after the Bitlocker PIN was...
  3. Bitlocker issue with "D" drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker issue with "D" drive: A user brought me a computer with a USB headset not working. I went to Dell's website and downloaded installed both a Realtek driver and a USB Realtek driver. The USB driver required a restarted. Pursuant to that, the machine kept blue-screening after the Bitlocker PIN was...
  4. Bitlocker issue with "D" drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes: Hi,I believe this is a subject for Microsoft Windows development department.Three notebooks, all - OneDrive folder in D - D bitlocked - OneDrive launchs at start-up Catastrophe on two notebooks, no problem on one notebook.spending hours and hours trying to understand what is...
  6. OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes

OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes: Hi,I believe this is a subject for Microsoft Windows development department.Three notebooks, all - OneDrive folder in D - D bitlocked - OneDrive launchs at start-up Catastrophe on two notebooks, no problem on one notebook.spending hours and hours trying to understand what is...
  7. how to remove bitlocker key on D: Drive

how to remove bitlocker key on D: Drive: in my laptop d drive locked by Bit-Locker how to remove it plz help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-bitlocker-key-on-d-drive/357d90d2-5747-4ebf-bdf2-ef2c583e519d
  8. D Drive has been locked by bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D Drive has been locked by bitlocker: My D drive got locked by bitlocker and i don't have the recovery key or password. I have not set the bitlocker recovery key for my drive. The only recovery key I have is for my C drive on a flash drive. Can anyone help me with this....
  9. Drive D Bitlocked, but system shows it as off

Drive D Bitlocked, but system shows it as off: Hi,I installed a windows 11 system and drive c & D showed encryped, I turned encryption off and now drive D shows off from command prompt.Volume D: [] [Data Volume] Size: Unknown GB BitLocker Version: 2.0 Conversion Status: Fully Decrypted Percentage Encrypted: 0.0%...
  10. Can not open drive D because BitLocker after reinstalling Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not open drive D because BitLocker after reinstalling Windows 10: Hi all, I've just re-installing Windows 10 with new installation from USB Drive. But after finishing, I can not access drive D with required BitLocker recovery key. Previously, I may not remember that I've already using BitLocker or not. How can I solve the problem?...