Windows 10: Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

Discus and support Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,I set up bitlocker a long time a go on a secondary laptop and subsequently lost the password. I apparently did not set up a recovery key to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MorganTromblee, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

Hello,I set up bitlocker a long time a go on a secondary laptop and subsequently lost the password. I apparently did not set up a recovery key to my microsoft account. I cannot figure out how to access the computer now given I cannot get past bitlocker. I am trying to restore my computer to factory settings. Is there a way to do this from the BIOS menu? I believe the laptop is an ASUS Q501L. Thanks. Unsure if it is running on windows 8 or 10. I'm assuming 10.

:)

MorganTromblee, Dec 2, 2021

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Green1967 Win User
    Bitlocker will not accept password or Recovery Key

I am trying to access my hard drive , But my recovery key and password are not being accepted

by bitlocker.

This Recovery key was sent to me when setting up the bitlocker, But now says it's a invalid key

Is there a problem with this software as its not accepting my recovery key Or password.

Can this bitlocker be reset so that it Can accept my recover key.

Any help please.Alan

Green1967, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

Xylee Del, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

1. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Password Recovery

2. BitLocker Recovery Key Missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Recovery Key Missing: I'm trying to move files over from an SSD to a new computer. I've installed the old SSD directly into the new device in a secondary SSD slot, but the drive is locked and requires a BitLocker Recovery Key to be opened. My Microsoft account shows four bitlocker recovery keys,...
  3. BitLocker Recovery Key Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery Key Missing: I'm trying to move files over from an SSD to a new computer. I've installed the old SSD directly into the new device in a secondary SSD slot, but the drive is locked and requires a BitLocker Recovery Key to be opened. My Microsoft account shows four bitlocker recovery keys,...
  4. BitLocker Recovery Key Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BitLocker Recovery key missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Recovery key missing: My Laptop's C drive is BitLocked. I couldn't find my recovery key on my Microsoft account, although I see the Device. I NEVER EVER heard about the BitLocker. And I was never asked or alerted about the presence of such a monster. I was never emailed this key, or heard about it...
  6. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing: Hello,I set up bitlocker a long time a go on a secondary laptop and subsequently lost the password. I apparently did not set up a recovery key to my microsoft account. I cannot figure out how to access the computer now given I cannot get past bitlocker. I am trying to restore...
  7. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing: Hello,I set up bitlocker a long time a go on a secondary laptop and subsequently lost the password. I apparently did not set up a recovery key to my microsoft account. I cannot figure out how to access the computer now given I cannot get past bitlocker. I am trying to restore...
  8. BitLocker Recovery key Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery key Missing: Hi All,i am unable to find the BitLocker Recovery key in my Microsoft Account and i need it badly lots of data on my C: drive.What else can i do, the machine is now useless as i can't access it.** Issue started when the machine just kept restarting but itself over and over...
  9. BitLocker Recovery key Missing

BitLocker Recovery key Missing: Hi All,i am unable to find the BitLocker Recovery key in my Microsoft Account and i need it badly lots of data on my C: drive.What else can i do, the machine is now useless as i can't access it.** Issue started when the machine just kept restarting but itself over and over...
  10. BitLocker Recovery key Missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security