Windows 10: Bitlocker partially encrypted my hard drive - password not working - unable to read data.

Discus and support Bitlocker partially encrypted my hard drive - password not working - unable to read data. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I attached a removable hard drive with my office laptop. I mistakenly choose to bitlocker encryption. Bitlocker started encryption and stopped at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by S MNuruzzaman, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Bitlocker partially encrypted my hard drive - password not working - unable to read data.

Hi, I attached a removable hard drive with my office laptop. I mistakenly choose to bitlocker encryption. Bitlocker started encryption and stopped at 76%. After waiting for long time I removed it from laptop. After that I tried to read the data using my office laptop and home computer but failed. It asks for password but even I provide correct password, it is not working. I printed a copy of Key but not sure it is the correct key. Could anyone please help me so that I can recover all the data?

:)

S MNuruzzaman, Aug 5, 2019

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Partially encrypted drive with BitLocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If the encrypting was stopped suddenly during the encryption process, then there are high possibilities that you have lost the data from the encrypted drive or the data might have got corrupted. However, copy some of the files from the encrypted hard drive
    and paste them into an USB drive and try opening those files in another computer and check if they are opening as expected.

If you have used any third-party application to recover the data from the encrypted drive and then accessing the data which has been recovered and facing this issue, then I would suggest you to get in touch with the Recovery Software manufacture and see
    if they can recover the data.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Bitlocker partially encrypted my hard drive - password not working - unable to read data.

Bitlocker Drive Encryption(Not Responding) at 84.5%

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to encrypt the complete hard drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption and now it’s not responding as well.

We would suggest you to refer this
    BitLocker: Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker
    article and check manage-bde section, if that helps to make the changes.

However, for further queries we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker partially encrypted my hard drive - password not working - unable to read data.

1. Bitlocker partially encrypted my hard drive - password not working - unable to read data. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker partially encrypted

2. Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives: Dear Community,I've used disk partitions over my pre loaded home edition window. By default i've received one C drive but after disk partition now it was three drives. Today i've reinstall the window but now big issue occur, I can access only one C drive other two devices...
  3. Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives: Dear Community,I've used disk partitions over my pre loaded home edition window. By default i've received one C drive but after disk partition now it was three drives. Today i've reinstall the window but now big issue occur, I can access only one C drive other two devices...
  4. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive: Today my home laptop system asked for bit locker password after booting up before login. Bit locker encryption was not enabled by me. However, to make the computer usable, C drive was formatted since there was no critical data in C Drive. However D Drive is still encrypted....
  5. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive: Today my home laptop system asked for bit locker password after booting up before login. Bit locker encryption was not enabled by me. However, to make the computer usable, C drive was formatted since there was no critical data in C Drive. However D Drive is still encrypted....
  6. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bitlocker encrypted drive not prompting for password

Bitlocker encrypted drive not prompting for password: I have a bitlocker encrypted file named myfile.vhd. On my PC when I double click it, it warns that it's encrypted, then prompts for a password. I copied the file to my wife's computer and when I double click it, or right click and select "Mount" from the context menu a...
  8. Unable to access hard drive after encrypting it using Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to access hard drive after encrypting it using Bitlocker: Hi, I attached a removable hard drive with my office laptop. I mistakenly choose to bitlocker encryption. Bitlocker started encryption and stopped at 76%. After waiting for long time I removed it from laptop. After that I tried to read the data using my office laptop and home...
  9. Help Getting an Encrypted Hard drive to read

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help Getting an Encrypted Hard drive to read: Hello I am new to Windows 10 and was pretty much forced to change over. I had a windows 7 laptop that I took into my local computer shop and when I got it back they had swapped out the 1TB Barracuda hard drive with a smaller one. they told me it was encrypted. I dont recall...
  10. Partially encrypted drive with BitLocker

Partially encrypted drive with BitLocker: [Sorry for my terrible English, I am not an American nor a Briton.] Hello, several days before, I was removing BitLocker from an external hard drive in PowerShell, but then I suddenly had to leave and the process was stuck at 30% encrypted. Yesterday, I accidentally deleted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stopped bitlocker and now unable to do anything with g0-drive