Windows 10: Bitlocker partition got corrupted Need help!

Discus and support Bitlocker partition got corrupted Need help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; From my 500 GB SSD I've created 20 GB partition for BitLocker, today suddenly it started showing message "Needs to be formatted before use" . I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/balthazar_brat, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Bitlocker partition got corrupted Need help!

From my 500 GB SSD I've created 20 GB partition for BitLocker, today suddenly it started showing message "Needs to be formatted before use" . I tried almost everything CMD, Sfc/Scan, Error check, M3 data recovery nothing is working.

Any help is really appreciated.

submitted by /u/balthazar_brat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/balthazar_brat, Nov 13, 2019

2. BitLocker on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

This could be due to some corruption in the system files, please check the methods below and see if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.
    • Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.

Method 2: Please try the steps provided in the given article.

Unlock a BitLocker-protected drive

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 3: Perform SFC scan

I would suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if that helps. The
    sfc/scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. It is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore
    corrupted files.

Refer the link: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted
    system files

Note: Link applies to Windows 10 as well.

More information:
    BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Need Help in BitLocker deployment Step by Step

Dear All,

We are planning to deploy to deploy Windows 10 BitLocker in our organization. Could you please anyone help me with step by step deployment from the scratch.

1. What are the requirement?
    2. How to setup BitLocker management server?
    3. What are the per-cautions and best practices?
    Thanks in well advance for brief guide.

Best Regards

Faisal

Faisal_Raza, Nov 13, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Bitlocker partition got corrupted Need help!

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker partition got corrupted Need help!

1. Bitlocker partition got corrupted Need help! - Similar Threads - Bitlocker partition got

2. Partition got bitlocker after windows download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition got bitlocker after windows download: After downloading a windows version to my laptop one partition got bit locker and i couldn’t open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/partition-got-bitlocker-after-windows-download/d7a20812-fc89-4a77-bb67-a2559a9b3760
  3. Partition got bitlocker after windows download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partition got bitlocker after windows download: After downloading a windows version to my laptop one partition got bit locker and i couldn’t open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/partition-got-bitlocker-after-windows-download/d7a20812-fc89-4a77-bb67-a2559a9b3760
  4. Partition got bitlocker after windows download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bitlocker help needed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker help needed...: My son's new laptop is asking for a bitlocker key but the device isn't registered under his MS account. He has used the laptop for several weeks but the first day at Collège it's asking for the bitlock key and we have no idea what to do. Resetting the laptop is an option but...
  6. Bitlocker help needed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker help needed...: My son's new laptop is asking for a bitlocker key but the device isn't registered under his MS account. He has used the laptop for several weeks but the first day at Collège it's asking for the bitlock key and we have no idea what to do. Resetting the laptop is an option but...
  7. Bitlocker help needed...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Need help on bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help on bitlocker: Hi Team,I have lost my bitlocker key and password and one drive has got locked with it.Unable to unlock it. How can I get it unlocked and what the process can be possible.Any help will be appreciatable.Thanks....
  9. Need BitLocker help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need BitLocker help: I have a Surface that I have not used in little more than a year. I got it out and started to load Windows updates. The computer locked and told me to enter my BitLocker password and that I can find it on my Windows login to my account on their website. I have searched all...
  10. [HELP] BitLocker SCREWED my Boot Partition (corrupted?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] BitLocker SCREWED my Boot Partition (corrupted?): The SSD in question has 2 partitions. I was encrypting my Boot Partition. I am totally new to BitLocker. I chose the option of putting my key on an external flash drive, I set a password, then it asked me to restart before it begins encryption (might not go exactly like...