Windows 10: Bitlocker + OneDrive + Windows HOME/PRO Question

Discus and support Bitlocker + OneDrive + Windows HOME/PRO Question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; At the moment, I have 2 laptops, one is on Windows 10 Home and one is on Windows 10 Pro and Bitlocker is OFF. I have One Drive on the Windows 10 Pro PC... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Edwin Ong Uy, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Bitlocker + OneDrive + Windows HOME/PRO Question

At the moment, I have 2 laptops, one is on Windows 10 Home and one is on Windows 10 Pro and Bitlocker is OFF. I have One Drive on the Windows 10 Pro PC and every so often, I access this on the Windows 10 Home PC and sync it locally to a local folder. I want to turn on Bitlocker on the Windows 10 Pro. If I do, will the Windows 10 Home PC still be able to access the One Drive or do I have to upgrade the Windows 10 Home? I don't think there is a free upgrade path to Windows 10 Pro, is it? :

:)

Edwin Ong Uy, Jun 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Bitlocker Questions

Okay... just saw that mistake

- - - Updated - - -

Bitlocker + OneDrive + Windows HOME/PRO Question [​IMG]

I followed the step 1 instructions in that link you posted...

So i should now turn on bitlocker to see if it works? Or do I need to do both step 2 and 3 in that link you posted... before I turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks saw that mistake. I post some more pictures. So what do you want me to do now? Do step 2 and 3 in that link you posted? Or try to turn on bitlocker right now after doing the 1st step? Im not sure if in that link, they want you to do all 3 steps or not? Or is it try step 1... if it works, thats it and then turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing step 3.... I did the first part of step 3 and it showed tons of words which meant i entered it correct. But the last step of step 3... i seem to get error? What am i typing wrong here?

Bitlocker + OneDrive + Windows HOME/PRO Question [​IMG]

paulyjustin, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Bitlocker + OneDrive + Windows HOME/PRO Question

Brink, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker + OneDrive + Windows HOME/PRO Question

1. Bitlocker + OneDrive + Windows HOME/PRO Question - Similar Threads - Bitlocker OneDrive HOME

2. BitLocker Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Questions: Hello,I would love your help in understanding this please.I'm using Lenovo ThinkPad T480 with Windows 11 ProIn System Information "Device Encryption Support" I get "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected".I opened "Manage...
  3. BitLocker Question..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Question..: So I bought a brand new ASUS laptop from Best Buy. It worked fine for a while then all of a sudden it wouldn't turn on anymore. I took it to best buy to make a warranty claim. They were supposed to send it to ASUS, but instead sent it to Geek Squad. A week later I got the...
  4. Bitlocker question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker question: I have Windows 10 Pro on one computer. Can I encrypt/decrypt different hard drives (with separate installations) interchangably using the same device? submitted by /u/kfucgsojfjdjfjjf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2zg7q/bitlocker_question/
  5. Bitlocker question

Bitlocker question: Laptop is playing up and I can't get log into windows as the account is linked to my old workplace and I never got them to give administrator rights so I can't get into the bios. I have the bitlocker recovery key and the password. If I replace the hard drive will I be able to...
  6. Bitlocker question

Bitlocker question: Im thinking to setup Bitlocker but Im not sure of a few things. I understand if I setup auto unlock with TPM and the drive was removed and connected to a different computer it will not auto unlock. But what if the entire computer was stolen or something? In such case is the...
  7. BitLocker questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker questions: I saved my BitLocker recovery key to my USB flash drive and it has the usual Recovery TXT file, but when I unhide the System files in File Explorer, it shows also the BEK file which is a hidden file. I got a new USB flash drive and need to transfer all the data from my...
  8. BitLocker Question

BitLocker Question: Hello, I understand BitLocker encrypts the data on your hard drive. My questions is: ig someone hack's your laptop will they be able to access your files/data? A scenario would be when using the laptop over public wi-fi WITH a quality VPN enabled. BitLocker appears to...
  9. BitLocker questions

BitLocker questions: Hi, sorry for my poor English. I just realised that my HDD was Encrypted with BitLocker and I did not knew that. Rather I had no Key to access files in case of a failure were I could not boot any longer. How do I access my Data in case I can not Boot the PC and I have...
  10. BitLocker questions

in Windows 10 Support
    BitLocker questions: I'm thinking of using BitLocker, but I need to know a few things first. 1. I use two partitions, one for the OS (and installed programs) and another for Documents. 2. I know that I'll have to format the OS drive and re-install Windows at some point in the future...