Windows 10: Bitlocker Partitions gone - Please help!

Discus and support Bitlocker Partitions gone - Please help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After being confronted with "No bootable devices found" for the third time now I was hoping to be able to fix the problem somehow. See here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/need_help_br0s, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Bitlocker Partitions gone - Please help!

After being confronted with "No bootable devices found" for the third time now I was hoping to be able to fix the problem somehow. See here: https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/No-bootable-devices-found-Cannot-boot-Dell-XPS-9360R/m-p/7619749

In the process of troubleshooting though, the partition table must've been deleted, as my SSD is now shown as unallocated volume. I have not formatted anything whatsoever. I do have the Bitlocker passwords and recovery keys at hand. But I don't know how to get Windows or the BIOS in general to recognise the partitions again. Without the partition recognition, all the Windows repair tools don't work.

I have tried my luck via a Live Linux USB running TestDisk, but it only could find some irrelevant small partitions. My SSD used to have one Windows partition and one Data partition, both encrypted. Plus the extra partitions that Windows creates, of course.

Any ideas on how to save me from wiping my SSD?

submitted by /u/need_help_br0s
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/need_help_br0s, Jun 5, 2020

2. Bitlocker menu in Control Panel is gone!!!!!

Hi,

From the above screenshot I see that you are not able to access or see the Bitlocker Drive Encryption in Control Panel, i suggest you to change the view of the Control panel and then check if you are able to access or view it.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Select the View by options in the upper right pane.
    • In Category select the small icons and then check if you can view the Bitlocker Drive Encryption option.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Need Help in BitLocker deployment Step by Step

Dear All,

We are planning to deploy to deploy Windows 10 BitLocker in our organization. Could you please anyone help me with step by step deployment from the scratch.

1. What are the requirement?
    2. How to setup BitLocker management server?
    3. What are the per-cautions and best practices?
    Thanks in well advance for brief guide.

Best Regards

Faisal

Faisal_Raza, Jun 5, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Bitlocker Partitions gone - Please help!

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker Partitions gone - Please help!

1. Bitlocker Partitions gone - Please help! - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Partitions gone

2. Bitlocker loop, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker loop, please help!: I bought a HP laptop secondhand a couple of year ago. Now i wanted to disable certificate for driver to be able to install a usb blasten driver. I wanted in to bios and started changing secure boot. Then it wanted me to enter recovery key which I don't have. Now i can not...
  3. Bitlocker loop, please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker loop, please help!: I bought a HP laptop secondhand a couple of year ago. Now i wanted to disable certificate for driver to be able to install a usb blasten driver. I wanted in to bios and started changing secure boot. Then it wanted me to enter recovery key which I don't have. Now i can not...
  4. Please help bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help bitlocker: My computer is stuck in one of those advanced repair loops and everything says to do the bitlocker thing with the system repair. problem is when i try to do that it says i can't and that it's on some other account. but i don't know what that is or how to find it or how to fix...
  5. Please help bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help bitlocker: My computer is stuck in one of those advanced repair loops and everything says to do the bitlocker thing with the system repair. problem is when i try to do that it says i can't and that it's on some other account. but i don't know what that is or how to find it or how to fix...
  6. Nvidia is gone please help?

Nvidia is gone please help?: I reset my computer and when it all loaded back up NVIDIA was gone I went to device manager and it wasn't there can anyone help? Spec's are. Dell Vostro 5560 Intel core i5 Nvidia geforce gt 740m And when I did try and install the driver from Nvidia it said this...
  7. Partition Help Please!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partition Help Please!: Okay so a short while ago I reinstalled windows and when I did I accidentally deleted the system reserved partition. No big deal as now Windows creates a 100MB EFI partition and then another one with Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition. Leaving a 500MB unallocated...
  8. Sound is gone, please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound is gone, please help!: I don't hear any sound from my windows 10 laptop. I have checked everything, the sound is on, realtek(r) audio. But when I go to device manager and then properties for realtek R audio, it says everything works properly. But when I go to events, it says device not migrated....
  9. please help...... apps gone

please help...... apps gone: Good Morning, PLEASE can someone help.... I had a problem with my P Bell computer the other day (Windows 10). It froze completely although the Windows PHOTO was shown. Nothing I could do would change it. So, after I chose 'refresh back to an earlier time' it then came up...
  10. Partition help please

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Partition help please: I have 2 new Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 tablets which I immediately updated to Windows 10. The problem is that they only have 32GB storage and after the updates there's not much space left. I've been researching online heaps and I understand that I can delete the Windows.old folder...