Windows 10: Bitlocker not showing up for 2nd drive?

Discus and support Bitlocker not showing up for 2nd drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I successfully encrypted one of my external HDDs. Today, I was planing to encrypt my 2nd external HDD but the option is not showing up. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noobatanything, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Bitlocker not showing up for 2nd drive?

So, I successfully encrypted one of my external HDDs. Today, I was planing to encrypt my 2nd external HDD but the option is not showing up. How can I activate it?

submitted by /u/noobatanything
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/noobatanything, Oct 18, 2020

2. 2nd Drive Files not Showing in Quick search

Hi all,

Background: I'm running Windows 10, anniversary update; with two physical drives, each also shown as a logical volume (C and D).

Issue: When searching from the Start menu, files on my C drive show up, however the ones on D do not.

Troubleshooting I have done so far:

• Verify that the 2nd Drive (D) has indexing enabled
    • Verify that the folders on the drive also have indexing enabled
    • Rebuild index
    • The files DO appear when searching the 2nd drive via Windows Explorer, but NOT through the start search
    Is this a known issue, and what steps can I take to resolve this?

Teknophile, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Bitlock adding 2nd drive

Hello,

I have a laptop which is bit locked.

I do not have the bit locker key or password, but I have a 6 digit PIN.

I can start the laptop successfully with the pin and login to Windows 10.

If I add a 2nd internal hard drive, which is say already formatted to FAT32, or NTFS,

Can I then boot using the PIN, and read/write to the 2nd drive without the 2nd drive being bitlocked?

Many thanks

JeremyWrightcoolbeans, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Bitlocker not showing up for 2nd drive?

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker not showing up for 2nd drive?

1. Bitlocker not showing up for 2nd drive? - Similar Threads - Bitlocker showing 2nd

2. Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel: Hi there, I had an old 2TB HDD that was used for data on my old computer running Windows 10 pro. It was bitlocker encryped. I decrypted it on my old computer, and moved it to my new computer running Windows 11 pro. I removed the encryption on this drive as I was uncertain...
  3. Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel: Hi there, I had an old 2TB HDD that was used for data on my old computer running Windows 10 pro. It was bitlocker encryped. I decrypted it on my old computer, and moved it to my new computer running Windows 11 pro. I removed the encryption on this drive as I was uncertain...
  4. 2nd hard drive not showing win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd hard drive not showing win 10: I'm trying to take a sata hard drive (with existing data) from an older win 10 machine and add it as a second drive on newer win 10 machine (also sata). First time I've done it. I've watched YT videos on how to configure the 2nd drive but it's based on the 2nd drive showing...
  5. Bitlock adding 2nd drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlock adding 2nd drive: Hello, I have a laptop which is bit locked. I do not have the bit locker key or password, but I have a 6 digit PIN. I can start the laptop successfully with the pin and login to Windows 10. If I add a 2nd internal hard drive, which is say already formatted to FAT32, or...
  6. My 2nd hard drive shows up in device manager but does not show up in disk management.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My 2nd hard drive shows up in device manager but does not show up in disk management.: How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-2nd-hard-drive-shows-up-in-device-manager-but/20dbfc90-2335-42f1-8dee-7b1c0abd58b4"
  7. Partition not showing up in Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Partition not showing up in Bitlocker Drive Encryption: Hello everyone I have a problem with bitlocker. I formatted my SSD to have 3 partions next to C: D, E and F. As soon as I started encryption on the D & E drives, the option for F went away. I suspect it has something to do with the layout and and type of the partition...
  8. 2nd drive not showing in my computer but boots up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd drive not showing in my computer but boots up: I was a Bombardier in the Hawaiian Army, sorry. *Sad But you are right, all replies removed.
  9. This PC: missing flash drive, not showing 2nd drive as a bitlocked

in Windows 10 Support
    This PC: missing flash drive, not showing 2nd drive as a bitlocked: This has happened before, then went a way after a while and several restarts. Now it's back. My Computer (aka "This PC"), under "Devices and Drives", does not show my SD card that is inserted, though I can navigate to it by manually typing H:\. I also can find it my using...
  10. 2nd Drive shows 100% usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2nd Drive shows 100% usage: Hi, I'm a new member and hope you can help me with this problem. Am using Windows 10 64bit with 8 gig of ram , M5A97 R2.0 m/b with Amd FX 6300 six core cpu. 1st drive western digital green 640gb with operation system 2nd drive western digital blue 2gig with tv shows. 3rd...