Windows 10: Bitlocker on Dualboot system

Discus and support Bitlocker on Dualboot system in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello there, my question is how to configure (if it is possible) Bitlocker encryption on system drive so I can set to automatically unlock encrypted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ponura89, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Ponura89 Win User

Bitlocker on Dualboot system

Hello there,
    my question is how to configure (if it is possible) Bitlocker encryption on system drive so I can set to automatically unlock encrypted drives. To be more specific I don´t have TPM feature and am using dual-boot with Ubuntu.
    Setup is following - 1st SSD with Windows 10 and 2nd is with Ubuntu using Grub 2 installed on 1st SSD.
    Is there any possible solution to do encryption and avoid kind of situation I can´t login to my PC ? Maybe with Easy BCD ... I have absolutely no clue if it is related to it and will be grateful for help. Thanks

:)

Ponura89, Dec 15, 2016
  2. mdobrenko Win User

Is it possible to reinstall Windows 10 and completely reset UEFI options

In short, I have a dualboot (or did) and I think something went wrong at one point, modifying entries and the like: Ubuntu/Windows 10 Dualboot - Grub missing

I ended up just installing windows over again, but I would prefer to have a dualboot, and figured if I could get the computer to a state in which it first came (BIOS, UEFI and all) I could install it again (as I was able to at some point).

mdobrenko, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    ual boot system upgrade to windows 10

Yes, when you upgrade your Windows 7 install, your system will turn into a dualboot XP and 10.

As always back up your data before performing major upgrades.

Entegy, Dec 15, 2016
  4. Ponura89 Win User

I am a bit further solving this problem. To encrypt drive without TPM chip is possible by editing group policy setting.

So now I probably need to migrate from Grub 2 to Windows bootloader, to be sure I can get into my OS´s after encrypting. Can someone advice me in this step ?

Ponura89, Dec 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Bitlocker on Dualboot system - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Dualboot system

2. bootmgfw.efi not found in dualboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bootmgfw.efi not found in dualboot: I recently installed Fedora and made a dual boot with both Fedora and Windows. For a week it worked perfectly but today I tried to start Windows and it says that bootmgfw.efi cant be found. I can only boot to fedora and some weird things happen:I have 2 NVMe disk: Samsung 1TB...
  3. Deleted an operating system in Windows Dualboot, now nothing starts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted an operating system in Windows Dualboot, now nothing starts?: Hello,I have had 2 operating systems installed on my PC. I deleted the firstI formatted the SSD, which I no longer used. Now no windows starts at all. I guess I deleted the boot manager on the first drive and now no windows is recognized. How can I fix this now again?...
  4. Deleted an operating system in Windows Dualboot, now nothing starts?

Deleted an operating system in Windows Dualboot, now nothing starts?: Hello,I have had 2 operating systems installed on my PC. I deleted the firstI formatted the SSD, which I no longer used. Now no windows starts at all. I guess I deleted the boot manager on the first drive and now no windows is recognized. How can I fix this now again?...
  5. WHY REMOVE DUALBOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY REMOVE DUALBOOT: I use ubuntu as i link it alot more than spying companies like MS Now you FORCE a update and remove dualboot!!!!WHY??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-remove-dualboot/bab1c6ed-6a4d-48cb-8b5e-66f9604899fd
  6. WHY REMOVE DUALBOOT

WHY REMOVE DUALBOOT: I use ubuntu as i link it alot more than spying companies like MS Now you FORCE a update and remove dualboot!!!!WHY??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-remove-dualboot/bab1c6ed-6a4d-48cb-8b5e-66f9604899fd
  7. Rebuild Windows boot partition and keep system partition on GPT dualboot system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rebuild Windows boot partition and keep system partition on GPT dualboot system: Hi everyone!Well, here is the problem: after a partition manager crash, I have to rebuild all my partition system. I have now my linux system 2 partitions, an EFI partition on which one is installed rEFInd bootloader, and a Windows System partition, with all my program files...
  8. Recover a Windows system partition on GPT dualboot system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover a Windows system partition on GPT dualboot system: Hi everyone!Well, here is the problem: after a partition manager crash, I have to rebuild all my partition system. I have now my linux system 2 partitions, an EFI partition on which one is installed rEFInd bootloader, and a Windows System partition, with all my program files...
  9. DualBoot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DualBoot Windows 10: i have hdd with windows 10 installed on it and i just got myself a ssd today since there's still some data left on my old windows i chose to dualboot my windows installation on my ssd so it's much easier to move my data later on. but something weird happened, the system drive...
  10. Unmountable_Boot_Volume Bluescreen after Bitlocker Test Run in a Dualboot Setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unmountable_Boot_Volume Bluescreen after Bitlocker Test Run in a Dualboot Setup: Hi there, I had a dual boot system established with two Windows 10 on two separate NVMe SSDs, using the built-in Windows bootmanager. Both SSDs initially not encrypted, the bootmanager system partition located at SSD 1. Now I tried encrypting SSD 2 using Bitlocker. TPM was...
Tags: