Windows 10: Bitlocker password is ruining my life!!

Discus and support Bitlocker password is ruining my life!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Need urgent help! I never saved this Bitlocker recovery key, and can't access Windows because of it. Tried all the commands on manage bde, trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Boltjackson, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Bitlocker password is ruining my life!!

Need urgent help! I never saved this Bitlocker recovery key, and can't access Windows because of it. Tried all the commands on manage bde, trying to unlock the computer, all unsuccessful. Autounlock (recovery key) is not enabled. How can I find this key. Would calling Microsoft help? It'll be my first ever call to MS. I don't want to re-image the drive, because I still need the files! Help me! I am desperate! Frustrated too! The computer says when calling microsoft tell them the error "critical_process_died". What number to call? Any idea how to recover this key? Thank you so much!

Please, don't tell me to go here, because it is useless:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026181/windows-10-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

:)

Boltjackson, Jul 5, 2019

2. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Bitlocker password is ruining my life!!

Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, let us try few troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue and check if that helps. I suggest you to reset the password using the login screen and check if that helps. Refer the section under
    Resetting recovery password from the following article on
    BitLocker recovery guide
    for steps to reset recovery password.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to post your query in the

TechNet forums
    , where you will find support from professional who are dedicated to handle issue related to Bit locker.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker password is ruining my life!!

1. Bitlocker password is ruining my life!! - Similar Threads - Bitlocker password ruining

2. CHKDSK ruined my drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK ruined my drive: My hard drive was failing. I bought a new one and transferred all the data using some free utliity from internet. Few bad blocks were found during copying. Then I mounted a new drive (with the copy) and ran CHKDSK on it. It found and fixed dozens of errors (I did not keep...
  3. MY LIFE

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY LIFE: Yes my email has been HACKED email VictoriasSecret777 outlook won't stop to delete from the time I made it from back of June of 2018 and it's outlook.com please someone help me to delete it and from the time I can't delete it it has Skype and Outlook 365 and need for the...
  4. Why are windows' updates ruined my battery life? how can I fix my battery!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are windows' updates ruined my battery life? how can I fix my battery!: when battery is at 20%, the saver mode , computer shut down immediately! I checked it this time when I plugged in the charger, it was 1% then it hit 20% … 40% on 5 minutes??? I don't understand what is this issue? how can I fix it! really, I don't like these updates,...
  5. BitLocker Password Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Password Entry: I attempted to use BitLocker on my system drive. I do not have TPM so used the Group Policy Editor to enable. After the first few steps were followed, a PC restart was requested. On restarting I see the blue screen asking for my BitLocker Password (Yes I do know it!)...
  6. Getting bitlocker to accept my valid passwords

Getting bitlocker to accept my valid passwords: I am not sure if this is the right place to post bitlocker issues but I was not able to find any forum titled encryption apps or similars so I have placed it here ====================================================== I have attempted to use BitLocker to encrypt a bootable...
  7. Forgot bitlocker password

Forgot bitlocker password: I have a pendrive which contains an important data .I turned on the bitlocker,but forgot the password ,here is the out put any help would be great [img] 63197
  8. Is my computer safe without a Bitlocker password?

Is my computer safe without a Bitlocker password?: I encrypted my entire drive, and everything went fine. I notice there is no preboot password though, it just uses my normal login screen password. My other older computers have Veracrypt on them. You can't do a thing with those until you enter the password first. This does...
  9. Forgot BitLocker Password

Forgot BitLocker Password: Hi everyone, I have BitLocker enabled for my custom built computer's main drive and forgot the password since I haven't used the computer for a month or so. I looked at a lot of possible ways to fix the problem, yet they don't apply. I don't have a backup recovery key on a...
  10. my life tile doesn't life again

in Windows 10 Support
    my life tile doesn't life again: sorry to intrude..but look like my life tile doesn't life again...*Shock.. is there a solution for this. to be specific store is dead now, calendar, mail, .. already restarting, from clean 'till normal, sfc , dism , cleanup storecomponent, .. thanks! 23958