Windows 10: bitlocker password forgotten

Discus and support bitlocker password forgotten in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i forgot my bitlocker password i forgot to extract the bitlocker recovery key after changing the password i have only old recovery key how do i unlock... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KirubaP, Sep 1, 2020.

1. KirubaP Win User

bitlocker password forgotten

i forgot my bitlocker password i forgot to extract the bitlocker recovery key after changing the password i have only old recovery key how do i unlock my bitlocker

:)

KirubaP, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Dukewayne Win User

bitlocker password?

I have the Recovery Key but that is not the problem. I have no bitlocker password - not lost or forgotten; it was never created. Sounds like you're suggesting I turn off bitlocker and just turn on again.

Dukewayne, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Jacee Win User
    FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, Sep 1, 2020
  4. bitlocker password forgotten

why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

bitlocker password forgotten

1. bitlocker password forgotten - Similar Threads - bitlocker password forgotten

2. Forgotten Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotten Password: Does anyone have any tips on a forgotten password for an Outlook account?We have an account which is logged in on both iPad and iPhone - but within Calendar app, so we cannot see the password.We have tried to the forgotten password/fill in the form with details we can...
  3. Forgotten Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotten Password: Have a HP All-in-One with Windows 7 on it. Password forgotten. Answers to Questions to Reset Password also forgotten. Can anyone tell me how I can bypass this and reset the entry password?...
  4. Forgotten Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Password: Hello,I have forgotten my password to Log into my PC windows 10 however when I select reset password it pops up with a Password Reset Wizard and asks me to reset password using the key disk found in the USB Drive F. I dont know what they mean or why I need to use the Drive F?...
  5. forgotten password

forgotten password: My granddaughter has a Viglen tablet 230 x 135mm. It hasn't been used for several years. She/we cannot remember the password. What can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/75479875-c8ee-40c8-b075-cf0e32e6d3f3
  6. Forgotten password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgotten password: Can someone help me to open my laptop? I forgot my recent password yung hindi sana mabubura yung files, cuz all the files that I need for our finals are in there. submitted by /u/p0w3rZ3r0 [link] [comments]...
  7. Forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password: Hello I need to reset my password, because I've forgotten it. Could you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/dd360b31-3793-4cb9-a9ce-c60e2179d50b
  8. Forgotten Password

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Forgotten Password: Windows 10 version 1909. Is there any way I can determine what the password for my Microsoft Account and Office 365 Account is? When I sign in it accepts the 8 dots in the password field and i wind up in the this forum as I expected. I really don't want to reset my password...
  9. Forgotten Password!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten Password!!: Hello folks!! It has been a while since I have been here. My days of providing advice are over, since a couple of strokes took care of them. This time would like to be at the recipient end, and ask for some help from the Windows10 team I consider the best. *Wink Have a...
  10. Forgotten password.

Forgotten password.: I'm locked out of my old laptop. It does not recognize my fingerprint and following moving to a new house I can't find the folder with old passwords and pins etc. I haven't used this laptop in several years. Help...